PDA

View Full Version : Southern Avenger: Ron Paul KICKED ASS On Morning Joe!

Knightskye
01-28-2009, 12:44 AM
http://southernavenger.ccpblogs.com/2009/01/27/ron-paul-kicks-ass-on-morning-joe/

The pundits ganged up on Paul best they could and he not only kept swinging, but injected a healthy dose of common sense into the ongoing debate over the bad economy. Lew Rockwell described the exchange this way:

“Ron was the star of the Morning Joeys today. It was a cage match on the economy. They’d throw one Keynesian guy at Ron, and when the guy was beaten, they’d throw another Keynesian, and another. Ron was superb, even by Paulian standards. He wielded the empire, the Fed, Greenspan,l fractional-reserve banking, and other unmentionables against the economic ignoramuses.”

What struck me is how some of these folks seemed to suggest Paul’s dollars-and-cents common sense was somehow “utopian.” I don’t remember the punditry questioning President Bush too hard as to whether trying to establish American-style democracy in the Middle East was utopian, which it unquestionably was, not to mention has a lot to do with the current economic crisis - and Paul goes there:

Archie
01-28-2009, 12:56 AM
I saw the piece myself and I think Lew is just looking for a fight . Ron was asked questions that the American blue collar would want an answer to. Ron Did a wonderful job of trying to let the viewer know that in "reality" there is no "quick fix" and alot of the pundits were with Ron on his overview of the current and past situations. I think its just Hard for the pundits to realize that they can't give the typical American a "magical cure" type answer its only logical that during such a crisis everyone is looking for "positive/New" ideas about ways to combat the bleeding.

Bman
01-28-2009, 01:02 AM
http://southernavenger.ccpblogs.com/2009/01/27/ron-paul-kicks-ass-on-morning-joe/

Yeah. That was a good ole ass whoopin he laid on them. Too bad they're all still looking for a miracle cure so much that they fail to listen.

It was great to watch Ron, sad to see those other dopes. Even the guy who said he agrees with a lot of what Ron Paul says, but sits there and still wants a beautiful day answer.

tremendoustie
01-28-2009, 01:41 AM
Ron is saying, as gently as he can, "The econony is sick and we have to take our medicine in order to get better. There are no other shortcuts to a healthy recovery." But all these people can focus on is "Medicine!?! YUCK!!! GROSS!!! It'll taste disgusting! You're not really saying we have to take it!! We don't want to take and we're not going to!! And if it tastes as bad as we think it will we are going blame you forever!!!!" It's like a bunch of three year olds.

This is EXACTLY it, I love this comment. A mature adult analysis each position, compares it with his/her observations, and reasoning, and chooses which is most likely to be correct. He then determines what the proper action based on that position is, in order to cause the most positive overall outcome.

A child listens to each position, decides which view makes the most optimistic promises, and chooses that position. Santa will give me presents?! Of course he's real! The medicine will taste bad?! I'm not sick at all!! Faerie dust and a big bowl of ice cream will cure it!!

speciallyblend
01-28-2009, 07:17 AM
This is EXACTLY it, I love this comment. A mature adult analysis each position, compares it with his/her observations, and reasoning, and chooses which is most likely to be correct. He then determines what the proper action based on that position is, in order to cause the most positive overall outcome.

A child listens to each position, decides which view makes the most optimistic promises, and chooses that position. Santa will give me presents?! Of course he's real! The medicine will taste bad?! I'm not sick at all!! Faerie dust and a big bowl of ice cream will cure it!!

blimp

Knightskye
01-28-2009, 10:00 PM

In case anyone wanted to know where that comment was from, you can go here:
http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/025010.html

chadhb
01-28-2009, 11:03 PM
Ron Paul needs to ad in some smart ass comments to these fing idiots. He answered your question atleast 30 times and you still don't get it. Did you not hear him say, to stop borrowing/printing money? What you wanted him to say was how he would spend the stimulus money? you fing clowns.

Knightskye
02-02-2009, 10:24 PM
Ron Paul needs to ad in some smart ass comments to these fing idiots.

Maybe he needs some of those metaphors Peter Schiff is always using.

decatren
02-02-2009, 10:38 PM
i don't understand why these idiots at the end said that everyone moves backwards and the nobody knows how to move forward, but obama now is moving forward. I mean wtf? didnlt Ron tell them how to move forward right there? :mad:

RevolutionSD
02-02-2009, 11:56 PM
i don't understand why these idiots at the end said that everyone moves backwards and the nobody knows how to move forward, but obama now is moving forward. I mean wtf? didnlt Ron tell them how to move forward right there? :mad:

Obama is moving forward simply because he is progressive. You should know this, as an American.

Gage
02-03-2009, 08:34 AM
Ron Paul needs to ad in some smart ass comments to these fing idiots. He answered your question atleast 30 times and you still don't get it. Did you not hear him say, to stop borrowing/printing money? What you wanted him to say was how he would spend the stimulus money? you fing clowns.
That's the kind of class act Ron is though. The only time I've ever seen him get mad in an interview was on the Morton Downey, Jr. show :p.

fj45lvr
02-03-2009, 09:43 AM
Obama is moving forward simply because he is progressive. You should know this, as an American.

"he's movin on up...he finally got a piece of that piiiiiiiiiiiie!" oh yeah!!

Knightskye
02-03-2009, 06:25 PM
"he's movin on up...he finally got a piece of that piiiiiiiiiiiie!" oh yeah!!

Bernanke doesn't burn on a grill!

:D

RSLudlum
02-03-2009, 06:34 PM
Bernanke doesn't burn on a grill!

:D

but a dollar sure does :D

Knightskye
02-04-2009, 12:05 AM
but a dollar sure does :D

Grilled fiat. Delicious. :)