PDA

View Full Version : (YouTube) - Ron Paul On Morning Joe - Debating Keynesians

ClayTrainor
01-27-2009, 09:36 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0k92fTDReHg

The youtube of Ron Pauls appearance on "Morning Joe" has just arrived

Apparently he debates, and owns 3 keynesians all by himself in this video. I have yet to watch it.

Enjoy

:cool:

DIGG IT!:

http://digg.com/business_finance/Ron_Paul_on_MSNBC_Morning_Joe_1_27_2009

FunkBuddha
01-27-2009, 09:46 AM
This is the Ron I know and love. He's on fire. It'd have been awesome if he told them they were fat and asked them if he wanted the government to debt-finance nutri-system as he did on the Morton Downey Jr. show.

Truth Warrior
01-27-2009, 09:48 AM
:cool: Thanks for the link! :)

torchbearer
01-27-2009, 09:56 AM
thanks.

Deborah K
01-27-2009, 10:00 AM
Another homerun! Did you hear his slip around 7:00 when he calls Osama bin Laden, Obama? LOL! At the end the panel tries to give Obama credit for trying to move forward, which negated every lesson to be learned by Dr. Paul in this interview. It's going to take some time to get through their thick skulls but at least now they are asking the right questions.

ClayTrainor
01-27-2009, 10:03 AM
Digg link added

brandon
01-27-2009, 10:03 AM
Good video! Thanks!

RevolutionSD
01-27-2009, 10:04 AM
Wow I thought Ron knocked it out of the park! He was being attacked from 4 different angles and owned them!

TER
01-27-2009, 10:07 AM
Awesome video!

libertarian4321
01-27-2009, 10:10 AM
He handled that very well- I think all the exposure on the media he's had in the past couple of years is helping.

He no longer stammers and goes off on a tangent like he many have done back in 2007- he stuck to the point and answered clearly and concisely.

Ron Paul 2012! :)

Conza88
01-27-2009, 10:11 AM
Ron Paul just LAID the SMACKDOWN.

http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/2787/11682eb3.jpg

Epic
01-27-2009, 10:11 AM
Holy crap Ron Paul just verbally btch-slapped like 10 crazy Keynesians at one time.

Dumbest question: do you think we can accept 15% unemployment?

WTF! We are already at 13.5% (this is the U-6 number)!! And calculating it the same way as it was done during the great depression, we are at 17.5%. So 15% is AN IMPROVEMENT.

For unemployment info:

http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:7X3_OVyeUKsJ:www.unitedliberty.org/articles/visually-explaining-the-real-unemployment-rate+visually-explaining-the-real-unemployment-rate&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us

JohnJay
01-27-2009, 10:17 AM
Thanks alot for getting this up so fast -
I got to see it live and knew someone would come through with the youtube.
-----------------------

When the government spends money, they take it from a productive source (the taxpayers/consumers).

Government, with bailouts, is buying worthless assets with taxpayer money.

All as the U.S. government is running a world empire at a trillion dollars a year -

Regulation ? . . . yeah, the type of "regulation" you want is on the Federal Reserve and the Treasury.

ClayTrainor
01-27-2009, 10:20 AM
Regulation ? . . . yeah, the type of "regulation" you want is on the Federal Reserve and the Treasury.

This is a point Ron Paul should keep repeating on multiple networks. These people who want to regulate all of the free market companies are way off base with who they are blaming.

Regulate the FED, 90% of these problems will disappear in time.

Truth Warrior
01-27-2009, 10:22 AM
This is a point Ron Paul should keep repeating on multiple networks. These people who want to regulate all of the free market companies are way off base with who they are blaming.

Regulate the FED, 90% of these problems will disappear in time. Kill the Fed. This is it's SECOND created depression. :mad:

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i304/Truth_Warrior/feddees.jpg

extrmmxer
01-27-2009, 10:24 AM
President Paul hit a home run. Damn, he's good at explaining the mess & solution. I like at the end that idiot has too through in "at least Obama is trying to move forward. The moron didn't hear a word Paul said. Obama is actually moving backwards.

