PDA

View Full Version : Anita Andrews Campaign Claim- Verify and I'll Send RP a Check

libertarian4321
09-13-2007, 04:29 AM
Reading the threads about AA, some folks that went to the meetings said she claimed to have "won a campaign where she was outspent $30,000,000 to $300,000".

Okay, I did some research.

First off, this couldn't have been a Senatorial Campaign- I have found only one instance in history where any Senatorial Campaign has raised 30 million- that was Hillary Clinton in her last Senate campaign. Even in large states, with competitive races, the candidates will rarely raise more than $15 million.

Certainly races for the house of representatives don't raise this kind of money.

We know it wasn't a Presidential campaign- no Presidential race has had that kind of lopsided funding.

So the only possibility would be a gubernatorial race. BTW, $30 million would be a LOT of money for a gubernatorial race- it would have to be a large state.

The ONLY race I could think of at the gubernatorial level that has been a major upset was the Minnesota race in 1998 (Jesse Ventura). However, even in that race, Ventura spent close to $1 million (and his major party opponents raised less than $6 million COMBINED- and spent less- they were limited by campaign spending laws).

So, heres the deal: If anyone can find any campaign that fits the claim that Anita Andrews allegedly made, I'll send the Ron Paul campaign another $250 AND I'll never question her qualifications again.

Good luck- I personally don't think there is a chance in hell that I'm going to end up writing that check.

Sematary
09-13-2007, 07:19 AM
Reading the threads about AA, some folks that went to the meetings said she claimed to have "won a campaign where she was outspent $30,000,000 to $300,000".

Okay, I did some research.

First off, this couldn't have been a Senatorial Campaign- I have found only one instance in history where any Senatorial Campaign has raised 30 million- that was Hillary Clinton in her last Senate campaign. Even in large states, with competitive races, the candidates will rarely raise more than $15 million.

Certainly races for the house of representatives don't raise this kind of money.

We know it wasn't a Presidential campaign- no Presidential race has had that kind of lopsided funding.

So the only possibility would be a gubernatorial race. BTW, $30 million would be a LOT of money for a gubernatorial race- it would have to be a large state.

The ONLY race I could think of at the gubernatorial level that has been a major upset was the Minnesota race in 1998 (Jesse Ventura). However, even in that race, Ventura spent close to $1 million (and his major party opponents raised less than $6 million COMBINED- and spent less- they were limited by campaign spending laws).

So, heres the deal: If anyone can find any campaign that fits the claim that Anita Andrews allegedly made, I'll send the Ron Paul campaign another $250 AND I'll never question her qualifications again.

Good luck- I personally don't think there is a chance in hell that I'm going to end up writing that check.

You are basing your thread on hearsay?

constituent
09-13-2007, 07:24 AM
ok... well to cut a battle short...

can anyone first substantiate that the "alleged" statement was made
by A.A.?

davidhperry
09-13-2007, 07:29 AM
can anyone first substantiate that the "alleged" statement was made
by A.A.?

Yes, she said basically the same thing last night. However, she said is was a campaign about the amending the constitution in a particular state - not an election.

pcosmar
09-13-2007, 07:31 AM
I have seen a couple threads on this subject (Anita Andrews ), Who is Anita Andrews, and is she running for any office?
Are we trying to get Ron Paul elected, or promote other folks?
Who is Anita Andrews ? and why is it relevant?

Sematary
09-13-2007, 07:32 AM
Why this need to to diss this woman? The campaign cannot afford to put people on the ground in every single state - so, from everything I understand, they hired this individual to TEACH US HOW TO WIN!
So what's the big deal?
She has a difficult road ahead of her, teaching 40,000 + neophytes how to help Ron Paul win the primaries. Instead of working AGAINST her, we should be working WITH her.

Slugg
09-13-2007, 07:33 AM
I have seen a couple threads on this subject (Anita Andrews ), Who is Anita Andrews, and is she running for any office?
Who is Anita Andrews ? and why is it relevant?

She is a consultant for the campaign. She is traveling around training the grassroots on how to focus our efforts in a more meaningful way. With change there is always controversy, so we are seeing controversy.

Sematary
09-13-2007, 07:34 AM
She is a consultant for the campaign. She is traveling around training the grassroots on how to focus our efforts in a more meaningful way. With change there is always controversy, so we are seeing controversy.

The whole thing is ridiculous. The campaign wants to teach US how to help THEM win.

Spirit of '76
09-13-2007, 07:36 AM

She is an official regional coordinator for the Ron Paul 2008 PCC. I'm not aware that she's running for any office.

Both, if the other folks are good people with the right message (http://www.joinsanders.com). This need not be an either/or proposition, and Ron Paul will need all the allies in government he can get.

Dustancostine
09-13-2007, 07:37 AM
No the controversy comes from her requiring people to sign no disclosuer agreements. With out that there probably wouldn't have been a problem. I can gaurantee that I will not go to one of her meeting under those kind of conditions. I would not go to a campaign meeting headed by Ron Paul under those kind of conditions.

LibertyEagle
09-13-2007, 07:39 AM
Anita Andrews is listed on the Campaign website: http://www.ronpaul2008.com/contact/

We have hashed and rehashed this subject. Someone from the campaign has come over here a couple of times to attempt to put our minds at ease. Search for Don Rasmussen.

She is doing what the campaign asked her to do.

pcosmar
09-13-2007, 07:45 AM
Ok. That would explain things.
I was afraid it was another attempt at self promotion. I am in favor of any help to promote Ron Paul and his ideals.
I am in a very rural, low population density area. Sort of the edge of the world. I welcome any help. I understand the focus on high population areas, thats where most of the votes are.
If she is a asset, help her to help us.

