01-28-2009, 04:59 PM
and so it passes the house :(

Pennsylvania
01-28-2009, 05:00 PM
Beat me to it :)

Sucks though :(

rockjoa
01-28-2009, 05:03 PM
at least the republicans stayed united and about 12 dems joined them.

phill4paul
01-28-2009, 05:03 PM
Soon I will know where the government stands. I know where I stand. Tonight THEY must prove to me that they are of the people,by the people and for the people.

phill4paul
01-28-2009, 05:04 PM
And there you have it.

Lucille
01-28-2009, 05:07 PM
WOW! No Republicans voted for it! And 12 Dems opposed it too.

speciallyblend
01-28-2009, 05:10 PM
the house gop leadership is a joke. they do not even have a leg to stand on about small government!! to hear them all talk the talk yet bloat the government in the last 8 yrs is laughable.

TODAYS JOKE is THE HOUSE GOP, comical if it wasn't so serious. house gop crying wolf,when they passed more big government bills then the dems could dream of.

StudentForPaul08
01-28-2009, 05:12 PM
I want to see a list of Yea's, and Nay's

Lucille
01-28-2009, 05:13 PM
the house gop leadership is a joke. they do not even have a leg to stand on about small government!! to hear them all talk the talk yet bloat the government in the last 8 yrs is laughable.

TODAYS JOKE is THE HOUSE GOP, comical if it wasn't so serious. house gop crying wolf,when they passed more big government bills then the dems could dream of.

C'mon! Give credit where credit is due. Maybe they learned their lesson that when they stray from their conservative roots, they lose, and so does America.

This is the Dems' baby now. When it fails to produce economic recovery, Republicans will look very prescient indeed.

Now we have to pressure Senate Republicans to do the same.

heavenlyboy34
01-28-2009, 05:13 PM

Hate to say it, but I told ya so. ;)

FrankRep
01-28-2009, 05:19 PM
That's not very constructive. We know we are fighting a losing battle.

speciallyblend
01-28-2009, 05:20 PM

i hear you;) had to get it off my chest,but when i watch the tv. I have to keep looking in the right hand corner expecting to see the comedy channel logo. Then i notice it isn't the comedy channel (FACEPALM)

speciallyblend
01-28-2009, 05:22 PM
That's not very constructive. We know we are fighting a losing battle.

if only i could reach thru the tv and start biotch slapping these so called house gop leaders.

would make me feel better!!

I feel like trump, YOU'RE FIRED

Lucille
01-28-2009, 05:22 PM
Roll Call (http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2009/roll046.xml)

Kirkpatrick (AZ)

My new rep voted Yay! She ran on the claim that she's a blue dog. Mmm hm.

Anti Federalist
01-28-2009, 05:25 PM
C'mon! Give credit where credit is due. Maybe they learned their lesson that when they stray from their conservative roots, they lose, and so does America.

This is the Dems' baby now. When it fails to produce economic recovery, Republicans will look very prescient indeed.

That's the scam, that's the theater.

Yeah, pass it off to those "damn tax and spend libs", vote for us, the GOP, and we'll keep a lid on government spending.

Fake as pro wrestling.

speciallyblend
01-28-2009, 05:27 PM

so your trusting the same folks that made government 10times bigger then the dems could of dreamed of??

They haven't changed their ways,just their lying tongues!!

the same people that say they want smaller government are the same folks that gave us the bigger intrusive government(gop house leaders). all bs coming from the gop house members.
The house gop leadership has no credibility , thats the punchline!!!

speciallyblend
01-28-2009, 05:29 PM

Yeah, pass it off to those "damn tax and spend libs", vote for us, the GOP, and we'll keep a lid on government spending.

Fake as pro wrestling.

hit the nail on the head. they should start a new comedy show on the comedy channel and call it THE GOP, americans would get it;)

phill4paul
01-28-2009, 05:33 PM
Mine voted no. Patrick McHenry has been consistent with his down votes about bailouts.

Not that it matters at this point.

sluggo
01-28-2009, 05:40 PM
I didn't think it was possible to feel as disgusted as I do right now.

speciallyblend
01-28-2009, 05:47 PM

i try to remind myself how we got to this point? pure gop leadership corruption. the gop deserves obama and whatever else they get!

i am still disgusted over the gop tactics in the primaries. I will never forget.
we have along way to go to change the gop, first order of business fire the gop leadership. then we can actually start changing the gop until then there is no credibility left in the gop leadership!!