ClayTrainor
01-27-2009, 10:25 AM
Kill the Fed, this is it's SECOND created depression.

I agree... kill it but, if it's going to exist... at least regulate it.

This is pure insanity. Anyone else doing the EXACT same thing would be thrown in jail for counterfeit. Why does the law not apply to these people?

Epic
01-27-2009, 10:25 AM
Email "Morning Joe" to thank them for having Ron Paul on.

Also throw in some disparaging comments about the hosts and their need to learn austrian economics.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28437928/

ClayTrainor
01-27-2009, 10:26 AM

Also throw in some disparaging comments about the hosts and their need to learn austrian economics.

Be sure to maintain respect, and dont insult them.

;)

RevolutionSD
01-27-2009, 10:26 AM
It's impossible to "regulate the fed". First, they have all the power. Second, who is going to regulate them? The same congress that authorized $ trillions in bailout money?

It would be like taking the keys to the car from the drunk guy and handing them to his drunk friend to get you home.

TER
01-27-2009, 10:28 AM

Done. Who's next?

ClayTrainor
01-27-2009, 10:28 AM
It's impossible to "regulate the fed". First, they have all the power. Second, who is going to regulate them? The same congress that authorized $ trillions in bailout money?

It would be like taking the keys to the car from the drunk guy and handing them to his drunk friend to get you home.

Good point....

Killing it, is likely the only reasonable option :cool:

Unfortunately it looks like Obama wants the all powerful Super-Fed, with international powers.

God help us :(

Truth Warrior
01-27-2009, 10:30 AM
I agree... kill it but, if it's going to exist... at least regulate it.

This is pure insanity. Anyone else doing the EXACT same thing would be thrown in jail for counterfeit. Why does the law not apply to these people?

Not a viable option. :p

"There is no subtler, no surer means of overturning the existing basis of society than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose." -- John Maynard Keynes

"The issue which has swept down the centuries and which will have to be fought sooner or later is the people versus the banks." -- Lord Acton

powerofreason
01-27-2009, 10:34 AM
Hah that was ownage! The keynesians tried so hard to trip him up too.

angelatc
01-27-2009, 10:36 AM
They seem to be asking "How can we get out of this without actually having to suffer any consequences?"

Jeremy
01-27-2009, 10:41 AM
Did you guys see where he was about to say Obama, but meant Osama bin Laden? I hope no one takes that the wrong way lol

spudea
01-27-2009, 10:43 AM
Did you hear his slip around 7:00 when he calls Osama bin Laden, Obama? LOL!

Thats not a slip. Osama Bin Laden's ultimate goal is the financial ruin of the United States, and Ron Paul is saying that our current path and Obama's path is fullfilling the goals of our enemies.

TER
01-27-2009, 10:43 AM
RP definitly is improving on camera. By the time the midterm elections come around, prepare for him to lead the way for the conservative rebound.

self-evident
01-27-2009, 10:44 AM
That was his best in a while. On his A game today!

Conza88
01-27-2009, 10:53 AM
RP definitly is improving on camera. By the time the midterm elections come around, prepare for him to lead the way for the conservative rebound.

I think this is the first time in a long time, he kind of acted like a pro "politician".

They'd throw him a bullshit question, try get him into a corner, so there really is no way out of it.

But he'd answer in such a way, that made the point amazingly clear - but he didn't stick to the CONFINES of the paradigm they were setting up against him.

He kicked ass and wasn't going to be bullied. :cool:

Jeremy
01-27-2009, 10:59 AM
I read on LRC that after this some of those guys tried to insult him behind his back and one of them said "Ron Paul wants to see 20% unemployment." FACEPALM

Truth Warrior
01-27-2009, 11:02 AM
I read on LRC that after this some of those guys tried to insult him behind his back and one of them said "Ron Paul wants to see 20% unemployment." FACEPALM Yep, that was pretty shitty, even for the MSM. Screw 'em. :p

mello
01-27-2009, 11:06 AM
Are there any other youtube links of that video? I tried watching it on my iPhone since
youtube is blocked at work & I keep getting the message:

Video Unavailable
This video does not currently support iPhone.