Sematary
09-13-2007, 07:47 AM
No the controversy comes from her requiring people to sign no disclosuer agreements. With out that there probably wouldn't have been a problem. I can gaurantee that I will not go to one of her meeting under those kind of conditions. I would not go to a campaign meeting headed by Ron Paul under those kind of conditions.

Let me use an analogy. You are the head coach of a football team. You have a playbook and signals to get those plays to your players. You DON'T want the other team to get your signals, or your plays. If they do - you lose.
THAT is the reason for the non-disclosure. It makes complete sense. You don't want the "other team" getting your plays.

constituent
09-13-2007, 07:47 AM
is there anyway to avoid this altogether... say perhaps we entertain her notion of intellectual property and just pool our money and purchase the program from her?

has anyone considered this... are there any bargains being cooked up?

constituent
09-13-2007, 07:48 AM
this whole playbook has become yet another 'sword of damocles'

this theme seems to never stop in this campaign.

-just sayin.

Sematary
09-13-2007, 07:50 AM
is there anyway to avoid this altogether... say perhaps we entertain her notion of intellectual property and just pool our money and purchase the program from her?

has anyone considered this... are there any bargains being cooked up?

I've suggested (through Debbie Hopper) that perhaps she could create a generic youtube video detailing things we need to do that ANY campaign would do. This way, her tactics which she doesn't want disclosed could remain private and the stuff that any campaign would do anyway could be disseminated more quickly and efficiently.

constituent
09-13-2007, 07:50 AM
LibertyEagle... we do understand that, but the OP has brought up a specific issue...

probably should have done it in hot topics, but let's cut the battle short and try to calmly rationalize our way out of this until a peace loving moderator comes along this morning and shuffles our feet.

Dustancostine
09-13-2007, 08:10 AM
Let me use an analogy. You are the head coach of a football team. You have a playbook and signals to get those plays to your players. You DON'T want the other team to get your signals, or your plays. If they do - you lose.
THAT is the reason for the non-disclosure. It makes complete sense. You don't want the "other team" getting your plays.

I am sorry Sem, but that analogy does not work. Ron Paul is paying her. It is no longer her property but his. Ron Paul is not paying us. We are not working for anyone. In your analogy the owner owns the team, the coach, the players and the playbook.

Here is the main problem. If you sign a nondiscloser agreement it will open you up to all kinds of liability. The point of such an agreement is to derive a benefit from information but not to compromise the person giving it to you. We are recieving no benifit (the campaign is) and we are protecting Andrews, but putting our neck on the line in the form of liability. This is not a smart idea to me. (If you want to assume that liability for the information, then that is fine).

How can I as a meetup leader implement anything that she says if I can't tell my meetup members about it?

How can people who can't go get the information?

What if we are already doing or have thought of what she is telling us? Can we now not do those things or talk about them?

What if next year after this campaign cycle is all over and I want to help someone else run for political office? Can I not help them because I have signed some stupid agreement?

I highly doubt anything that she says will be beyond what most political strategist already know. So how is what she has to offer so special? Why would another campaign want to steal what they already know?

This agreement is a HUGE problem in my opininon. I will not ever sign one under these conditions.

--Dustan

BTW I have signed nondiscloseur agreements before when they were merited. For instance I worked as an Extra on a Tarantino movie and we had in our possesion parts of the script. In that instance I signed the agreement.

davidhperry
09-13-2007, 08:23 AM
I suggest we focus our energies on getting Ron Paul elected. As someone who signs non disclosure agreements on a daily basis, I can say that they serve a valuable purpose and are quite necessary.

If given the choice, you can certainly opt out of signing an NDA if you want to but I think everyone will agree that the campaign know much more about running campaigns than we do.

I've heard Anita speak and I think that what she has to say it so important that it could mean that we win if we do what she advises. I also agree that the NDA is necessary since I wouldn't want the info she shared with us in the hands of another campaign.

An NDA is all about protecting "trade secrets" and that's it.

mdh
09-13-2007, 09:25 AM
I'm going to this thing tonight, so I'll see if she makes those sorts of claims. If she does, I'll get further information to back it up and permission to quell the rumors on here.

njjack
09-13-2007, 09:41 AM
I'm going to this thing tonight, so I'll see if she makes those sorts of claims. If she does, I'll get further information to back it up and permission to quell the rumors on here.

mdh, just make sure to wear a powerful amulet of protection. This anita person seems to have people hypnotized using some document they call a nda. Please if you can help it do not fall to the dark side, your our only hope.

:D

mdh
09-13-2007, 09:48 AM
mdh, just make sure to wear a powerful amulet of protection. This anita person seems to have people hypnotized using some document they call a nda. Please if you can help it do not fall to the dark side, your our only hope.

Well, I won't violate an NDA if I sign it, but I will certainly push her for permission to clear up any misunderstandings we have here, and I will certainly be more candid with everyone than others who have attended seem to be. :( I am adept at asking the tough questions.

tmg19103
09-13-2007, 09:49 AM
Since the campaign backs Andrews I'm keeping an open mind. If anybody is uncomfortable with the non-disclosure, then don't go to her training.

However, I have no problem signing a non-disclosure to learn info that can help get RP elected. Will I take her word as gospel? No, but I will keep a very open mind and listen to what she has to say.

The key for Ron Paul right now is name recognition and for the grassroots to provide more of a mainstream America message. I know that flies in the face of many of our convictions, but do we want to get RP elected or not?

Nobody is saying you have to take her advice or sign her non-dislosure. You certainly don't have to, but since she has to the full backing of the camapign I'm not going to knock her and I am going to keep a very open mind with her suggestions.

The key is to get RP elected, and if some her ideas don't jibe with mine, but IF they will get RP more votes if I implement them in my grassroots efforts, then I am going to do so.

