PDA

View Full Version : war on the war on drugs

brandon
09-12-2007, 11:01 PM
Why does RP never speak of this anymore? Does he still want to end this crazy war on drugs? God i hope so. If he explained it the right way im sure it could get him alot of votes. I think something like 10% of people smoke weed. That is 10% of the population who would have to vote for him hands down, or else they are voting for someone who is making them a criminal

DjLoTi
09-12-2007, 11:02 PM
He made a big point of it tonight at USC

RP4ME
09-12-2007, 11:02 PM
yes - see his USC speech today!! He wants to end it - he wants war on teh war on drugs - :D :D :D

RP4ME
09-12-2007, 11:04 PM
Why does RP never speak of this anymore? Does he still want to end this crazy war on drugs? God i hope so. If he explained it the right way im sure it could get him alot of votes. I think something like 10% of people smoke weed. That is 10% of the population who would have to vote for him hands down, or else they are voting for someone who is making them a criminal

But ay know - will these people get off teh couch they are smoking pot on and win him teh nomination? the peopel addicted to prescription drugs and coke etc are not in a place to help anyone win a primary - pot smokers perhaps .....I dunno id have to be enightened on this...

Mr. White
09-12-2007, 11:05 PM
He isn't usually given a chance to talk about it in interviews. People can get behind peace without appearing fringe. When people here drugs though, they tend to get a bit more panicky. Scares away the sheep. People will need to understand his stance before they understand why hes against the war on drugs. Very seldom does he get to preface that stance with his core beliefs.

McDermit
09-12-2007, 11:53 PM
yes, recreational drug users do vote. silly generalizations.

Every single one of my youngest bro's pothead friends has become an active ron paul supporter, and all of them have registered republican. Hell, they never have anuthing going on except "chillen" so there are always a few willing to hop in the car and help put up signs. Appeal to them in the right manner, arm them with lit and RP "stuff" and they will absolutely help us win this election.

brumans
09-12-2007, 11:55 PM
Ron is talking about it for the last minute and a half here on 2 of 5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Py1RTDcfjb0

It is pretty much done on 3 of 5, just some cheering and what not.

amonasro
09-12-2007, 11:59 PM
Every marijuana forum has a Ron Paul thread. Also CA and the other medicinal growing states have a huge community in support for Ron Paul. They will vote, don't worry :)

McDermit
09-13-2007, 12:08 AM
keeep the war on drugs........................................... drugs destroy dreams remember that :)

Bad choices destroy dreams. Kind of like guns don't kill people, people kill people. The WoD is unconstitutional.. Just like a gun ban would be.

RP has said that he detests drug use, but believes the WoD is a tyrannical and ineffective approach to a social problem. We don't have to like drug use, but we should absolutely support the individual's right to do as they please with their own bodies.

The WoD wastes massive amounts of money while only compounding the problems for those addicted to drugs.

RP4ME
09-13-2007, 12:08 AM
yes, recreational drug users do vote. silly generalizations.

Every single one of my youngest bro's pothead friends has become an active ron paul supporter, and all of them have registered republican. Hell, they never have anuthing going on except "chillen" so there are always a few willing to hop in the car and help put up signs. Appeal to them in the right manner, arm them with lit and RP "stuff" and they will absolutely help us win this election.

Now now lets not generalize about how much they are chillaxing. pot smokers an lead teh most productive lives.....;) J/K thats good news thats they are politically active I didnt really knwo b/c I do not partake myself....

DjLoTi
09-13-2007, 12:11 AM
In California, you can buy marijuana on the streets, in shops and stores. They're fighting it heavy down there.

JosephTheLibertarian

yup, he wants to end it. Why he never speaks of it? because he never gets a chance to ;)

RP4ME
Bad choices destroy dreams. Kind of like guns don't kill people, people kill people. The WoD is unconstitutional.. Just like a gun ban would be.

RP has said that he detests drug use, but believes the WoD is a tyrannical and ineffective approach to a social problem. We don't have to like drug use, but we should absolutely support the individual's right to do as they please with their own bodies.

The WoD wastes massive amounts of money while only compounding the problems for those addicted to drugs.
I agree with Rp - and hadnt really formed an opinion on it until I heard RP eduactin'....I agree its not a good war. It will not cahnge thinsg the pepel who want it will get it , howeva and if ist leglaize dit will crush a shady group of teh society ( our govt who is resp. fo rmost of it) Also it is not right to send a cikehead to jail and an alcholic to AA....same diff - they need help - ist an addcition. Too expensive to fill our prisoner with thsoe who are non violent..

DjLoTi
09-13-2007, 12:12 AM
Hemp pays for it!

