PDA

View Full Version : To the Ron Paulers with video editing skills:

mmink15
01-27-2009, 04:11 PM
Throughout Dr. Paul's presidential campaign, the massive amount of youtube videos that supporters edited were extremely helpful in winning over support for our cause. With all the appearances Dr. Paul has been making over the last few weeks on MSM sources, I believe there is a ton of new footage to work with, and a great opportunity for viewership, if you felt the urge to make a few more epic videos. The new administration seems to have some serious focus on using the internet, specifically youtube, to keep their supporters "fired up" and "in the know"(purposely used quotations here instead of pointing out and going into the extensive irony there). Given that strategy, I think we would benefit by making a concerted effort to keep well-edited and well-thought out grassroots videos on the front pages of youtube's political videos. I remember during the campaign there was a sticky thread around these parts for the top Ron Paul videos on youtube that showed where they were ranked and which way they were moving up or down the charts. Reviving this effort to keep Ron Paul videos on top of the list-which will undoubtedly be full of Obama videos- may give us a serious leg up on the competition in the 2010 and 2012 elections.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
01-27-2009, 04:16 PM
+1

ClayTrainor
01-27-2009, 04:32 PM
I'm working on something new right now... I'm hoping this ends up being one of the videos you speak of.

It's 2 minutes long, and it promotes an epic message we're all very interested in, although i will withdraw from saying what it is for now ;-)

We need to expose our message as many ways as we can, and video is surely a great one.

mmink15
01-27-2009, 04:57 PM
Good to hear, ClayTrainor!

Let me add a question to this thread as well:

Is there a cheap, user-friendly, editing program that first-timers could use to create their own videos from existing youtube clips of MSM appearances? I guess I'm asking for a tutorial or an "Idiot's Guide To Creating Ron Paul Videos For Youtube".

ronpaulhawaii
01-27-2009, 05:20 PM
I use "downloadhelper" to grab clips, and windows MovieMaker to kludge them together. It is pretty easy, but I am pretty much a beginner myself...

One series of videos I'd like to see would follow the O=W Inaugural Speech comparison style we saw recently. Get clips of neo-libs, and neo-cons making the same excuses for unjust war/etc.

BCR_9er
01-27-2009, 06:27 PM
I know how to make basic videos by putting clips and audio together. Nothing very fancy. Most of my youtube videos I got from somewhere else, but you can check out my channel. http://www.youtube.com/user/sugardancer77

MRoCkEd
01-27-2009, 06:28 PM
Get clips of neo-libs, and neo-cons making the same excuses for unjust war/etc.
great idea
we may need to wait for obama to speak more about pakistan and afghanistan first

mmink15
01-27-2009, 09:04 PM
Thanks for the info and ideas, feel free to turn this into an idea thread if you have some more.

Let's help Ron Paul take over youtube again!!!

fight4liberty
01-29-2009, 11:08 PM
Yes, we need to keep making more videos and keeping RP very visible on YouTube, esp. now that the MSM reporters are realizing more and more that RP knew what he was talking about in the debates during his campaign.

Knightskye
01-30-2009, 03:25 AM
If you need to use a copyrighted song for your video, ask permission. That's all you have to do, and you'll likely get it if you're not going to profit from the video.

Conza88
01-30-2009, 03:48 AM
One series of videos I'd like to see would follow the O=W Inaugural Speech comparison style we saw recently. Get clips of neo-libs, and neo-cons making the same excuses for unjust war/etc.

:D

Meet the New Boss, Same as the Old Boss. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ochfRBesF7g)

Sorry, cldn't help myself. :o