I see this as by no means as a sell out because I think RP is the last chance we have on having any form of government reform, and since RP backs her I will listen with a very open mind and I while I might not agree with everything she has to say, I am willing to do whatever it takes to get RP elected.

If some feel that she is not beneficial, that is fine. Do your own thing, but please don't tell others what to do. That is one of the big points of RP's campaign - personal responsibility and having the freedom to do what you want.

I'm keeping an open mind about Andrews, but that is me. If you are suspicious of her methods, that's fine. However, we should all keep an open mind and not pigeon hole her, or as RP says, close down the big tent.

My goal is to get RP elected and I'm putting my ego aside.

angelatc
09-13-2007, 09:51 AM

Then you're acting like a 12 year old, and you're punishing nobody but yourself.

There's official campaign stuff in the packet that hasn't been released yet. She'd be retarded if she didn't insist on keeping it quashed until the right time.

Get over yourself.

specsaregood
09-13-2007, 09:51 AM
//

njjack
09-13-2007, 10:10 AM
NJJACK, Why don't you go to her meeting in philly on Sunday?

I must say, I am intrigued by this mystery around her.

I'll be sitting in on the meeting this weekend, I'm very interested to find out if she has any info that can help grassroots efforts. I was half joking with my post, ala star wars princess lea :)

Matt Collins
09-13-2007, 10:12 AM
She said she had 3 kids, and has been doing this for 30 years. She also wasn't wearing a wedding ring. So it is possible the reason we can't find any information on her is because she is either going under a pseudonym, or more likely, she is going by her maiden/married name etc..

mdh
09-13-2007, 10:14 AM
She said she had 3 kids, and has been doing this for 30 years. She also wasn't wearing a wedding ring. So it is possible the reason we can't find any information on her is because she is either going under a pseudonym, or more likely, she is going by her maiden/married name etc..

Interesting point, and a very possible one.

CMoore
09-13-2007, 10:22 AM
I attended her presentation and found it very interesting. Do not be put off by the NDA, however. I read every word of if and had no problem signing it. I believe the main reason she has the NDA is this: She has quite a bit of material and it is very useful and informative material. I learned a lot. She has a process for getting a candidate elected and it sounds pretty good to me. She does not want people just simply copying and distributing her stuff wholesale. She has a copywrite notice on her stuff. However in order to enforce her copywrite and prevent people from ripping her off, she has to take some steps to protect her intellectual property rights in her stuff. That way if someone rips her off and she wants to take them to court to enforce these rights, she can show she has taken some steps to protect her rights. Hence the NDA. It would be pointless for her to just sue people who have never tried to rip her off. Your defense would be, "I did not do it" and the burden would be on her to show that you had.

BTW, I believe she is right. I realize that we can't depend on "True Believers" to put Ron Paul in the White House. We are going to have to appeal to the masses who care more about American Idol than they do politics.

catwoman
09-13-2007, 10:35 AM
This thread has gotten waaay off track. The OP simply wanted to know if anyone had information as to a specific campaign Ms. Andrews stated that she worked on. The OP further said if anyone could find that information he would donate $250 to the RP campaign. His post did mention the NDA at all.

libertarian4321
09-13-2007, 06:04 PM

Oh come on, whats with the "cloak and dagger" stuff? She's a campaign consultant, she's not infiltrating the KGB.

Why can't she openly discuss her (alleged) experience? She has "30 years of experience, a 92% win rate, and the great $30million vs. $300k upset" and she can't give you ANY information about any of this (alleged) experience?

Don't give me the "because she did it for another party" crap- thats BS- political consultants switch teams all the time, and they aren't shy about crowing about their victories. This woman won't even tell anyone ANYTHING she's done "in 30 years"?

It smells BAD, folks.

To me it sounds like she's a BS artist who really DOES NOT HAVE MUCH EXPERIENCE (or hasn't been very successful) and doesn't want us to know that she doesn't really know what she's doing.

You know what, I don't have a problem with working with someone who doesn't have the experience of a James Carville or Dick Morris- this campaign can't afford those kind of folks.

What I do have a problem with is DISHONESTY and unnecessary "secrets".

One of the reasons I support Ron Paul is because he isn't full of crap like the rest- I expect the same kind of openness and honesty from the people he hires.

I suspect I'm not the only one who feels this way.

If this woman is the super-experienced giant killer she claims to be, GIVE US SOMETHING TO PROVE IT, not just "believe me because I say its so"- I don't fall for that crap from used car salesmen, late-night "get rich" gurus, or the President of the United States, why should I believe it from some staffer?

M.Bellmore
09-13-2007, 06:17 PM
You mean all those homes I bought for $1 aren't any good? :eek:

Cowlesy
09-13-2007, 06:18 PM
I'm pumped for Anita. She seems like she is working her ass off for all of us. She is WVA today, NYC Saturday all day and then getting down to Philadelphia on Sunday.

She's all over the map and trying to help us, she sounds like a great dedicated consultant and judging by what a lot of folks have said about her presentation, it's going to be of great value to our team!

american.swan
09-13-2007, 06:19 PM
I am sorry Sem, but that analogy does not work. Ron Paul is paying her. It is no longer her property but his. Ron Paul is not paying us. We are not working for anyone. In your analogy the owner owns the team, the coach, the players and the playbook.

Here is the main problem. If you sign a nondiscloser agreement it will open you up to all kinds of liability. The point of such an agreement is to derive a benefit from information but not to compromise the person giving it to you. We are recieving no benifit (the campaign is) and we are protecting Andrews, but putting our neck on the line in the form of liability. This is not a smart idea to me. (If you want to assume that liability for the information, then that is fine).

How can I as a meetup leader implement anything that she says if I can't tell my meetup members about it?

How can people who can't go get the information?

What if we are already doing or have thought of what she is telling us? Can we now not do those things or talk about them?

