PDA

View Full Version : A Non-Interventionist Attitude Towards Darfur

retrorepublican
09-13-2007, 03:45 AM
Would Ron Paul be against accepting refugees, granted organizations like Genocide Intervention Network and Save Darfur, fund their trips and basic necessities to get started?

Maybe Ron Paul can attract the attention of Democrats (and Republicans) by saying if we solve our illegal immigration problem and secure our borders we can begin taking in refugees from genocidal areas.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-13-2007, 03:58 AM
Would Ron Paul be against accepting refugees, granted organizations like Genocide Intervention Network and Save Darfur, fund their trips and basic necessities to get started?

Maybe Ron Paul can attract the attention of Democrats (and Republicans) by saying if we solve our illegal immigration problem and secure our borders we can begin taking in refugees from genocidal areas.

yup. He said we would be more open with immigration once we fix the country.

Locke_rpr
09-13-2007, 04:26 AM
If you all ever want to get a view of Sudan that you don't see from the mainstream media, you should check out this piece. These guys take cameras in places nobody in the big media ever seems to go.... and their a freaking music magazine. They have some very good shows. Most of their music stuff isn't my taste at all, but they've been to Sudan, Pakistan, Bulgaria, Iraq and a bunch of other places doing non-music stories and I think those are much more interesting than anything I've seen on CNN, FOX, etc.

Here's the link to the start of the Sudan story. It's all about Chinese and Malaysian oil over there for the largest part and that is why we haven't done anything.

Inside Sudan
http://www.vbs.tv/player.php?bctid=595226597

SeanEdwards
09-13-2007, 06:19 AM
Sorry, no. Mexicans have asserted their right to immigrate to the U.S. ahead of every other refugee/immigrant on the planet. The darfurians will have to take up their refugee applications with La Raza and MECHA.

Man from La Mancha
09-13-2007, 06:22 AM
If you all ever want to get a view of Sudan that you don't see from the mainstream media, you should check out this piece. These guys take cameras in places nobody in the big media ever seems to go.... and their a freaking music magazine. They have some very good shows. Most of their music stuff isn't my taste at all, but they've been to Sudan, Pakistan, Bulgaria, Iraq and a bunch of other places doing non-music stories and I think those are much more interesting than anything I've seen on CNN, FOX, etc.

Here's the link to the start of the Sudan story. It's all about Chinese and Malaysian oil over there for the largest part and that is why we haven't done anything.

Inside Sudan
http://www.vbs.tv/player.php?bctid=595226597

Excellent I learned a lot . They are saying the murders of 100,000's are because people are being driving off their lands for oil.

noxagol
09-13-2007, 06:52 AM
I think he would allow them in. These aren't your Mexican type looking for work. These are people looking for a place where they won't be killed. Also, his non-interventionist policy is for the government only, not for the American people, and accepting refugees is not intervening, it is being asked for help.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-13-2007, 12:19 PM
We could intervene, but it wouldn't be Ron Paul's choice:

1. Congress debates it
2. Congress says let's do it and passes some kind of resolution
3. Ron Paul now decides how to accomplish the mission with the military

that's how it's supposed to work.

I'm just not sure what the objective would be lol

wolv275
09-13-2007, 12:25 PM
isn't this what the UN if for? i wonder what they are up to? :rolleyes:

constituent
09-13-2007, 12:28 PM
On Sudan or any of the neighboring countries, I highly recommend seeking out Louis Farrakahn's 2002 NOI address. I don't know if it is out there for free anywher, but I believe you can purchase it at noi.org

JosephTheLibertarian
09-13-2007, 12:29 PM
isn't this what the UN if for? i wonder what they are up to? :rolleyes:

US Congress can also choose to do these things... but not the president

ghemminger
09-13-2007, 12:30 PM
An effective PRIVATE Militia can do 1000's times what our Military can do - just ask Ross Perot

JosephTheLibertarian
09-13-2007, 12:30 PM
An effective PRIVATE for can do 1000's times what our Military can do - just ask Ross Perot

That would be the president's call.

Brasil Branco
09-13-2007, 12:42 PM
An effective PRIVATE Militia can do 1000's times what our Military can do - just ask Ross Perot

Ross Perot hired two individuals to smuggle hostages out during a prison break- It's not really a private militia.

In any case, the United States won't do anything, it never does. All genocides in the past century did not have any US involvement on the grounds of "non-intervention" and "national sovereignty". In fact, the United States has been reluctant to even utter the word. On that issue, I find Ron Paul's stance lacking.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-13-2007, 12:48 PM
Ross Perot hired two individuals to smuggle hostages out during a prison break- It's not really a private militia.

In any case, the United States won't do anything, it never does. All genocides in the past century did not have any US involvement on the grounds of "non-intervention" and "national sovereignty". In fact, the United States has been reluctant to even utter the word. On that issue, I find Ron Paul's stance lacking.

There's nothing Ron Paul can do LOL He needs the support of Congress, so why not slam them or not going for it?