PDA

View Full Version : GOP: Travis County (TX) GOP Taken over by RP'ers Pass Resolution on Bailouts!

Matt Collins
01-28-2009, 02:15 PM
POSTED ON FACEBOOK TODAY:

Last night, the Executive Committee of the Travis County Republican Party (composed of the Precinct Chairs, many of whom are recently-elected Campaign for Liberty supporters,) met and the following resolution was adopted by unanimous vote:

Resolution Against Bailouts

The Travis County Republican Party supports a cessation of all bailouts by the federal government or the Federal Reserve through the following means:

- An immediate effort on the part of members of Congress representing the citizens of Travis County to:

- cease all future bailouts of financial institutions and failing business by TARP, Treasury Department or other executive action, Congressional action and/or the Federal Reserve, and

- discontinue all bailouts already offered, but not yet given in part or whole, and

- repeal TARP, and

- if TARP cannot be immediately repealed, pass an amendment requiring complete transparency of the actions of the United States Secretary of the Treasury and his subordinates regarding the bailouts,

- Communication of the passage of this resolution by the Travis County Republican Chair to all members of Congress representing the citizens of Travis County.

The Travis County Republican Party urges the above steps be taken by members of Congress and the Travis County Republican Chair as specified.

This resolution was sponsored by the Travis County Republican Liberty Caucus, and I'd like to acknowledge and thank the officers and board members:

Michael Barre - President
Andrew Pacetti - Secretary
Lynn Foster - Board Member and TCRP Precinct 259 Chair
Bryan Martin - Board Member and TCRP Precinct 378 Chair
Michael Miller - Board Member and TCRP Precinct 210 Chair
Michael Siekkinen - Board Member and TCRP Precinct 409 Chair
Jerri Lynn Ward - Board Member and TCRP Precinct 312 Chair

What was surprising to me was that the resolution passed by UNANIMOUS vote! Clearly, there are some issues on which ALL of us can agree, even the Republican party activists who could have chosen to defend the Republican elected officials who voted in favor of the bailout, like Lamar Smith. Those of us working with the Republican party are seeking - and finding - some common ground and the more they get to know us, the more common ground they discover they have with us. We need to continue our educational efforts.

I want to encourage you also to continue to take every opportunity to let our elected officials know that we are watching them -- that we are NOT going away -- and that we CAN and WILL take actions to hold them accountable by VOTING THEM OUT OF OFFICE, if necessary.

Long Live the R[3VOL]ution! We CAN and ARE making an impact. Keep up the good work!

Campaigning for Liberty,

Lisa Mallory
Travis County Republican Party Precinct 379 Chair
Treasurer, Republican Liberty Caucus of Texas

P.S. If you are a C4L member from another county, please take whatever actions are necessary to present this Resolution to your county's Executive Committee, let them know that it was passed unanimously in Travis County, TX and ask them to do the same in your county. The more counties that endorse this Resolution, the stronger the message we collectively send.

SOURCE:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/note.php?note_id=52090860422&id=1378193565&ref=share

surf
01-28-2009, 04:47 PM
congratulations.

AdamT
01-28-2009, 05:31 PM
If you don't mind, I'm gonna use this at our County caucus in a few weeks.

There's actually a wiki-type site for liberty resolutions at www.libertyresolutions.com (http://libertyresolutions.com/index.php/Main_Page). Anyone can feel free to contribute.

Imperial
01-28-2009, 06:53 PM
The link just goes to the facebook homepage.

RonPaulR3VOLUTION
01-28-2009, 07:32 PM
This can't be true. I remember reading it is a horrible idea to work within the Republican party. ;)

Nyte
01-28-2009, 08:17 PM
Outstanding.

Matt Collins
01-28-2009, 08:43 PM
New Wiki site for local party resolutions www.LibertyResolutions.com

speciallyblend
01-28-2009, 08:51 PM
This can't be true. I remember reading it is a horrible idea to work within the Republican party. ;)

depends on what state and county your in. some counties the gop is useless and some they are not. this all sounds good but until they fire the gop leadership i doubt much will come of it for another 8-12 yrs.

LibertyEagle
01-28-2009, 09:17 PM
depends on what state and county your in. some counties the gop is useless and some they are not. this all sounds good but until they fire the gop leadership i doubt much will come of it for another 8-12 yrs.

We've got to TRY, sb.

We may not win, but I, and I know you, will damn sure go out swinging.

w00ter
01-29-2009, 05:39 AM
POSTED ON FACEBOOK TODAY:

Last night, the Executive Committee of the Travis County Republican Party (composed of the Precinct Chairs, many of whom are recently-elected Campaign for Liberty supporters,) met and the following resolution was adopted by unanimous vote:

Resolution Against Bailouts

The Travis County Republican Party supports a cessation of all bailouts by the federal government or the Federal Reserve through the following means:

- An immediate effort on the part of members of Congress representing the citizens of Travis County to:

- cease all future bailouts of financial institutions and failing business by TARP, Treasury Department or other executive action, Congressional action and/or the Federal Reserve, and

- discontinue all bailouts already offered, but not yet given in part or whole, and

- repeal TARP, and

- if TARP cannot be immediately repealed, pass an amendment requiring complete transparency of the actions of the United States Secretary of the Treasury and his subordinates regarding the bailouts,

- Communication of the passage of this resolution by the Travis County Republican Chair to all members of Congress representing the citizens of Travis County.

The Travis County Republican Party urges the above steps be taken by members of Congress and the Travis County Republican Chair as specified.

SOURCE:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/note.php?note_id=52090860422&id=1378193565&ref=share

The subject line on this thread is a little misleading, just a little stretch of the actual -- the Travis County committee wasn't taken over by RP'ers but part of the committee is from the senate district that was taken over by RP'ers last March. The county encompasses one SD and part of the other so that the Travis County committee has some of the precinct chairs from that "RP" SD on it.

But it was good that this passed unanimously, which means that the "non-RP" majority voted for it.

w00ter

Dustancostine
01-29-2009, 08:43 AM
The subject line on this thread is a little misleading, just a little stretch of the actual -- the Travis County committee wasn't taken over by RP'ers but part of the committee is from the senate district that was taken over by RP'ers last March. The county encompasses one SD and part of the other so that the Travis County committee has some of the precinct chairs from that "RP" SD on it.

But it was good that this passed unanimously, which means that the "non-RP" majority voted for it.

w00ter

Actually in Texas we don't vote our precinct chairs in at the SD conventions. SD 25 was the SD that was "taken over" by RP activist at the SD convention. The other SD is SD 14, where the poster (Not Matt Collins, but Lisa Mallory) is from and comprises the other SD in Travis County. They came with a few votes of doing the same, had around 45% RP activist at their SD convention.

In Texas the precinct chairs have to run for office in the primary just like other political candidates do or be appointed to an unfilled seat by the County Chair and voted in by the County Executive Committee. Lisa, Don, Robert Mc. and all the others down in Austin, worked really hard to not only get people to attend the conventions, but run for precinct chairs as well. And while I don't believe that they have the majority on the Travis County Executive Committee, they have a very large number and are doing a wonderful job getting the other Republicans on board with freedom.

--Dustan

Matt Collins
01-29-2009, 10:02 AM
The subject line on this thread is a little misleading, just a little stretch of the actual -- the Travis County committee wasn't taken over by RP'ers but part of the committee is from the senate district that was taken over by RP'ers last March. The county encompasses one SD and part of the other so that the Travis County committee has some of the precinct chairs from that "RP" SD on it.Interesting... I was under the impression of something else... my apologies..

Badger Paul
01-29-2009, 11:39 AM
Good work one and all!