PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding the new bin ladin tape

erblo
09-12-2007, 09:20 PM
The only time I post here is when I come across a criticism of Ron Paul that I can't fully respond to, so here's a new one.

Ron said famously in the first debate that the reason we were attacked was a result of our foreign policy decisions. In the new bin ladin tape, he states that there are only two ways to end the current war: either the terrorists keep fighting until they defeat us, or America converts to Islam.

This seems to take the wind out of our sails, I'm just waiting for someone to throw it in my face when I talk about Ron Paul. Bin ladin seems to be saying that even if we withdrew all our troops from around the world, they would still attack us because we (as a nation) are not Muslim.

How can I refute this claim when it comes up?

gtjwkq
09-12-2007, 09:32 PM
Well, with US adopting a non-interventionist policy, we would stop being their #1 enemy and main target of hatred, because we wouldn't be occupying muslim holy land anymore. Second, they're geographically far away and would have many other nearby countries to worry about "converting" to islam before reaching the American continent. :)

Assuming they take over a country, their ambition of establishing a muslim country is very anachronistic and counterproductive. Just like communism, it's a system that works poorly or not at all in the long run. So I don't worry so much about that.

iamso910
09-12-2007, 09:33 PM
If that is what Bin Laden said, or thinks, then it still doesn't pose a huge threat.

There have always been maniacs that want to take over the world, but what they need to get anything done is support.

With the US out of the region Al Qaeda would not be able to recruit significant numbers. This war has been a recruiting and fund raising boon for Al Qaeda.

If the US acted more as a beacon, then there would be strong resistance around the world to any groups targeting the US.

paulitics
09-12-2007, 09:38 PM
The only time I post here is when I come across a criticism of Ron Paul that I can't fully respond to, so here's a new one.

Ron said famously in the first debate that the reason we were attacked was a result of our foreign policy decisions. In the new bin ladin tape, he states that there are only two ways to end the current war: either the terrorists keep fighting until they defeat us, or America converts to Islam.

This seems to take the wind out of our sails, I'm just waiting for someone to throw it in my face when I talk about Ron Paul. Bin ladin seems to be saying that even if we withdrew all our troops from around the world, they would still attack us because we (as a nation) are not Muslim.

Because Bin Laden (if he's alive) needs to recruit people to commit suicide against us. The rantings of a madman mean nothing, if he can't recruit terrorists for Jihad. His recruitmant network relies on Muslims feeling moral justification for killing us based on our aggressions and occupation of their land. Our foriegn policy is defective

Mr. White
09-12-2007, 09:40 PM
Here's how it works. A small number of islamic fundamentalists DO want us dead and gone. They are a SMALL group. The support and power they get to be able to carry out that mission only comes when WE do soemthing to swell their numbers. Every civillian we kill aciddentally, pushes a family closer to the idea of attacking America. Eevery house we destroy pushes a farmer and his children closer to wanting to attack America. When they start rallying around that idea, you see more attacks.

It's comparable to the Ku Klux Klan in the early 20th century. You had a backwater group of racists willing to commit violent acts. Normal everyday folk who might not like black people, but certainly wouldnt want to kill them suddenly felt threatend by all the new rights being given to blacks. Suddenly the KKK, a fring group, had its ranks swelled by normal everydya people.

dude58677
09-12-2007, 09:53 PM

Sept 11, 1973 This is in another post.

tony.angelo
09-12-2007, 10:41 PM
Did I miss understand something when I heard that Bin Laden also recommended reading Michael Schurer's book in the most recent video? If that is accurate then I would suggest that Bin Laden is speaking to two different audiences: the weak and the intellectual.

iiguns
09-12-2007, 11:49 PM
I just would like to know, when did Osama start using "Just For Men"
Thats not even him. Just look at pics from 2001, its a joke.:mad: