PDA

View Full Version : An Open-Letter to My Pro-Obama Friends

Tatsit
01-27-2009, 06:11 PM
An Open-Letter to My Pro-Obama Friends

Bretigne Shaffer

Bretigne Shaffer (www.bretigne.com) is a writer and filmmaker. Her weekly Internet TV show "On the Banks" can be seen atwww.breakthematrix.com, channel 2 every Friday at 12:00 Pacific Time. E-mail her here.

by Bretigne Shaffer

Dear pro-Obama friends,

I got a call from one of you the day after the election. You were so happy. You had "not been so proud to be an American for... decades!" You're living overseas, and you told me about watching the results in a bar with other Americans and how you were all hugging and crying you were so happy. As I hung up the phone, I found that I felt happy for you too.

Most of you know that I supported neither McCain nor Obama, that I view them as equally opposed to peace and freedom and equally ignorant of sound economic principles. I wasn't going to be happy with the election results no matter who won, so I can at least be glad that some of my friends are happy, and I am. And after his first few days in office, even I have to admit that Obama has done some very good things for which he is receiving well-deserved praise. It is not my intention to dismiss these accomplishments, nor is it my intent to rain on anyone's parade. But I do want to ask you all a big favor.

I'm going to make some predictions about Obama's presidency. Essentially, I'm going to predict that four years from now, an Obama presidency will not look very different from the George W. Bush presidency, or from what I imagine a John McCain presidency would bring. If I'm wrong about this, then I promise that I will re-think my beliefs about our political system and about politics generally. But if I am right, then I'm asking you to do the same. I'm asking each of you to consider the seemingly bizarre proposition that there really is no significant difference between candidates offered up by the established party system; that Republican and Democrat are virtually indistinguishable; and that neither party has at heart the interests of you or me or "the American people." I'm asking you to consider the possibility that continuing to vote for these people just helps to perpetuate the very ills you seek to cure.

Continue reading = featured article on front page: (http://www.itsourfreedom.com)

anaconda
01-27-2009, 07:24 PM
Well said. Adding to the problem is that even if they come to this realization, they will not be able to understand the significance of thr RP platform, because they are simply too uninformed. If your prediction comes true, they will mostly just become apathetic and be inclined to believe that "all politicians are the same" and that "you can't fight city hall." They will just vote for the next best flavor of the best marketed 2012 candidate. I think we need to spin a few key issues really hard so that even the Sheeple will get caught up in our mantra...like "End The Fed!" Or "Stop the Empire-Building Money Pit!" I've noticed that one of my Sheeple aquaintences quickly agreed with me when I said that "The Federal Reserve created this mess" only moments after he claimed there was not enough regulations on the financial markets. I think I instantly planted the seed that big government was potentially the problem...

raystone
11-23-2010, 09:35 AM
Almost halfway, and Bretigne Shaffer's predictions are right on track.

cswake
11-23-2010, 10:27 AM
Working link:
http://www.campaignforliberty.com/article.php?discuss=1&view=5&cpg=2

Elwar
11-23-2010, 10:42 AM
YouTube - Ron Paul's Message to OBAMA! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ez5robAWmu4&feature=player_embedded)