Really annoying especially since it was updated today. I thought that happened to old
videos that haven't been converted yet.

MRoCkEd
01-27-2009, 11:13 AM
pretty good
they gave him 10 minutes - not bad

ClayTrainor
01-27-2009, 11:22 AM
Are there any other youtube links of that video? I tried watching it on my iPhone since

Video Unavailable

Really annoying especially since it was updated today. I thought that happened to old

I think youtube creates a different file for iphone users to use. In my experience, it normally takes a couple of hours for videos to work on the iphone, from when they are uploaded.

Tough break :o

Conza88
01-27-2009, 11:23 AM

Video Unavailable

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Xn2ogw7XY8

:D

LibertyEagle
01-27-2009, 11:26 AM
I think this is the first time in a long time, he kind of acted like a pro "politician".

They'd throw him a bullshit question, try get him into a corner, so there really is no way out of it.

But he'd answer in such a way, that made the point amazingly clear - but he didn't stick to the CONFINES of the paradigm they were setting up against him.

He kicked ass and wasn't going to be bullied. :cool:

Agreed. He did a great job. I especially liked though at the end, when they encouraged him to talk about what he would do, rather than what was wrong with what was being done.

mello
01-27-2009, 11:28 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Xn2ogw7XY8

That link didn't work either. What's weird is that the CNN interview from this morning
worked fine on my iPhone.

ClayTrainor
01-27-2009, 11:29 AM
That link didn't work either. What's weird is that the CNN interview from this morning

just give it some time... it'll work eventually :cool:

Conza88
01-27-2009, 11:33 AM

Nah its my upload of pretty much the same thing. Usually I get it up faster and market it way better. But its already been picked up by all the RP sites... so not gonna waste time promoting this one.. just thought you might need it. :)

TonySutton
01-27-2009, 11:37 AM
Another great job by Dr Paul!

I am starting to believe some of the MSM invitations are to show him as an antagonist and to get him on record. I feel they're under the belief the economy will get better soon and this will weaken Ron Paul in future elections. Of course, little do they know when RPs words are validated, the tide will turn in favor of liberty!

Chester Copperpot
01-27-2009, 11:42 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0k92fTDReHg

The youtube of Ron Pauls appearance on "Morning Joe" has just arrived

Apparently he debates, and owns 3 keynesians all by himself in this video. I have yet to watch it.

Enjoy

DIGG IT!:

great Video CLay.. thank a million

Pauls' Revere
01-27-2009, 11:55 AM

ihsv
01-27-2009, 12:03 PM
Awesome vid! Thanks for the link!

qwerty
01-27-2009, 12:06 PM
BUMP!

angelatc
01-27-2009, 12:08 PM
I read on LRC that after this some of those guys tried to insult him behind his back and one of them said "Ron Paul wants to see 20% unemployment." FACEPALM

Nobody *wants* to see it.

haaaylee
01-27-2009, 12:29 PM
i like how she said she was putting quotes around experts. it is positive that they were agreeing with him for most of it and you could hear her going "yeah."

RonPaulVolunteer
01-27-2009, 12:46 PM
If we can keep getting this kind of coverage, they'll be handing us 2012 on a silver platter...

fr33domfightr
01-27-2009, 12:55 PM
Nobody *wants* to see it.

No we don't. If unemployment was 20%, that would mean 80% would be at full production. From that point forward, if the economy grew, more and more could be employed. This is basically what RP had stated before. Do we want full production or full employment? We could have full employment if everyone slowed down and didn't produce as much work, but that pushes prices higher, which isn't good either. Think about it, our economy is unsustainable if its built on everyone getting capital gains on sold homes, and pulling money out of homes from doing the refi. The bubble is bursting, and we must now shrink down to our true sustainable size. This isn't magic.

FF

Mordan
01-27-2009, 01:03 PM
He talks way better than last year.

Anti Federalist
01-27-2009, 01:03 PM
Clay,

Mrs. AF turned me onto this, I got a hearty LOL out of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bdlFYrHoGs

malkusm
01-27-2009, 01:16 PM
They seem to be asking "How can we get out of this without actually having to suffer any consequences?"