Agriculture, economy, technology, .. lets start making money Americans! :P

I'm tired of all the fighting :(

RP4ME
09-13-2007, 12:13 AM
people are to dumb to make decissions on there own, they need the government to help guide them.

:)
Ahhh yes _ i get it - I think that you nee dto go visit fredthompson forums - those boys will give you teh order and LAW you long for....;)

McDermit
09-13-2007, 12:22 AM
hamadeh, do you also think cigarettes, alcohol, guns, knives, aeresol cans, painkillers, nitrous, and cough syrup should be illegal? If not, please explain your reasonings.

hard@work
09-13-2007, 12:23 AM
Has anyone running for president except for Ron Paul not done drugs? The irony would be so sweet ...

JosephTheLibertarian
09-13-2007, 12:24 AM
hamadeh, do you also think cigarettes, alcohol, guns, knives, aeresol cans, painkillers, nitrous, and cough syrup should be illegal? If not, please explain your reasonings.

No. My reasoning? It doesn't matter if you ban it or not, it will still exist lol waste of time and money

RP4ME
09-13-2007, 12:26 AM
lols defintley, just cause i disagree with one thing doesnt mean im anti paul.

I was kidding - i just said that b/c you tricked us earlier with you thread.....:D I actually thought you were kidding on that - my bad.

LibertyEagle
09-13-2007, 01:24 AM
people are to dumb to make decissions on there own, they need the government to help guide them.

:)

Hamadeh, I think you might want to do some more research into who is actually profiting from the War on Drugs. (ie. who is the largest drug runner). Keeping it illegal, keeps the price high.

Secondly, Dr. Paul doesn't like the fact that people use a bunch of drugs. Whether that be prescription drugs or street drugs. However, the fictitious war on drugs does nothing more than give federal government and associated goon squads, the authority to invade your personal privacy and yes, sometimes even kill you, all in the name of fighting illegal drugs. There have been multiple documented cases where they went to the wrong house and killed innocent people.

This war on drugs is no different than the war on terror, in that both are used as guises for expanding the size and scope of the federal government and their intrusion on our liberties. Just as the War on Terror has very little to do with "terror", having much more to do with a preconceived plan for remaking the Middle East and turning our own country into a police state, the War on Drugs has very little to do with stopping drugs.

drednot
09-13-2007, 01:42 AM
For thinking people, opposing the War on Drugs has nothing to do with supporting drug use.

The War on Drugs creates a new class of wealthy criminals that feed off the black market these laws create, while pushing these dangerous products on our children.

The War on Drugs funds LA gangs that recruit violent illegal aliends into the country.

The War on Drugs destroys the Rule of Law, corrupts the military, and leads to the murder of judges in Mexico, Colombia, and elsewhere.

The War on Drugs requires the doubling of our prison space due only to victim-less criminals.

DanConway
09-13-2007, 02:49 AM
The War on Drugs requires the doubling of our prison space due only to victim-less criminals.

And letting rapists and murderers out on parole to make room for pot smokers and girlfriends who got snitched down on by drug-dealing gangsters (emphasis on gangsters, not drug-dealing), so some politician can talk about how tough he is on crime.

james1844
09-13-2007, 06:49 AM
Here is the issue with the war on drugs. Nobody disagrees that drugs are bad. They have numerous health effects, increased probability of accidents, etc.

BUT, the major question is what to do about them. Drug "warriors" like Reagan, Bush senior, etc., have advocated law enforcement and incarceration. BUT, its not entirely clear that these polices have worked. Instead, some people argue that treatment and prevention are better approaches.

For my part, I have serious concerns about the impact of incarceration policies. They tend to constrain state budgets, increase police power relative to individuals, and have had HUGE negative impacts on the fabric of African-American inner city communities.

Best,

James

brandon
09-13-2007, 09:45 AM
Well I smoke weed a couple times a week and still manage to have a very successful, fulfilling life. I am soon to be entering graduate school to study quantum computing.

So I can testify that the bad effects of smoking marijuana are vastly exaggerated.

As for the "hard" drugs...of course they are bad for people. But it is not the governments job to stop people from hurting themselves.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-13-2007, 12:15 PM
Well I smoke weed a couple times a week and still manage to have a very successful, fulfilling life. I am soon to be entering graduate school to study quantum computing.

So I can testify that the bad effects of smoking marijuana are vastly exaggerated.

As for the "hard" drugs...of course they are bad for people. But it is not the governments job to stop people from hurting themselves.

Yup... I was offered cocaine before, I said NO. But I don't say no to w33d lol. It's just a plant...my gawd. It's nature's way of saying "have fun"