PDA

View Full Version : The Sociopath Next Door [Real Understanding is Predicated on This]

itsthepathocrats
01-26-2009, 02:16 PM
http://www.amazon.com/Sociopath-Next-Door-Martha-Stout/dp/076791581X

"[Dr.] Stout says that as many as 4% of the population are conscienceless sociopaths who have no empathy or affectionate feelings for humans or animals. As Stout (The Myth of Sanity) explains, a sociopath is defined as someone who displays at least three of seven distinguishing characteristics, such as deceitfulness, impulsivity and a lack of remorse. Such people often have a superficial charm, which they exercise ruthlessly in order to get what they want. Stout argues that the development of sociopathy is due half to genetics and half to nongenetic influences that have not been clearly identified {I call these nongenetic influences "Ponerization" or "to be Ponerized"}. The author offers three examples of such people, including Skip, the handsome, brilliant, superrich boy who enjoyed stabbing bullfrogs near his family's summer home, and Doreen, who lied about her credentials to get work at a psychiatric institute, manipulated her colleagues and, most cruelly, a patient. Dramatic as these tales are, they are composites, and while Stout is a good writer and her exploration of sociopaths can be arresting, this book occasionally appeals to readers' paranoia, as the book's title and its guidelines for dealing with sociopaths indicate."

Truth Warrior
01-26-2009, 02:20 PM
Inside the Mind of a Sociopath (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=147850&highlight=sociopath)

itsthepathocrats
01-26-2009, 03:35 PM
Inside the Mind of a Sociopath (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=147850&highlight=sociopath)

I was unaware of the existing thread, which is excellent by the way. I've just posted there.

This material is crucial to being able to understand how someone can systematically plan and execute the type of system that we are now living-in. Until one understands the sociopath and how they ponerize normal humans, one will simply find it very challenging to accept much of the material revealing their plans, and will continue to "trust" those that they should not.

Truth Warrior
01-26-2009, 03:52 PM
www.ponerology.com (http://www.ponerology.com)

purplechoe
01-26-2009, 04:29 PM
Political Ponerology (A Science on the Nature of Evil Adjusted for Political Purposes)

http://www.amazon.com/Political-Ponerology-Science-Adjusted-Purposes/dp/1897244258/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1233009391&sr=1-1

InterestedParticipant
01-26-2009, 05:34 PM
This ties-in closely with the work of Edward Bernays (someone here recently posted a thread on the BBC Documentary called Century of Self), who worked with American Industry and the State to create a public that focused on Consumption rather than citizenship or humanship. This was clearly a major step toward ponerizing the population, getting them to care about material things that were not necessarily relevant to humanity or the practice of being "human beings." Once we started to give-up the importance of our humanity we were more easily manipulated, as we started to loose focus on the important traits of humanity (ie. empathy).

vonMises
01-26-2009, 06:30 PM
http://www.amazon.com/Sociopath-Next-Door-Martha-Stout/dp/076791581X

"[Dr.] Stout says that as many as 4% of the population are conscienceless sociopaths who have no empathy or affectionate feelings for humans or animals. As Stout (The Myth of Sanity) explains, a sociopath is defined as someone who displays at least three of seven distinguishing characteristics, such as deceitfulness, impulsivity and a lack of remorse. Such people often have a superficial charm, which they exercise ruthlessly in order to get what they want. Stout argues that the development of sociopathy is due half to genetics and half to nongenetic influences that have not been clearly identified {I call these nongenetic influences "Ponerization" or "to be Ponerized"}. The author offers three examples of such people, including Skip, the handsome, brilliant, superrich boy who enjoyed stabbing bullfrogs near his family's summer home, and Doreen, who lied about her credentials to get work at a psychiatric institute, manipulated her colleagues and, most cruelly, a patient. Dramatic as these tales are, they are composites, and while Stout is a good writer and her exploration of sociopaths can be arresting, this book occasionally appeals to readers' paranoia, as the book's title and its guidelines for dealing with sociopaths indicate."

I think it would kinda be funny being the child of Paulson, Bush, Bernanke, Bair, and all these other idiots when so many of us view them to be monsters or demons, and maybe even reptiles. I mean what must be going on in the mind of the Bush daughters when they see images of their father wearing a Nazi uniform, or to the least be described as "conscienceless sociopaths who have no empathy or affectionate feelings for humans or animals".

InterestedParticipant
01-26-2009, 08:27 PM
I think it would kinda be funny being the child of Paulson, Bush, Bernanke, Bair, and all these other idiots when so many of us view them to be monsters or demons, and maybe even reptiles. I mean what must be going on in the mind of the Bush daughters when they see images of their father wearing a Nazi uniform, or to the least be described as "conscienceless sociopaths who have no empathy or affectionate feelings for humans or animals".
It's most likely their children have the same biology as their parent. Additionally,
they are taught that they we are a different species, a sub-standard species.
They fear us, and they loathe us, and they mock our sub-standard intelligence.

Bottom line..... they could care less what the profane say, do or think, for they have
absolutely no respect for us.

lucius
01-26-2009, 08:34 PM
It's most likely their children have the same biology as their parent. Additionally,
they are taught that they we are a different species, a sub-standard species.
They fear us, and they loathe us, and they mock our sub-standard intelligence.

Bottom line..... they could care less what the profane say, do or think, for they have
absolutely no respect for us.

Agree, just because you do not think you are human cattle does not mean that others do not hold that belief.