PDA

View Full Version : Canada's version of IRS - Pay your taxes dammit!

Anti Federalist
01-27-2009, 09:25 AM
Canada's version of the IRS is running a YouTube contest for videos telling people how wrong it is to "participate in the underground economy".

Watch it here. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnzLLC0Gi6g)

Of course, comments and ratings are turned off for this video.

This needs to be duplicated on another upload with ratings and comments on, I'd love to see what would be posted.;)

decatren
01-27-2009, 09:32 AM
this is the most pathetic piece of propaganda i've ever seen.

TonySutton
01-27-2009, 09:51 AM
Some liberty loving Canadian should start a counter contest showing why these taxes are bad.

Anti Federalist
01-27-2009, 11:51 AM
Clay Trainor or Danno...you up for it?

Some liberty loving Canadian should start a counter contest showing why these taxes are bad.

constitutional
01-27-2009, 11:56 AM
Those french are really retarded.

ClayTrainor
01-27-2009, 11:57 AM
I'm on it Anti-Fed. Im gonna upload this to my channel and allow people to comment and rate.

We should put together a video and submit it.... It will never win, but maybe we can get it to go viral, and counter this pathetic attempt to brainwash people into being slaves.

Anyone got a good video concept idea, for a submission? I'm drawing a blank right now...

Anti Federalist
01-27-2009, 12:02 PM
Good man!

Post the link when you're done, we'll get it out there.

I'm on it Anti-Fed. Im gonna upload this to my channel and allow people to comment and rate.

We should put together a video and submit it.... It will never win, but maybe we can get it to go viral, and counter this pathetic attempt to brainwash people into being slaves.

Anyone got a good video concept idea, for a submission? I'm drawing a blank right now...

ClayTrainor
01-27-2009, 12:17 PM
Boom!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0q3ivuI3l24

Comment and rate away!

AutoDas
01-27-2009, 12:29 PM

Critique envy. That's what they're advertising. They say you're supposed to feel upset that someone is paying their "fair share" but people are just upset to see people cheating the system and would rather see them fall than succeed.

Anti Federalist
01-27-2009, 12:31 PM
Boom!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0q3ivuI3l24

Comment and rate away!

Done.

You got this up at PPF yet?

ClayTrainor
01-27-2009, 12:43 PM
Done.

You got this up at PPF yet?

nope, go for it ;-)

If you're not gonna, let me know, cause i will

Freedom 4 all
01-27-2009, 01:20 PM
*shudder* this makes me ashamed to be a Canadian. Sadly this actually is a mentality held by most people where I live. Just the other day I got into an argument with a dude at the electronics shop when I mentioned that the tax on my tv was nearly a quarter of the sticker price. He said that he loves high taxes and it means it's a good country if the taxes are high.

Anti Federalist
01-27-2009, 01:28 PM
nope, go for it ;-)

If you're not gonna, let me know, cause i will

Done.

http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=82402.0

HOLLYWOOD
01-27-2009, 01:35 PM
LOL! I presume the Terrorist Organization called the: U.S. Treasury taught Canada how to FLEECE the Sheeple?

What sux, the American TAXPAYERS, probably paid for Canada's financial tyranny "programming"

This is EXACTLY like the WARSAW PACT countries controlled by the Communistic commercials on TV. Turn people dealing with balck market, cash only, not reporting taxes and "GET A MEDAL"

MEDAL of BRAVERY
MEDAL of HONOR
MEDAL of SNITCH
MEDAL of TYRANNY!

we've come a full 180 degrees!

Freedom 4 all
01-27-2009, 01:46 PM
I worked this out when commenting on youtube:
We should make a rap that contains this gist, but rhymes. I suck at rhyming so someone else needs to do it.

The dialogue would go something like this
"Okay, check this out, I'm a super hip suit wearing white guy who steals your money. I need you to cheerlead me on yo so I look all legitimate to your peeps guy. Cause if you don't, they may just realize that there's more of them, then there is of me."

The video would be a dude in a suit rapping to a young teenage voter, handing him pom poms, making him get on his knees and worship him, etc. The young guy then goes and leaves and then returns with a whole pile of friends to chase the tax dude away.

ClayTrainor
01-27-2009, 04:38 PM
We should make a rap that contains this gist, but rhymes. I suck at rhyming so someone else needs to do it.

"Okay, check this out, I'm a super hip suit wearing white guy who steals your money. I need you to cheerlead me on yo so I look all legitimate to your peeps guy. Cause if you don't, they may just realize that there's more of them, then there is of me."

The video would be a dude in a suit rapping to a young teenage voter, handing him pom poms, making him get on his knees and worship him, etc. The young guy then goes and leaves and then returns with a whole pile of friends to chase the tax dude away.

Ha!

That's really not a bad idea at all, if only i coudl rap :o

roho76
01-27-2009, 04:47 PM

That is awesome.

I was thinking to just flood them with video snippets of all the government officials that think this is a good idea. The more embarrassing the better.

qh4dotcom
01-27-2009, 06:44 PM
Canada has higher taxes than the US

the Federal top income tax rate is 29%...applies to income over C$126,000 unlike the US which starts at about $350,000

You also have to pay the provincial income tax which varies by province...every province has one unlike Florida, Alaska, etc....so the wealthy pay between 39% - 48%

If you're a poor Canadian then the lowest federal+province tax bracket is 19% - 27% which varies by province.

Oh well...at least Canada doesn't have a ridiculous foreign policy and is not wasting trillions all over the world.