Exactly what I was thinking.

"But, but, we shouldn't spend any money on the auto industry?"

"Well, if we liquidate the bad assets, we can come out of this more quickly...all we're doing is keeping them around and creating a dollar crisis in the process."

"But, but, people will be unemployed!"

"Even the employed people won't have enough money to buy anything if we create hyperinflation."

"But....but what do we DO??" :D

Deborah K
01-27-2009, 01:20 PM
Clay,

That is hilarious!!

Anti Federalist
01-27-2009, 01:30 PM
That is hilarious!!

Yeah, I know, I cracked up.:D

mstrmac1
01-27-2009, 01:58 PM

Emailed Morning Joe!

Is it me or does DR.PAUL seem to have a little pep in his step again?

roshie
01-27-2009, 02:01 PM
Please remember to digg this story so others can see it on digg's front page.

Magsec
01-27-2009, 02:08 PM
Wow, Joe looks like Hell now.

Deborah K
01-27-2009, 02:15 PM
swiftysmithuk (8 minutes ago) Show Hide 0 Marked as spam Reply | Spam

Ron Paul: "Look out you are heading for a cliff"

Presenter: "To his credit, Obama is moving forward"

LOL!!!
__________________________________________________ ______________

This is classic!

ClayTrainor
01-27-2009, 02:21 PM
Clay,

haha,

That was good for a lol

swiftysmithuk (8 minutes ago)

Ron Paul: "Look out you are heading for a cliff"

Presenter: "To his credit, Obama is moving forward"

LOL!!!
__________________________________________________ ______________

This is classic!

LMAO! :D

cthulhufan
01-27-2009, 02:24 PM
Great stuff. Thanks ;)

Epic
01-27-2009, 02:36 PM
Courtesy of C4L

http://money.cnn.com/video/#/video/news/2009/01/27/news.ronpaul.012709.cnnmoney

Ron Paul takes down dumb blond chick.

"But Ron.... But Ron.... nobody has any money anymore.... they need government to tell them what to do.... laissez-faire is bad, cause I read so!... "

What a dumb b....

MRoCkEd
01-27-2009, 02:41 PM
Courtesy of C4L

http://money.cnn.com/video/#/video/news/2009/01/27/news.ronpaul.012709.cnnmoney

Ron Paul takes down dumb blond chick.

"But Ron.... But Ron.... nobody has any money anymore.... they need government to tell them what to do.... laissez-faire is bad, cause I read so!... "

What a dumb b....
hah
what kind of name is poppy?

Kevin_Kennedy
01-27-2009, 03:27 PM
Dr. Paul showed them all up pretty easily, and it made him look very good in the process. I think it was a great segment for the most part. I thought their panel of "experts" were rude, especially when they attempted to marginalize Dr. Paul after he was already off the show and couldn't defend himself.

amonasro
01-27-2009, 03:35 PM
Great segment. You could tell it they were aiming to make him look bad with loaded questions (as usual) but he did a great job deflecting and getting his points across. I hope the MSM is finally getting it through their collective cast-iron skulls that RP *will* be a factor in 2012. If not him, then a like-minded candidate.

raystone
01-27-2009, 03:44 PM
Exactly what I was thinking.

"But, but, we shouldn't spend any money on the auto industry?"

"Well, if we liquidate the bad assets, we can come out of this more quickly...all we're doing is keeping them around and creating a dollar crisis in the process."

"But, but, people will be unemployed!"

"Even the employed people won't have enough money to buy anything if we create hyperinflation."

"But....but what do we DO??" :D

I agree....

Towards the end, they kept asking Dr. Paul, after saying OK, we're in this mess, now what would he do ?

I agree, they don't want to hear the news there is nothing that can be done except let free market forces work (even as the free markets fight government interference and interference from the Federal Reserve Private Banking Cartel.

However, this is where I was yelling at my screen, don't miss this golden opportunity ! This is where Dr. Paul can gain tens of thousands of fans.

