PDA

View Full Version : 70000+ fired in Corporate America today alone!

Chomsky
01-26-2009, 06:20 PM
This country is finally paying the price for its excessively luxurious lifestyle. If you, the reader are eating multiple meals a day and has a safe place to sleep every night, you are doing better than half of the world's population.
Now that said, liberals continue to proclaim that Obama is coming in as the savior at a time when the times call for one of his popularity. He is going to be able to gut this service economy with vengeance. What the 70,000 plus in corporate America are suffering through right now is a transition of the economy from a service economy, which was formerly a producing economy, now into an economy fueled by government employment and steep taxes and devalued currency. This is not going to happen overnight. And that is the trick because that is what most people are waiting to wake up to one shining morning. The news cycle in this country moves at warp speed, so even a relatively fast move into an inflationary depression seems like a gradual occurrence.

I am starting to wonder if the window is closing and the time is approaching where "save yourself" mentality soon sets in.

Chomsky
01-26-2009, 07:15 PM
in this era Olbermann and Maddow are SO dangerous! We need to realize that, and I'm sure most on this board already do, but what can we do about it?

Anti Federalist
01-26-2009, 07:17 PM
The only two jobs in the new Amerika: guard or convict.

Chomsky
01-26-2009, 07:22 PM
The only two jobs in the new Amerika: guard or convict.

How sad is that...really!

ihsv
01-26-2009, 07:29 PM
Don't worry too much. There are hundreds of millions left to go yet

rational thinker
01-26-2009, 07:32 PM
in this era Olbermann and Maddow are SO dangerous! We need to realize that, and I'm sure most on this board already do, but what can we do about it?

You know it's ironic you say all of this with that username. ;)

qh4dotcom
01-26-2009, 08:15 PM
99% of those 70,000+ who lost their jobs voted for McCain or Obama

Can't say I feel sorry for them when they just screwed me as well as themselves for the next 4 years with their vote.

Chomsky
01-26-2009, 08:20 PM
99% of those 70,000+ who lost their jobs voted for McCain or Obama

Can't say I feel sorry for them when they just screwed me as well as themselves for the next 4 years with their vote.

First, how do you know this.

Second, if you have lost the sympathy for the suffering for your fellow man, I'm not sure why you are a Ron Paul supporter.

qh4dotcom
01-26-2009, 08:28 PM
First, how do you know this.

Second, if you have lost the sympathy for the suffering for your fellow man, I'm not sure why you are a Ron Paul supporter.

99% of Americans voted for McCain or Obama...3rd party candidates got about 1%.

I'm not hearing anyone from that 99% say "I'm sorry that I voted for the wrong candidate. I promise that in the next election I won't vote for the wrong candidate and his wrong policies and I'll vote for a candidate who will take his oath of office seriously and keep his promise to uphold and defend the Constitution"

I haven't lost sympathy for fellow Ron Paul supporters...here you go

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=174173

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=1912160&postcount=71

Isaac Bickerstaff
01-26-2009, 09:49 PM
Sympathy only goes so far before you lose patience.

Nate K
01-26-2009, 09:49 PM
99% of Americans voted for McCain or Obama...3rd party candidates got about 1%.

I'm not hearing anyone from that 99% say "I'm sorry that I voted for the wrong candidate. I promise that in the next election I won't vote for the wrong candidate and his wrong policies and I'll vote for a candidate who will take his oath of office seriously and keep his promise to uphold and defend the Constitution"

I haven't lost sympathy for fellow Ron Paul supporters...here you go

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=174173

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=1912160&postcount=71

wrong. 61% voter turnout (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voter_turnout_in_the_United_States_presidential_el ections), it is only within this percentage that 99% voted for the two.

Nate K
01-26-2009, 09:51 PM
It's actually roughly 44% that came out to vote, considering the 61% is taken from the Voting Age population. So 99% of America voting for Obama or Mccain is false.

qh4dotcom
01-26-2009, 09:57 PM
It's actually roughly 44% that came out to vote, considering the 61% is taken from the Voting Age population. So 99% of America voting for Obama or Mccain is false.

You're right...the 99% I referenced were the Americans who actually went to the polls and voted

Also don't forget that there are people who didn't have time, couldn't vote or were too lazy to vote but if they had the chance they would have voted for McCain or Obama.

Ready2Revolt
01-26-2009, 10:11 PM
I voted Ron Paul, and might actually be one of the 70,000. 24% of my department is going to be laid off by the end of the quarter. As a matter of fact everyone in my building voted Ron Paul except for the manager. Not sure where the 99% comes from.

qh4dotcom
01-26-2009, 10:21 PM
I voted Ron Paul, and might actually be one of the 70,000. 24% of my department is going to be laid off by the end of the quarter. As a matter of fact everyone in my building voted Ron Paul except for the manager. Not sure where the 99% comes from.

130+ million people voted...the 3rd party candidates got about 1+ million votes...that is about 1 percent....the remaining 99% are the sheeple who voted for McCain and Obama and their wrong policies.

I sure hope you and your fellow pro-Ron Paul coworkers get to keep their jobs.

Chomsky
01-27-2009, 12:28 AM
Ok you're right, lets all get along...

This is how we can do it...

Go protest at you local police precinct...sometime in the next week

Didn't think so...

If I'm wrong post the video...I know I won't