PDA

View Full Version : Madagascar protestors set fire to oil depot and TV Station

RSLudlum
01-26-2009, 07:50 PM
Nevermind the avian flu. Revolution is in the air!! Iceland, Greece, Madagascar.... Don't forget to get your FDA-approved "Revolu-shot" or you may be next! ;)

Thousands of protesters demanding new government in Madagascar set ablaze state TV station

By Associated Press
2:20 PM EST, January 26, 2009

ANTANANARIVO, Madagascar (AP) — Thousands of demonstrators demanding a new government in Madagascar took to the streets Monday and set the country's state broadcasting complex on fire to protest the apparent shutdown of the opposition's radio station.

Witnesses said protesters also set fire to an oil depot and a private TV station linked to the president. Opposition leader Andry Rajoelina said two protesters were killed, but he did not give details and there was no immediate confirmation.

President Marc Ravalomanana's office accused Rajoelina of promoting the government's overthrow and declared the government would act decisively to "restore order" on this Indian Ocean island off Africa's southeast coast. The opposition radio station went off the air soon after.

rest of article here (http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/world/wire/sns-ap-af-madagascar,0,3644053.story)

torchbearer
01-26-2009, 08:10 PM
Is it the prozac in the water supply that keeps us at our computers?

RSLudlum
01-26-2009, 08:14 PM
Is it the prozac in the water supply that keeps us at our computers?

No way, you're kidding right!! And all this time I thought it was the masturbatory intellectual circle jerk discussions we have here. :p

torchbearer
01-26-2009, 08:25 PM
No way, you're kidding right!! And all this time I thought it was the masturbatory intellectual circle jerk discussions we have here. :p

then maybe we don't feel like dying for all the useless lemmings in our country?
What is going on really pisses me off... but at the same time, the people in this country begged for it. They really wanted it.
Our government is but a reflection of the virtues of its people.

Just give us one state to go and be unmolested by government, and they can have their slavery.