What if next year after this campaign cycle is all over and I want to help someone else run for political office? Can I not help them because I have signed some stupid agreement?

I highly doubt anything that she says will be beyond what most political strategist already know. So how is what she has to offer so special? Why would another campaign want to steal what they already know?

This agreement is a HUGE problem in my opininon. I will not ever sign one under these conditions.

--Dustan

BTW I have signed nondiscloseur agreements before when they were merited. For instance I worked as an Extra on a Tarantino movie and we had in our possesion parts of the script. In that instance I signed the agreement.

Good Post

OURPLAN
09-13-2007, 06:47 PM
Please respect A, and do not discuss her anymore.
Loose lips, sink ships.
Just work on supporting Ron Paul!

Go Ron Paul!

Nefertiti
09-13-2007, 07:21 PM

For God's sake, I don't wear my wedding ring most of the time! That's because I developed an allergy to the nickel content in the gold and I break out in a rash if I wear it over an extended period of time.

My husband doesn't wear his because when he wears silver it turns black in a week-some sort of chemical reaction.

You people sound like the idiot consular officer at the American Embassy in Cairo when we went for my husband's immigrant visa application. She was obsessed with the ring issue when we had already been married for nearly 5 years! As if rings would prove our marriage was real when there were plenty more substantial questions she could have asked.

Matt Collins
09-13-2007, 08:04 PM
For God's sake, I don't wear my wedding ring most of the time! That's because I developed an allergy to the nickel content in the gold and I break out in a rash if I wear it over an extended period of time.

My husband doesn't wear his because when he wears silver it turns black in a week-some sort of chemical reaction.

You people sound like the idiot consular officer at the American Embassy in Cairo when we went for my husband's immigrant visa application. She was obsessed with the ring issue when we had already been married for nearly 5 years! As if rings would prove our marriage was real when there were plenty more substantial questions she could have asked.

It was just a guess... geeze... lay off. I was simply speculating as to why we couldn't find anything after Googling for "Anita Andrews". The only thing I can think of is that perhaps she is divorced or widowed because she wasn't wearing a wedding ring. That would make perfect sense. It's not proof, but it wouldfit with the facts.

McDermit
09-13-2007, 08:49 PM
Missouri's Ammendment 2 Campaign might fit the bill?

Nefertiti
09-13-2007, 08:51 PM
You won't find everyone's name on the internet, especially if they are older. Try Googling some high school classmates, even the males, and you may find nothing on them.

Nefertiti
09-13-2007, 08:53 PM
It was just a guess... geeze... lay off.

Guess about what? What difference does it make whether she is married or has kids? How does it impact her doing her job? Why is it your business to know? I thought everyone here supported the idea of preserving people's privacy but you now are complaining you can't find enough private information about someone who works for Ron Paul and suggest that is a reason to be suspicious of her?

Slugg
09-13-2007, 08:55 PM
BTW, I believe she is right. I realize that we can't depend on "True Believers" to put Ron Paul in the White House. We are going to have to appeal to the masses who care more about American Idol than they do politics.

Yup. I've spoken with no less than three adults (one works in a bank with an associates degree) who had no idea that our country was in debt. No clue. Sad, but those are the votes we need.

murph
09-13-2007, 09:01 PM
I really find these threads about Anita Andrews to be amazing. It seems that among those who have actually met her and received the benefit of her experience and training, including me, the vast majority of the feedback has been positive.

.... But wait! She asks people to sign an NDA! How dare she! Didn't the campaign know that signing NDA's is #38 on my list of things I will never do?! Oh No! So many positive comments! These people must have been hypnotized! and ... and ... and ... I heard someone say somewhere that she claimed to have .... OMG!

Jesus people, don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Yes, the campaign is paying for her services, but you are getting the benefit of some excellent information, training and ideas for FREE. And guess what, you are free to make use of as much or as little of it as you wish.

Nash
09-13-2007, 09:08 PM

Did it ever occur to you that when negotiations were made between her and Ron Paul this was a method the RP campaign used to save some money? Perhaps she's doing this for less money with the provision that her materials that she has created weren't pirated.

While I am not a fan of "intellectual property" and NDA's I still can see her POV on the matter.

Everything I've read regarding feedback about her ideas has been positive. It sounds like she knows what she is doing and it sounds like she is a benefit to the campaign.

Matt Collins
09-13-2007, 09:09 PM
Guess about what? What difference does it make whether she is married or has kids? How does it impact her doing her job? Why is it your business to know? I thought everyone here supported the idea of preserving people's privacy but you now are complaining you can't find enough private information about someone who works for Ron Paul and suggest that is a reason to be suspicious of her?Did you ever read my posts?

I was only offering a possible explanation as to why no one could find any information about her on the Net.

Dustancostine
09-13-2007, 09:16 PM
Then you're acting like a 12 year old, and you're punishing nobody but yourself.

There's official campaign stuff in the packet that hasn't been released yet. She'd be retarded if she didn't insist on keeping it quashed until the right time.

Get over yourself.

I am not punishing anyone not even my self. I am protecting myself from liability. It is stupid in my opinion to sign such an agreement in a volunteer circumstance (if I was being paid by RP that is a different animal).

I am in no way suggesting others to do the same. It is their choice if they want to do so or not.

If she has copywritten her material then that should be enough.

That is my 2 cents, I am not acting like a 12 year old, I am weighing the cost/liabilites of signing such a document and everyone else should as well and see if that is something they want to do.

Sorry if I am not a lemming.

--Dustan

OURPLAN
09-13-2007, 09:17 PM
Amen Murph! What a grand opportunity it is, to be a part of RP's crusade! Bring on the unregistered and the undecided.
To deliver Ron Paul's message is history in the making, and probably one of the
greatest experiences of my life.

