PDA

View Full Version : Vladimir Putin attacks Western rescue packages

Lucille
01-28-2009, 04:56 PM
Vladimir Putin attacks Western rescue packages (http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/economics/wef/article5607474.ece)
Russia’s Prime Minister said the financial crisis was a 'perfect storm' that had arisen from a world dominated by one power - the US

He warned that extravagant financial stimulus packages of the kind agreed by Washington and London could lead those countries down a path well-worn by Moscow, while doing little to aid a global recovery.

“Interference of the state, the belief in the omnipotence of the state: That is a reaction to market failures,” Mr Putin said in his keynote address at the opening of the four-day meeting. “There is a temptation to expand direct interference of state in economy. In the Soviet Union that became an absolute. We paid a very dear price for that.”

[...]

There was a danger, he said, that aggressive military action was being used by countries as “another way of distracting from economic situation.” In solving these regional disputed, he said,” multilateral institutions turned out to be as ineffective as financial institutions.”

How ironic.

The thieves are voting on the bill now.

UtahApocalypse
01-28-2009, 04:57 PM
Russia learned from experience, we failed to learn from history.

Lovecraftian4Paul
01-28-2009, 05:51 PM
Putin recognizes the Trojan Horses for what they are. Bravo.

Pennsylvania
01-29-2009, 07:19 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if Russia surpasses us in a lot of areas in the not-to-distant future.

qh4dotcom
01-29-2009, 11:13 AM
Great quote by Putin

Mort
01-29-2009, 11:48 AM
Interesting observation by Putin. However, its just words. He nationalized some oil companies a while back. Maybe he should listen to his own advice.

Malakai
01-29-2009, 01:38 PM
I have no info on his political actions in Russia, but he says a lot of good things!

That is like quote #4 I've heard of his just from this year that I found quite insightful.

Spike
01-29-2009, 02:26 PM
Cold War 2.0?