Tell them, in detail, step by step, what to do, not what isn't working ! The lemmings want to be led ! I know, I used to be one not long ago !

Now can someone smarter than me tell me what he could have said ?

Something about...
- Call your U.S. Congressperson and say "allow competing currencies" ?
- Tell your friends, family, and neighbors to call, too ?
- Donate some additional time to the local living assistance charity of your choice ?
- Sell your damn boat ?
- Point out we reelected 80% of congress that had a 9% approval rating and say do your homework and become an educated voter ?
- Only vote for elected officials that pledge in writing to DECREASE government budgets?
- Only vote for elected officials that pledge in writing they will not deficit spend ?

---------

georgiaboy
01-27-2009, 03:49 PM
^^ Yeah, exactly.
Ron needs to bring back up his economic recovery plan stuff.

Several times in the conversation he mention the need to reduce government spending, reduce the size of government, end the empire, eliminate the income tax & corporate taxes, and end malicious overbearing regulation. He just needed to repeat these types of things, along with competing currencies, sound money, ending the fed, ....

GO RON GO!!

mmink15
01-27-2009, 03:55 PM
To the OP-
Thanks for posting, that was a great debate there. They gave Dr Paul 10 minutes, which made me very happy. I hope this trend by the MSM to give Ron Paul more talking time continues, the longer he stays on air, the more inroads we make to the sheeple.

Carole
01-27-2009, 05:46 PM
That was "Amazing". :)

axiomata
01-27-2009, 06:06 PM
He did a great job on this one. Definitely a good one to get on the digg front page.

qh4dotcom
01-27-2009, 07:15 PM
Did you hear his slip around 7:00 when he calls Osama bin Laden, Obama? LOL!

I heard it...I hope few people listening noticed it or few people listening will make a big deal out if it

By the way I respect Dr. Paul very much so I would never LOL at him

jaybone
01-27-2009, 08:01 PM
I agree....

Towards the end, they kept asking Dr. Paul, after saying OK, we're in this mess, now what would he do ?

I agree, they don't want to hear the news there is nothing that can be done except let free market forces work (even as the free markets fight government interference and interference from the Federal Reserve Private Banking Cartel.

However, this is where I was yelling at my screen, don't miss this golden opportunity ! This is where Dr. Paul can gain tens of thousands of fans.

Tell them, in detail, step by step, what to do, not what isn't working ! The lemmings want to be led ! I know, I used to be one not long ago !

Now can someone smarter than me tell me what he could have said ?

Something about...
- Call your U.S. Congressperson and say "allow competing currencies" ?
- Tell your friends, family, and neighbors to call, too ?
- Donate some additional time to the local living assistance charity of your choice ?
- Sell your damn boat ?
- Point out we reelected 80% of congress that had a 9% approval rating and say do your homework and become an educated voter ?
- Only vote for elected officials that pledge in writing to DECREASE government budgets?
- Only vote for elected officials that pledge in writing they will not deficit spend ?

---------

I wish he was more solutions-oriented sometimes,
even though there are no easy answers, and no way to avoid some pain.

How about,
Bring ALL of our men and women in uniform home tomorrow
use that savings to refund every cent of income tax for the last X years,
it may not be easily done, but is it really impossible?
Drastic change is coming any way you slice it, so fearing change is simply not an option.

RSLudlum
01-27-2009, 08:05 PM
I wish he was more solutions-oriented sometimes,
even though there are no easy answers, and no way to avoid some pain.

How about,
Bring ALL of our men and women in uniform home tomorrow

At the very least, bring home the Nat'l Guard troops that are deployed. Let them come back to their jobs (if they still have one :mad: ) and produce something of value here.

driller80545
01-27-2009, 08:45 PM
RP told them over and over again what has to happen, and what will happen if they continue on the present course. Of course it wasn't what they wanted to hear, so nobody did.

decatren
01-27-2009, 08:48 PM
was that Mika Brzezinski? :D

JS4Pat
01-27-2009, 09:14 PM
I like at the end that idiot has too through in "at least Obama is trying to move forward. The moron didn't hear a word Paul said. Obama is actually moving backwards.