So, let's all be lovely, work hard, & have fun!!!

McDermit
09-13-2007, 09:19 PM
You won't find everyone's name on the internet, especially if they are older. Try Googling some high school classmates, even the males, and you may find nothing on them.

My dad ran for state senate back in the 80's. His campaign consultant, though retired in '89, is still mentioned on more than 100 websites.

Someone of Anita's calibre should certainly be expected to be mentioned somewhere.

Dustancostine
09-13-2007, 09:19 PM
Did it ever occur to you that when negotiations were made between her and Ron Paul this was a method the RP campaign used to save some money? Perhaps she's doing this for less money with the provision that her materials that she has created weren't pirated.

While I am not a fan of "intellectual property" and NDA's I still can see her POV on the matter.

Everything I've read regarding feedback about her ideas has been positive. It sounds like she knows what she is doing and it sounds like she is a benefit to the campaign.

If she wants a NDA that is her business. I have no problem with her wanting it. I have a problem signing it to recieve whatever information she wants to give.

I am sure she is a good person, I am not casting any doubt on her abilities.

--Dustan

Matt Collins
09-13-2007, 09:28 PM
Someone of Anita's calibre should certainly be expected to be mentioned somewhere.Which is why I think she is using a different name due to divorce (or other circumstances).

OURPLAN
09-13-2007, 09:35 PM
Let's put a fork in the name game, and call it Well-Done.

RonPaul2008

McDermit
09-13-2007, 09:45 PM
I love how people are so quick to squash legitimate questions without providing answers. There's nothing wrong with curiosity. There are no claims doubting her allegiance to the campaign here, just people wondering what campaigns she's worked on. If someone tells me that they worked on such a hugely successful campaign, I want to know more.

Spirit of '76
09-13-2007, 10:08 PM
Anita just left here.

She is legit. She's in it to win it. She has great ideas. If she comes to an area near you, go and meet her. If you can't go, find someone who has and discuss the strategy with them face to face.

As to the campaign in question here, we asked. She says that the reason you can't find a candidate campaign with the figures she quoted is because it wasn't a candidate campaign, and that few candidate campaigns ever even reach that kind of money. It was an issues campaign, but that was all she would say.

The rest of the presentation was so good that we didn't press any further on that question.

Mr. White
09-13-2007, 10:10 PM
translation, it was counter to one of rp's ideals. but thats okay.

McDermit
09-13-2007, 10:17 PM
Someone mentioned elsewhere that it was a state constitutional amendment campaign..

Spirit of '76
09-13-2007, 10:25 PM
translation, it was counter to one of rp's ideals. but thats okay.

That's a huge leap of logic on your part, but that's ok.

dircha
09-13-2007, 10:29 PM

Reports are that she also claims to have worked for a campaign where the headquarters were blown up.

I can't believe that supposedly rational people can so easily look past these obviously false or at best extremely dubious claims.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

It doesn't matter how reasonable or appealing her guidance or strategy seems. These are clearly false claims. This is is very possibly a scam artist peddling armchair campaign strategy, which, while no doubt impressive sounding to the inexperienced ear, is a scam to swindle money, if only a salary for now, from the national campaign.

And yet we have people on these very forums trying to shut down discussion of what are obviously false claims made by this woman.

To anyone who has attended one of these sessions, be aware that even if you have signed a NDA, she can not prevent you from passing along biographical information that is public knowledge or a matter of public record.

If she has made any additional biographical claims of these sort, please share them so that we can assist in verifying their authenticity.

Matt Collins
09-13-2007, 10:47 PM
As to the campaign in question here, we asked. She says that the reason you can't find a candidate campaign with the figures she quoted is because it wasn't a candidate campaign, and that few candidate campaigns ever even reach that kind of money. It was an issues campaign, but that was all she would say.I think it was an abortion issue campaign according to some of the things she said, but I can't be sure. And if that is the case, then it would be wise for her not to disclose that simply because it would alienate many people. On the other hand, being mysterious and secretive tends to alienate people too... :rolleyes:

Regardless, her past doesn't invalidate her strategy.

austin356
09-13-2007, 10:48 PM

lack of irrationality here?????

If I were her I would have people sign NDA's; Why legally allow someone to take what they learned from her and use it to help Romney?

I mean my God; We had anarchists at our meeting and they had no trouble signing such. It even being an issue is just childish and pathetic.

Unless you are a plant or go out and make thousands of copies of her binders and sell it to others do you really think she is coming after you?

Who are you planning on disclosing this material to anyways?

Matt Collins
09-13-2007, 10:48 PM
If she has made any additional biographical claims of these sort, please share them so that we can assist in verifying their authenticity.She did say that her computer was once destroyed by sniper fire.

austin356
09-13-2007, 10:50 PM
Reports are that she also claims to have worked for a campaign where the headquarters were blown up.

I can't believe that supposedly rational people can so easily look past these obviously false or at best extremely dubious claims.

It doesn't matter how reasonable or appealing her guidance or strategy seems. These are clearly false claims. This is is very possibly a scam artist peddling armchair campaign strategy, which, while no doubt impressive sounding to the inexperienced ear, is a scam to swindle money, if only a salary for now, from the national campaign.

And yet we have people on these very forums trying to shut down discussion of what are obviously false claims made by this woman.

To anyone who has attended one of these sessions, be aware that even if you have signed a NDA, she can not prevent you from passing along biographical information that is public knowledge or a matter of public record.

If she has made any additional biographical claims of these sort, please share them so that we can assist in verifying their authenticity.

seems you know more than Dr. Paul. Why don't you run for President? And be your own campaign manager at the same time.

I am quite tired of people who have not been to any of her seminars talking trash about the Regional Coordinator; This from people who are just basing thing off rumor and word of mouth.

