PDA

View Full Version : Outreach: Facebook Campaign idea

Nate K
01-28-2009, 11:04 AM
Allow me to introduce you to myself, the idea man.

I'm making a lot of progress on facebook. I have made friends with quite a few of you from here, and although I don't discuss issues much I'm always monitoring things on our side. I have been discussing with conservatives in anti-Obama groups, making progress there. Making satirical posts (http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?topic=79906&post=1452295&uid=2231653698#/topic.php?uid=2231653698&topic=79906) on Obama's group (LOL worthy).

I really think facebook is a GREAT avenue to spread the message. Everyday I'm seeing our guys posting links and discussing with others, drawing in debate.

With that said, we need to capitalize on the opportunity, or shall I say, opportunities. The major issue we face is the economy, everyone is in fear over it. I think a good idea would be to create a group that exposes how exactly we got in this situation, and highlight the ridiculous actions government is taking to perpetuate it. Then show what the CORRECT action should be. This is perfect because it is controversial and a seemingly radical idea. This draws people in. There's enough of us to really make all these opportunities work for us, I promise.

I came here first before running ahead and creating something with no plan. I really can't do this alone, we need some of our best thinkers here to make this work smoothly.

I feel our focus should be on central banking, the Federal Reserve and how our current system creates the mess we're in. Present the front page of the group with a Question and Answer style page that is easily digestible for newbs. And maybe we can make some kind of incentive for people to invite their friends.

Before we go further.. who here has facebook?!

Let's make this thread a continuous discussion of how we can work on and improve our ideas.

Nate K
01-28-2009, 11:08 AM
First priority should be the outline of the group, let's discuss what you think it's core purpose should be, give it some shape.

Any opinions on anti-central banking idea?

ronpaulhawaii
01-28-2009, 11:15 AM
IDK if a new group is all that necessary, there are plenty of groups in existence that deal with all of our issues. Perhaps finding the one that most closely resembles your vision and promote more involvement there...

Nate K
01-28-2009, 11:28 AM
IDK if a new group is all that necessary, there are plenty of groups in existence that deal with all of our issues. Perhaps finding the one that most closely resembles your vision and promote more involvement there...

this is why i didn't want to jump in and create another. I figure if we can plan a well-built one we won't need all these shitty ones. there's only one I've found on Facebook that focuses on Central Banking and it has 30 some members.

ronpaulhawaii
01-28-2009, 11:43 AM
try searching groups for "Federal Reserve" - perhaps we could use one of the "end the fed" groups

Nate K
01-28-2009, 11:48 AM
try searching groups for "Federal Reserve" - perhaps we could use one of the "end the fed" groups

Alright, now we'll have to get the creators on board with the idea. i'm not sure there's much enthusiasm behind the idea yet other than myself lol.

I would do it myself but I have a limited understanding of all the points to be made.

ronpaulhawaii
01-28-2009, 11:57 AM
There are 2 EtF groups, look for the one I am admin on ;) It is basically dormant and I should be able to get the creator to go along with whatever you (and others) come up with.

fatjohn
01-28-2009, 12:03 PM
I was also thinking about using facebook as a use of get rid of my anger vs the elite by smashing some ignorant people in the head with ron paul wisdom. But haven't really worked anything out yet.

Nate K
01-28-2009, 12:09 PM
There are 2 EtF groups, look for the one I am admin on ;) It is basically dormant and I should be able to get the creator to go along with whatever you (and others) come up with.

Ok I've found it. I suppose we could build off this one.

Nate K
01-28-2009, 12:13 PM
My original idea of the purpose for it would be to expose central banking for what it is. Like more so informational than activism so facebook users can begin to learn, and spread the info.

I'm not saying no activism, it was just my original thought.

ronpaulhawaii
01-28-2009, 12:18 PM
My original idea of the purpose for it would be to expose central banking for what it is. Like more so informational than activism so facebook users can begin to learn, and spread the info.

I'm not saying no activism, it was just my original thought.

Understood.

I've got enough on my plate that I don't see me spending much time on this, but I see no reason why the group can't be rebuilt for informational purposes...

Nate K
01-28-2009, 12:36 PM
Does Conza have facebook?

ronpaulhawaii
01-28-2009, 01:32 PM
Does Conza have facebook?

Not sure...

I bet you could dig through the Economics and Sound Money forum for content ideas...

Nate K
01-28-2009, 01:36 PM
Good thinkin. I forgot about that section.

bobbyw24
01-28-2009, 02:15 PM
Spread RPF message

Nate K
01-28-2009, 02:33 PM
Spread RPF message

good idea. gotta get some support behind it i guess.

SnappleLlama
01-28-2009, 02:34 PM
good idea. gotta get some support behind it i guess.

I'm on Facebook. Anyone else have an account? :)

bobbyw24
01-28-2009, 02:37 PM
Should we start a RFP FB Group?

SnappleLlama
01-28-2009, 02:38 PM

Absolutely! I want to be listed as an official Bunchies advocate, though! :D

bobbyw24
01-28-2009, 02:42 PM
Or can we start it on our own?

mediahasyou
01-30-2009, 04:25 PM
The easiest way to attract people to the new group is to take a common issue of the day. Gas prices was a good one a while ago.

Then create the group like "1,000,000 strong for lower gas prices.

Then dont post alot of radical or political stuff in the description EXCEPT a few interesting comments and a whole bunch of links.

Nate K
01-30-2009, 04:32 PM
The easiest way to attract people to the new group is to take a common issue of the day. Gas prices was a good one a while ago.

Then create the group like "1,000,000 strong for lower gas prices.

Then dont post alot of radical or political stuff in the description EXCEPT a few interesting comments and a whole bunch of links.

This takes away from the controversial "drawing in" value of it.

ronpaulhawaii
01-31-2009, 07:19 AM

OK...

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=58984627517