PDA

View Full Version : Total reset?

satchelmcqueen
01-28-2009, 05:53 PM
alright, we all know this whole bail out thing is not going to work and will only make things worse, so....

what would it hurt or why wouldnt it be a good idea , only because they wont let companies fail that should fail,

why not just have a total reset of debt? a forgiveness of everything for everybody, not just for the rich since thats what the bailout is anyway IMO?

this way, no one owes anything and regular people stop losing everything. just a total restart.

i guess it would also have to come with sound money and not the system we have now in order for it to work anyway.

FrankRep
01-28-2009, 05:56 PM
alright, we all know this whole bail out thing is not going to work and will only make things worse, so....

what would it hurt or why wouldnt it be a good idea , only because they wont let companies fail that should fail,

why not just have a total reset of debt? a forgiveness of everything for everybody, not just for the rich since thats what the bailout is anyway IMO?

this way, no one owes anything and regular people stop losing everything. just a total restart.

i guess it would also have to come with sound money and not the system we have now in order for it to work anyway.

China and the Federal Reserve would hate that.

College loan forgiveness may have a chance though.

Bruno
01-28-2009, 05:57 PM
Since most of our money exists through the creation of debt, we wouldn't be left with much

idiom
01-28-2009, 10:12 PM

In a total reset everyone loses everything.

FrankRep
01-28-2009, 10:13 PM

If only life were a video game. :rolleyes:

jsu718
01-29-2009, 11:54 AM
Do you mean a fire sale?

Chester Copperpot
01-29-2009, 12:33 PM
I think the Constitution needs a RE-BOOT!

TonySutton
01-29-2009, 12:36 PM
I think many of our politicians could you a boot, not a reboot, rather a boot to the a$$

SnappleLlama
01-29-2009, 12:45 PM
Do you mean a fire sale?

IT'S A FIRE......sale!

Amaaaaaazing Graaaaace....

jkr
01-29-2009, 12:46 PM
revisit the law of this land and zero the debt.

The Dan
01-29-2009, 01:13 PM

So those who can't afford the Mercedes and the quarter million dollar house get to keep them and guys like me, who've been financially responsible his whole life, not once ever being in debt, get to struggle on?

If it would fix the problems permanently, I wouldn't complain.

satchelmcqueen
01-29-2009, 09:44 PM

thats not what i mean. i mean along the lines of the debt you owe is wiped clean and you keep your stuff too.

long shot and a dream, but...just like the bailout, except for the people and no printing of new money. just debt is gone and everyone starts over at day 1, of course with a new system that wouldnt allow for this crap again.

satchelmcqueen
01-29-2009, 09:51 PM
So those who can't afford the Mercedes and the quarter million dollar house get to keep them and guys like me, who've been financially responsible his whole life, not once ever being in debt, get to struggle on?

If it would fix the problems permanently, I wouldn't complain.

well, i am like you and have also been responsible my entire life and struggled as well. i dont owe any one a dime as of today. yes, as mad as it would make me, even those who bought things they couldnt afford would get to keep it to but more importantly to my point would be that so would the honest and responsible people as well. it does suck. im responsible yet im sitting here without a job for 3 months now. i just dont want to see anymore good people lose their property is all.

now i dont know if i recall this right, but didnt way back around the time of christ, didnt the debt owed by people get reset every 7 years? i think i remember reading this in the bible or some history book or something.

Ex Post Facto
01-29-2009, 10:47 PM
This is just conspiracy theory but supposedly NESARA (http://www.nesara.us/pages/home.html)is the reset button. I don't believe it, as the people promoting it seem far fetched in their updates. The guy that updates this calls himself 'whitedove' However, it makes one hell of a story.

satchelmcqueen
01-29-2009, 11:09 PM
This is just conspiracy theory but supposedly NESARA (http://www.nesara.us/pages/home.html)is the reset button. I don't believe it, as the people promoting it seem far fetched in their updates. The guy that updates this calls himself 'whitedove' However, it makes one hell of a story.

never heard of it but looked through some pages. sounds good if its real.

Anti Federalist
01-29-2009, 11:17 PM
I think that may be coming.

Pass a $100 trillion dollar bailout, why fuck around?

It's all fake money anyway, why not?

LibertyEagle
01-29-2009, 11:20 PM
People should take personal responsibility for their decisions. If they bought something they couldn't afford, then they should bear the consequences of that decision. Their debt should not be forgiven, as that too would be borne by the rest of us. They owe the debt to someone. What happens to them and their investors? Should they just suck it up? I think not. Those costs would be passed down.

With freedom, comes responsibility. These people knew damn well they couldn't afford those houses and fancy cars, but they did it anyway. Time to pay the Piper. If it would be allowed to function, the market would flush this all out. Our government's role should be to stop spending money they don't have and to return us to sound money.

idiom
01-30-2009, 12:31 AM
thats not what i mean. i mean along the lines of the debt you owe is wiped clean and you keep your stuff too.

long shot and a dream, but...just like the bailout, except for the people and no printing of new money. just debt is gone and everyone starts over at day 1, of course with a new system that wouldnt allow for this crap again.

Yeah but the people owed the money lose it all. Unless you are going to pay off everyones debt.

the nice way to do that is hyperinflation.

So I sell you a car, but now I never get paid. I just lost pretty hard.