Slugg
09-13-2007, 10:53 PM
I have mad respect for SPirit of '76, so I thought a repost was called for.

Anita just left here.

She is legit. She's in it to win it. She has great ideas. If she comes to an area near you, go and meet her. If you can't go, find someone who has and discuss the strategy with them face to face.

As to the campaign in question here, we asked. She says that the reason you can't find a candidate campaign with the figures she quoted is because it wasn't a candidate campaign, and that few candidate campaigns ever even reach that kind of money. It was an issues campaign, but that was all she would say.

The rest of the presentation was so good that we didn't press any further on that question.

Slugg
09-13-2007, 10:53 PM
She did say that her computer was once destroyed by sniper fire.

I told her to keep it away from the Grassy Knoll.

OR

The magic bullet also hit her in the head. It took 30,000 registered voters to clap before she came back to life.

Spirit of '76
09-13-2007, 10:55 PM
I don't know where she comes from or if any of these stories are true.

I do know that I am willing to work with her because she presented a strategy that makes sense to me.

Spirit of '76
09-13-2007, 10:56 PM
I have mad respect for SPirit of '76, so I thought a repost was called for.

Aw, shucks. :o

Matt Collins
09-13-2007, 11:54 PM

I do know that I am willing to work with her because she presented a strategy that makes sense to me.Exactly.

Her past does not necessarily invalidate her strategy.

mdh
09-14-2007, 12:03 AM

I do know that I am willing to work with her because she presented a strategy that makes sense to me.

Yeah, for real - who cares if the stories are true if they help illustrate a point that we needed to get. :p

I hope the OP of this thread will followup as promised and make that contribution now that we've laid this to rest!

libertarian4321
09-14-2007, 03:27 AM
Exactly.

Her past does not necessarily invalidate her strategy.

Sorry, but I don't respect con artists, even if they do have a few good ideas.

I simply don't trust shady or dishonest people, especially when there is no good reason to be dishonest.

But hey, millions of people are sucked in by the late night "get rich" con artists, because they too seem to have a "great strategy" to those who don't know better.

Again, if you are good, why do you need to make up stories, or be afraid to discuss at least SOME of your qualifications?

The woman sounds like a con artist, or, at least, an insecure liar trying to pump up her qualifications.

I'm not sure either of these is the kind of person that should be guiding the campaign.

Hey, if she comes here, I'll ask- and I'm not going to be assuaged by some BS "its a secret" type answer...

libertarian4321
09-14-2007, 03:31 AM
Yeah, for real - who cares if the stories are true if they help illustrate a point that we needed to get. :p

I hope the OP of this thread will followup as promised and make that contribution now that we've laid this to rest!

Umm, no. In fact, I've heard nothing that convinces me this woman has ANY qualifications other than telling stories.

Hell, I'll even broaden my original pledge. If anyone can get her to tell us what "issue campaign" she won a big "upset" on with $300k versus $30 MILLION, I'll still donate.

Whoever goes to her next seminar, PUSH her on this, don't just shrink like frightened child as soon as she tosses out some line of BS...

libertarian4321
09-14-2007, 03:47 AM
seems you know more than Dr. Paul. Why don't you run for President? And be your own campaign manager at the same time.

I am quite tired of people who have not been to any of her seminars talking trash about the Regional Coordinator; This from people who are just basing thing off rumor and word of mouth.

If she's not full of it, she could quell the talk by simply telling us what the campaign was where the headquarters got blown up, where she was hit by sniper fire, or answer the "30 million" question.

She's a political consultant, many of them play both sides depending on who is paying them, so this "well, she's afraid of alienating people" thing is TOTAL BULL CRAP- hell, if she gets hired by more than one side, thats a sign that she's GOOD at what she does. She's not the candidate, she's a hired gun! If she's a good hired gun, why is she afraid to mention anything about her past. Also, I'm still wondering why MY NAME turns up more hits on Google than hers does, and I'm not "famous".

FYI, James Carville's name turns up more than 1,000 times as many hits as Anita Andrews- and the ONLY politically related hits for "anita andrews" are hits from recent weeks from Ron Paul meetups.

A hired political gun who has a bunch of wild stories, is completely unknown to anyone and doesn't even register on any internet search, won't discuss her qualifications or her past except in the vaguest terms, and afraid of generating any controversy?

Gee, why am I skeptical?

Does this sound like any "hot shot" hired gun you've ever heard of before?

The fact that she's got some ideas that might sound good isn't a legitimate reason to dismiss skepticism- a lot of you folks have some good ideas, too, but I don't think you will be running the campaign anytime soon...

I'd LOVE TO BE PROVEN WRONG, but I doubt that it will happen.

libertarian4321
09-14-2007, 03:56 AM
Did it ever occur to you that when negotiations were made between her and Ron Paul this was a method the RP campaign used to save some money?

I think you've probably inadvertently hit the nail on the head.

She is probably nowhere near as "good" or experienced as she claims. She is probably a nobody that works CHEAP, and is using a healthy dose of BS to pump herself up.

And I don't have a problem with having a third tier consultant working for the campaign. The campaign really doesn't have the kind of money that would be needed to hire a real top of the line consultant in any capacity, let alone as volunteer coordinator. I do have a big problem with dishonesty, though.

I'd rather work with an inexperienced HONEST person with good ideas than an inexperienced BS artist with good ideas.

But thats just me, maybe I'm crazy, but I think ethics are important.

Again, I'd love to be proven wrong...

Richandler
09-14-2007, 04:11 AM
Campaign is only as good as the foot soldiers. Looking at this topic I would think that Ron Paul should have dropped already from all the negative attitude.

Support the campaign. That is all that is asked. No more back talking and go hand out slim jims.