Bruno
01-28-2009, 05:48 PM

At least no Republicans voted for it. There's a bright side, if one is to be found.

speciallyblend
01-28-2009, 05:50 PM
At least no Republicans voted for it. There's a bright side, if one is to be found.

yeah but their no vote means NOTHING. Take a look at their votes the last 8 yrs. they voted to increase government at all levels and spending. Their no vote is like the wolf saying they will not eat the sheep,but at the sametime the blood is pouring from their own mouths as they say NO!!

Bruno
01-28-2009, 05:55 PM
yeah but their no vote means NOTHING. Take a look at their votes the last 8 yrs. they voted to increase government at all levels and spending. Their no vote is like the wolf saying they will not eat the sheep,but at the sametime the blood is pouring from their own mouths as they say NO!!

I couldn't agree more, however if they would have all voted for it, it would have shown that they are truly "bipartisan" and willing give Obama anything he wants.

At least they are standing firm now, even though they allowed us to get in this mess.

phill4paul
01-28-2009, 05:59 PM
I couldn't agree more, however if they would have all voted for it, it would have shown that they are truly "bipartisan" and willing give Obama anything he wants.

At least they are standing firm now, even though they allowed us to get in this mess.

They are and will be forever "bipartisan".

Fake as pro wrestling.

Gage
01-28-2009, 06:09 PM
Wow, my Democratic congressman, Brad Ellsworth, actually voted against it. I was truly shocked. Especially since he voted for basically every other massive spending bill.

And equally shocked to see Dennis in the Yeas.

Jeremy
01-28-2009, 06:10 PM
sb is almost always anti-Republican for no reason at all... he didn't say anything negative towards the party that actually voted for it...

sluggo
01-28-2009, 06:33 PM
Holy **** my Democratic congressman, Brad Ellsworth, voted against this crap. I was truly shocked. Especially since he voted for basically every other massive spending bill.

I'd like to know who the other 10 Dem's that said "nay" were.

I'm gonna start calling my Rep. anytime funds are low. See if I can't get some of that Obama money.

cthulhufan
01-28-2009, 06:37 PM
Holy **** my Democratic congressman, Brad Ellsworth, voted against this crap. I was truly shocked. Especially since he voted for basically every other massive spending bill.

Wish I could say the same. My Democratic rep, Lacey Clay, voted for this one. This wouldn't surprise me but he voted NO twice on the original pillaging effort(HR3997) and NO again on the second round (HR1424).

speciallyblend
01-28-2009, 06:37 PM
sb is almost always anti-Republican for no reason at all... he didn't say anything negative towards the party that actually voted for it...
whatever makes you sleep better at night!!

i am a registered Republican, but that doesn't mean i cannot call the leadership what it is BULLSHIT!!!!
no reason at all, are you on drugs? i have a long list of reasons ,the corruption at our conventions. the outright lies from gop leadership and i can keep going!!

lets not forget the cogop basically alienated us and did not even give a 5 minute speaking spot for our lifetime republican when when we ran 1/3 of the delegates.

for you to even think i have no reasons, makes me wonder where have you been or what planet have you been on in the last few yrs!!!

BOTTOM LINE THE GOP LEADERSHIP ARE LIARS,if you think your gonna change the gop with the corrupt leadership still in power, then i suggest insanity would be the correct term!!

Imperial
01-28-2009, 06:41 PM
If the Republican votes would have mattered for its passage, Boehner and Ryan would have whipped Republicans the other way. Like with the bailout...

However, being opposition for no reason other than like the 1870s and 1880s(who gets spoils), they can act principled. Obama doesn't get his huge mandate at the outset as he wanted.

It is just like what they did during the energy crisis this summer...staying in Congress to "work past the clock". Yet when it came down to it, they did nothing.

Anti Federalist
01-28-2009, 06:43 PM

How much contempt do you have for, or, which one is the more dangerous?

The enemy right in front of you who clearly states he is going to kill you if given the chance?

Or the "brother in arms" who, in the heat of battle, bayonets you in the back, leaves you dead and dying on the battlefield, and then goes back to camp, telling everybody how "heroic" he was in battle, "rally around me boys, I'm the leader here"?

speciallyblend
01-28-2009, 07:00 PM

obama is not the enemy .Our corrupt party leadership is the enemy in my eyes.
obama wasn't the corruption that caused ron paul to be marginalized. obama is not a republican. i am more concerned with the gop then the dnc!!

zach
01-28-2009, 07:05 PM
Awesome, Capito still hasn't voted yes on any of these bailouts. :D

CUnknown
01-29-2009, 03:07 PM
I too am disappointed that Kucinich voted for it. But he is still my 2nd favorite member of Congress.