Same thing I was thinking.

What a freakin DIP SHIT!!! Ron Paul lays it all out to where the talking heads are actually starting to see the light and then this guy ruins it with some nonsensicle comment about Obama looking forward.

This is still a GREAT VIDEO. Spread it far & wide...

2young2vote
01-27-2009, 09:43 PM
This is one of his best interviews i have seen. I don't mean the people interviewing him were fair, i just mean that he was totally focused and like others have said "ON FIRE!!!!" Watching this video really got me pumped.

Arklatex
01-27-2009, 10:02 PM
Nice to see our Digg Muscle begin to flex!!

They can't outlast us all =) If you haven't dugg and commented on this one get to it! Jump on the dogpile guys call a big attention to this video.

Raul08
01-27-2009, 10:12 PM
I think he may have shifted their views a little bit.

Great Video. He has gotten a lot better at TV spots.

Join The Paul Side
01-28-2009, 12:57 AM
Ron Paul owned every single one of them. OWNED. :D

He bitch slapped them with knowledge. :)

raiha
01-28-2009, 01:32 AM
It's like he gets taken over by Lakshmi the Goddess of Fortune when he speaks. Or Jambala.

blocks
01-28-2009, 05:37 AM
President Paul hit a home run. Damn, he's good at explaining the mess & solution. I like at the end that idiot has too through in "at least Obama is trying to move forward. The moron didn't hear a word Paul said. Obama is actually moving backwards.

Oh I know! I watched this live. That last line pissed me off so much.

Deborah K
01-28-2009, 01:27 PM
I heard it...I hope few people listening noticed it or few people listening will make a big deal out if it

By the way I respect Dr. Paul very much so I would never LOL at him

Just so you're clear on this, I wasn't laughting AT Dr. Paul. I was laughing because Obama's name is so close to Osama's name that clearly, this will be a mistake often made by people. And as someone else aptly pointed out, Osama set out to destroy our economy much as he did the Soviet Union's economy. It appears Obama will inadvertently (perhaps) do the same thing.

qh4dotcom
01-28-2009, 02:50 PM
Just so you're clear on this, I wasn't laughting AT Dr. Paul. I was laughing because Obama's name is so close to Osama's name that clearly, this will be a mistake often made by people. And as someone else aptly pointed out, Osama set out to destroy our economy much as he did the Soviet Union's economy. It appears Obama will inadvertently (perhaps) do the same thing.

:)

I thought that most people were aware of the similarity between Obama's name and Osama's name.

Here's someone from the Bush administration calling Obama Osama and getting booed about it...LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=outOsZeCdOA

libertea
01-28-2009, 07:20 PM
I like the part about if no one will take the debt then it is not worth anything and don't dump it on the taxpayers.

hazek
01-29-2009, 02:19 PM
If I want to be subjective about this interview, I'd say Ron did great. He was on fire and hit it out of the park.

But if I am being objective about it, he failed with this interview with reaching through to the audience in the moment where he was asked "what would you do, to solve this". Cause what I think the general problem is that people think government is suppose to solve it somehow, save everyone from going bankrupt and keep their fantasy world of a free meal a live.

What he should have said very slowly and loud and clear is "I would let everyone fail. All the malinvestment die. All the bad companies die. I wouldn't do a damn thing about it cause it can't be saved. It' a fantasy world and it just can't be saved. Period. The only way we are going to recover quickly and with little as possible pain and agony is by taking the pill now, just swallow the medicine and let it work. It will taste bad, but it's the only cure. And when it's over people can start rebuilding and producing and working again and we can once again become a prosperous nation."

And when the media hacks start going "oh but what about the unemployed".

He should argue the drug addict metaphor and just ask why not try the opposite of what's been done so far and clearly hasn't worked?

Although I love the man, until he can communicate like that, he's message simply won't get through. Anyone can point fingers and people hate it. People want solutions and Ron should be working really hard on understanding his.

Conza88
02-11-2009, 10:14 AM
I Eat, While Ron Paul Verbally Ass Pounds MSNBC Morons (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ak-qmJeTAVw)

LMFAO.. :D