Nefertiti
09-14-2007, 04:23 AM

"Reports are..." They do sound dubious. But since you didn't hear them from Anita herself obviously, how do you know she actually said this herself? Who is making these reports? Did you ever consider that all these stories could have been concocted by a mole from another campaign pretending to have heard her say these things? It just takes one liar to start a rumor about someone and to believe stuff without hearing it from the horse's mouth is irrational and harmful to the campaign. If you don't trust Ron Paul's judgment in hiring her then why do you trust his judgment to be our president and choose a cabinet? I really do not see how you can be a Ron Paul supporter and believe these things about her.

Nefertiti
09-14-2007, 04:27 AM
If she wants a NDA that is her business. I have no problem with her wanting it. I have a problem signing it to recieve whatever information she wants to give.

Did you ever stop to consider that it may not have been her decision to have people sign a NDA? Maybe it was someone else in the campaign or RP himself?

orenbus
09-14-2007, 04:30 AM
morbid curiousity, what does Anita look like?

agisthos
09-14-2007, 06:01 AM
People like libertarian4321 have no idea what they are talking about and are destructive to Ron Paul's effort to win the nomination. They have embarked on a deliberate smear campaign against Anita Andrews for god knows what reasons (personality disorder imo)

Well hear is something to think about -

Why would you ever consider voting for Ron Paul to run this country, when you can not even trust Ron Paul to hire someone to teach election winning strategies?

Dustancostine
09-14-2007, 07:16 AM
Did you ever stop to consider that it may not have been her decision to have people sign a NDA? Maybe it was someone else in the campaign or RP himself?

Still doesn't make a difference. I still would not sign it to attend such a meeting. I will not open myself up to that liability.

Nefertiti
09-14-2007, 07:19 AM
You are free not to attend. It makes me think of the time my father had to have a brain scan because he was having headaches. They wanted him to sign a waiver saying that he would absolve them of any responsibility if the dye they used harmed him, and he refused. They told him it would cost them $1000 to run the test and without the dye they might not get good results. He still refused, and so they had to go ahead and do it without the dye.

Dustancostine
09-14-2007, 07:22 AM
Your right. And that is all that I am saying, is that I would not attend under those conditions. That it is my personal choice. That everyone else should make their own decisions based on their own circumstances. I am sure this Anita person is wonderful and her information good. I am just not going to sign a NDA.

Spirit of '76
09-14-2007, 08:20 AM
Look, what the NDA specifically says is as that you agree that you are supporting Ron Paul to the exclusion of all other presidential candidates, that the information presented constitutes "trade secrets" belonging to the campaign, that you won't use those trade secrets for any other campaign or publish them in another format, and that you won't use/give them away for the benefit of other campaigns in the future.

I would hope that all Ron Paul supporters would be willing to agree to that much, at least.

Dustancostine
09-14-2007, 08:23 AM
Spirit,

Can you upload a PDF of the NDA. That might change my mind if I actually could read it.

--Dustan

constituent
09-14-2007, 08:29 AM
People like libertarian4321 have no idea what they are talking about and are destructive to Ron Paul's effort to win the nomination. They have embarked on a deliberate smear campaign against Anita Andrews for god knows what reasons (personality disorder imo)

don't come here to talk sh*. There is no way that you fling accusations like that w/out realizing that you've turned around and done the very same thing you criticise them for. You murdered Agemmemnon and now you come here to sully our streams and cause anger and frustration amongst the ranks...

be gone with you. their sins do not forgive your own.

Zydeco
09-14-2007, 08:33 AM
I don't know why the campaign would want to go top-down now when bottum-up is working so well and uniquely. Who is this person to tell us we can't have RON PAUL REVOLUTION signs? If people like 'em, they should make 'em. I don't care if a handler doesn't like them, she's just one opinion.

constituent
09-14-2007, 08:34 AM
I don't know why the campaign would want to go top-down now when bottum-up is working so well and uniquely. Who is this person to tell us we can't have RON PAUL REVOLUTION signs? If people like 'em, they should make 'em. I don't care if a handler doesn't like them, she's just one opinion.

Great! go do it! but let's not stir these coals anymore = (

OURPLAN
09-14-2007, 08:40 AM
You guys are acting silly.
Have some faith, and leave
the paranoia behind.
Enough is enough is enough.

Spirit of '76
09-14-2007, 08:41 AM
Spirit,

Can you upload a PDF of the NDA. That might change my mind if I actually could read it.

--Dustan

I'll check on that.

She didn't tell us specifically that we can't have "revolution" signs; what she explained to us was some things about a very exciting new development that the campaign is implementing and how working within that framework in creating our future advertising is going to have a much, much bigger impact than the "revolution" signs will.

Matt Collins
09-14-2007, 09:32 AM
morbid curiousity, what does Anita look like?She's actually kind of hot I think :D

pyrazole2
09-14-2007, 10:06 AM
She's actually kind of hot I think :D

I'd have to agree. Maybe a poll...Anita Andrews, hot or not?

Jojo
09-14-2007, 10:32 AM
Grassroots has worked wonders for the Paul campaign so far. Without any direction whatsoever from headquarters.
I'm curious as to why the campaign suddenly finds it necessary to educate us on how to be more effective. I'd say we're effective as hell!!!
I don't know anything about Anita, but I don't like the idea of grassroots now getting streered in a more 'organized' direction by the campaign. I think that the spontaneity of Paul's grassroots support is the secret of his succes so far.

Question to anyone who has attended one of Anita's meetings: Do you feel you are now able to campaign better and be more effective than before? Did you learn anything we haven't come up with on this forum here?

constituent
09-14-2007, 10:52 AM
^read the post by mdh.

mdh
09-14-2007, 10:59 AM
What we are getting is some *good* and *positive* direction from HQ. It's not *forced* or *imposed* direction though, just suggestions that you can feel free to take or leave. Personally, I appreciate it wholeheartedy! In fact, and you guys know I can be a very skeptical individualist, I am actually going to take the majority of them. Go see the presentation, and you may be surprised how many of the ideas you like, too!

