PDA

View Full Version : Witch Hunt For Ron Paul YouTubers Right Now

ghemminger
01-28-2009, 06:41 PM
I'm sure many of you know with the censorship of Avaroth - but there is much more going on - many of the people I know have been shut down and are having videos pulled right now

mmink15
01-28-2009, 07:02 PM
While we try to get these videos replaced while all this copyright nonsense is going on, let's replace them with new and updated videos as fast as we can. Staying on top of the politics top viewed list has many advantages, especially when the current administration is using that medium and urging supporters to stay informed via the internet.

ghemminger
01-28-2009, 07:18 PM
While we try to get these videos replaced while all this copyright nonsense is going on, let's replace them with new and updated videos as fast as we can. Staying on top of the politics top viewed list has many advantages, especially when the current administration is using that medium and urging supporters to stay informed via the internet.

Not sure what's going on exactly but after the Obama Inaug. it's been like a real Witch hunt - just waiting fo them to pull the plug oin my stuff

Jeremy
01-28-2009, 07:18 PM
stop being paranoid guys :rolleyes:

ghemminger
01-28-2009, 07:21 PM
stop being paranoid guys :rolleyes:

Seriously in addition to Censorship

I have seen in the last 2 weeks:

1. Anyone calling out zionists are esp. targeted
2. Mass copying of similar account names
3. posting of personal information
4. cloning accounts and sending xplicit emails to subs
Crazy disinfo type stuff

mmink15
01-28-2009, 07:38 PM
You got any sources on any of those claims, ghemminger? The youtube thing is limited to videos using tunes copyrighted by Warner Music, who didn't renew whatever agreement they had with youtube-nothing too fishy there.

LibertyEagle
01-28-2009, 07:40 PM
You got any sources on any of those claims, ghemminger? The youtube thing is limited to videos using tunes copyrighted by Warner Music, who didn't renew whatever agreement they had with youtube-nothing too fishy there.

Actually, someone linked to an article on Jewish Times or something, that said that the ADL was linking up with YouTube to clean out some of the "hate speech" and anti-semitism, as I recall.

This wasn't very long ago, so if you do a search, you should be able to find it.

So, in addition to copyright infringement, it appears that they're going after other videos for other reasons.

angelatc
01-28-2009, 07:49 PM
Actually, someone linked to an article on Jewish Times or something, that said that the ADL was linking up with YouTube to clean out some of the "hate speech" and anti-semitism, as I recall.

This wasn't very long ago, so if you do a search, you should be able to find it.

So, in addition to copyright infringement, it appears that they're going after other videos for other reasons.

I think Joe Lieberman is involved too.

FrankRep
01-28-2009, 08:04 PM
Don't use copyrighted music. That's it.

Nyte
01-28-2009, 08:08 PM
You got any sources on any of those claims, ghemminger?

An anonymous billionaire perhaps?

mmink15
01-28-2009, 08:09 PM
Don't use copyrighted music. That's it.

To add to that:

If you're looking for music that isn't copyrighted, try jazz music-almost all the standards are public domain and it is one of this country's few truly original art forms.

UtahApocalypse
01-28-2009, 11:06 PM
I love how people go off the deep end without checking FACTS.

Yes, Youtube is removing and silencing videos.
NO, they are not targeting Ron Paul, Liberty, Zionist, or any other type
Yes, this is all because of a loss of an agreement with Warner music.
Yes, Any video with Warner Music will be removed or silenced.

Its happened to bands, guitar hero videos, music videos, DJ clips amoung others. Drop the Paranoia and save for times when they really are out to get up so we dont look more like tinfol hat kooks.

sevin
01-28-2009, 11:11 PM
I love how people go off the deep end without checking FACTS.

Yes, Youtube is removing and silencing videos.
NO, they are not targeting Ron Paul, Liberty, Zionist, or any other type
Yes, this is all because of a loss of an agreement with Warner music.
Yes, Any video with Warner Music will be removed or silenced.

Its happened to bands, guitar hero videos, music videos, DJ clips amoung others. Drop the Paranoia and save for times when they really are out to get up so we dont look more like tinfol hat kooks.

Exactly.

But we should be actively involved in swapping out the audio so people aren't without all the good libertarian vids.

Feelgood
01-28-2009, 11:53 PM
Well, if you wish to continue using youboob when there is ronpaularchives.net to use instead, then you deserve to be censored. I took the time to setup ronpaularchives.net JUST so people can promote their RP vids, without needing to worry about having anything censored. currently there are a total of 9 users that have bothered to sign up since it went online. There are thousands of views of the vids that are there, I think you would do better just to steer clear of youtube and use another service. Another reason I setup ronpaularchives is because there are alot of people that cannot access youtube because it is blocked. Either at work, or in the military etc.

Anti Federalist
01-29-2009, 08:48 AM
You know, you're right.

I pulled a bunch of RP videos before they went down the memory hole.

I just registered and I'll start posting them.

Well, if you wish to continue using youboob when there is ronpaularchives.net to use instead, then you deserve to be censored. I took the time to setup ronpaularchives.net JUST so people can promote their RP vids, without needing to worry about having anything censored. currently there are a total of 9 users that have bothered to sign up since it went online. There are thousands of views of the vids that are there, I think you would do better just to steer clear of youtube and use another service. Another reason I setup ronpaularchives is because there are alot of people that cannot access youtube because it is blocked. Either at work, or in the military etc.

ronpaulhawaii
01-29-2009, 08:56 AM
You know, you're right.

I pulled a bunch of RP videos before they went down the memory hole.

I just registered and I'll start posting them.

:cool:

Patience is a virtue. Hats off to feelgood for keeping it up despite the lack of sign-ups

JohnJay
01-29-2009, 09:39 AM
This is right - I've noticed some youtubes being pulled for copyright reasons after the election
in late 2008 - even before the inauguration.

Youtube could really be having more of an effect as a sort of free advertising and promotion of the
copyrighted song or cable news program - imho
- actually getting more viewers to pay attention to CNN, MSNBC, CSPAN, or even Faux News.

The witchhunt will be on to squash the youtube revolution before 2012 'fer sure.