PDA

View Full Version : Outreach: Become an editor for Topix.com and affect the news!

H Roark
01-26-2009, 02:47 PM
This is a well laid out website that displays up to the minute user submitted news relevant to whatever topic your searching on. You don't even have to be registered to comment on articles. I found out that you could apply to be a topic editor, so this is would be a good opportunity to be able to inject some CFL articles and the like to be read by a grip of people.

http://www.topix.com/member/editor-application?node=us/politics

Every day, over a million readers visit Topix get the scoop on their local news and favorite subjects. Topix does what other news outlets are afraid to do. We put the power to make news in your hands. If you are up to the challenge, we've got the tools.

Topix Editors are an elite group of users that post interesting and relevant articles to share with their communities. Editors receive special tools enabling them to find and promote stories on pages that are read by millions of users. Editors can even post their own original articles and photos.

Anyone with a passionate interest for news in their community is encouraged to submit an application.

IPSecure
06-19-2009, 09:00 AM
Blimp

angelatc
06-19-2009, 11:08 AM
This is a good idea. Topix usually gets pretty good ranking in search results.

t0rnado
06-19-2009, 11:30 AM
I sent in my application

EDIT: I just got an email informing me that I was approved.