I have to admit, too - I was surprised that I took away as much from this as I did. I went into it somewhat pessimistic about whether I was going to pick up anything of real value, and very pleasantly surprised that I did.

One important thing to understand is that everyone has different talents. If your talents are sign-wavings and talking to people, you might learn some tips on how to do this stuff more effectively! :)

Just do it... - you're only doing yourself a disservice if you don't.

mdh
09-14-2007, 11:00 AM
Umm, no. In fact, I've heard nothing that convinces me this woman has ANY qualifications other than telling stories.

Hell, I'll even broaden my original pledge. If anyone can get her to tell us what "issue campaign" she won a big "upset" on with $300k versus $30 MILLION, I'll still donate.

Whoever goes to her next seminar, PUSH her on this, don't just shrink like frightened child as soon as she tosses out some line of BS...

Why don't you guys do the research on issues campaigns that were similar - you did it for candidacies and seemed to do a pretty thorough job.

Spirit of '76
09-14-2007, 11:01 AM
Question to anyone who has attended one of Anita's meetings: Do you feel you are now able to campaign better and be more effective than before? Did you learn anything we haven't come up with on this forum here?

Absolutely.

mdh
09-14-2007, 11:01 AM

YES!

ghemminger
09-14-2007, 11:03 AM
Anita Andrews Training YOU Tube'd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU

FINALLY!!! I guess the campaign is stepping it up a notch!!! Whohoo!

Spirit of '76
09-14-2007, 11:04 AM
One important thing to understand is that everyone has different talents. If your talents are sign-wavings and talking to people, you might learn some tips on how to do this stuff more effectively! :)

Exactly. She didn't say not to do those things, but she did give some advice on incorporating them into a broader strategy.

pyrazole2
09-14-2007, 11:05 AM

YES! Too bad about the NDA, but you'll get a chance to attend.

I was going to leave early, after about 2 hours because I had a cold. I stayed all five hours (and she could have kept going), drove home 1.5 hours while sneezing violently and swerving around deer the whole way. Got home at 1:30 am, had to get up for work at 4am.

Was it worth it? YES!

Jojo
09-14-2007, 11:06 AM
What we are getting is some *good* and *positive* direction from HQ. It's not *forced* or *imposed* direction though, just suggestions that you can feel free to take or leave. Personally, I appreciate it wholeheartedy! In fact, and you guys know I can be a very skeptical individualist, I am actually going to take the majority of them. Go see the presentation, and you may be surprised how many of the ideas you like, too!

I have to admit, too - I was surprised that I took away as much from this as I did. I went into it somewhat pessimistic about whether I was going to pick up anything of real value, and very pleasantly surprised that I did.

Just do it... - you're only doing yourself a disservice if you don't.

Thanks, and now I'm even more curious! I guess I'll have to wait until she comes to my town to hear the secret...
So did you ask her the "tough questions" you mentioned? Anything you can share here? Oh the mystery of it all.. :rolleyes:

mdh
09-14-2007, 11:07 AM
24/7 Dennys in Clarksburg ftw lol

mdh
09-14-2007, 11:08 AM
Thanks, and now I'm even more curious! I guess I'll have to wait until she comes to my town to hear the secret...
So did you ask her the "tough questions" you mentioned? Anything you can share here? Oh the mystery of it all.. :rolleyes:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=17951

You can see my synopsis and the responses to the questions, etc there.

Jojo
09-14-2007, 11:12 AM
YES! Too bad about the NDA, but you'll get a chance to attend.

I was going to leave early, after about 2 hours because I had a cold. I stayed all five hours (and she could have kept going), drove home 1.5 hours while sneezing violently and swerving around deer the whole way. Got home at 1:30 am, had to get up for work at 4am.

Was it worth it? YES!

Thank you! Wish I didn't have to wait until she makes it here, and then be within walking or biking distance, or on my bus route, because I don't drive.. In the meantime I guess I'll just keep campaigning in my own way, which has worked just fine :D

Take care of that cold, hope you feel better soon!

Jojo
09-14-2007, 11:14 AM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=17951

You can see my synopsis and the responses to the questions, etc there.

Thanks, I had missed that thread.

pyrazole2
09-14-2007, 11:16 AM
Thank you! Wish I didn't have to wait until she makes it here, and then be within walking or biking distance, or on my bus route, because I don't drive.. In the meantime I guess I'll just keep campaigning in my own way, which has worked just fine :D

Yes, keep doing what you're doing, it is working. Anita's info will help you make it work better.

What city are you near? There's got to be a RP supporter nearby that could give you a ride. What about meetups, is there one around?

ghemminger
09-14-2007, 11:18 AM

Veiw hear for a synopsis and the responses to the questions, Anita's presntation.

Spirit of '76
09-14-2007, 11:29 AM

Veiw hear for a synopsis and the responses to the questions, Anita's presntation.

That was funny for about five minutes three months ago.

Cowlesy
09-14-2007, 11:38 AM
That was funny for about five minutes three months ago.

Yeah..now it is more of a cry for attention.

devil21
09-14-2007, 01:27 PM
That was the first time Ive been Rick Rolled. I kinda like that song tho lol.

libertarian4321
09-15-2007, 07:23 AM

Very intelligent argument.

I questioned the qualifications of this person appears to be a major BS artist. I also said I'd gladly stop and donate extra money to the campaign if I was given evidence to the contrary.

That is not "a deliberate smear campaign."

They'll teach you that when you get to High School...

BTW, its great to have young people like yourself supporting the campaign- get your crayons out and make signs! Post them at your school!