PDA

View Full Version : A new way to get people to join the freedom movement

dude58677
01-25-2009, 03:12 PM
We should get meetup groups, campaign for liberty groups, libertarian party groups to have overnight parties. We could hold the parties in a private school with a gym and auditorium and we could show movies such as Patriot and play basketball in the gym.

I think we should stop spreading doom and gloom and get people excited instead.

Spike
01-25-2009, 03:38 PM
Yessir.

Ron Paul did say the revolution should be fun.

If it ain't a party, then don't count me in.

In addition to playing sports, showing movies, there should be dance competition for the kids, and make it a family event.

Revolutionaries and people in the movement should reach out to the mass of people, or else these people will go to government sponsored events and invest their time and energy in serving their interest and agenda.

Being confrontational is not the wise path to take. We should tie our bands with those in the slow-food movement, those who are growing gardens in their backyards and communities. Being self-sufficient and spreading the truth will definitely make the message of liberty more appealing to people who are otherwise fearful and may follow the message that the state is preaching.

ShannonOBrien
01-27-2009, 05:20 PM
This is a great idea! For RP republican parties they should do this too. I'll suggest it to my meet-up.

RonPaulVolunteer
01-27-2009, 05:24 PM
Great to foster biological growth too I bet...

raystone
01-27-2009, 08:06 PM
Parties are a great idea !

But I'm not taking my young daughter overnight to a gym full of unknown old men.

Maybe, instead, we can start with an ice cream social. :) Ice cream and toppings supplied, bring your own drinks. Even beer if you drink beer with ice cream, you freak.

dude58677
01-27-2009, 08:09 PM
Parties are a great idea !

But I'm not taking my young daughter overnight to a gym full of unknown old men.

Maybe, instead, we can start with an ice cream social. :) Ice cream and toppings supplied, bring your own drinks. Even beer if you drink beer with ice cream, you freak.

How about we have youth overnghts and overnights for older people? In addition, we have ice cream socials.:D

coyote_sprit
01-27-2009, 08:10 PM
Goddamn I just love watching Patriot in bigass auditoriums especially when Raystone's daughter is present.

Jeremy
01-27-2009, 08:10 PM
No drugs or alcohol allowed though D:

coyote_sprit
01-27-2009, 08:12 PM

And I was hoping to introduce some minors to gateway drugs and the power of peer pressure.

dude58677
01-27-2009, 08:15 PM

That's a real tough call. On the one hand we should be practicing what we preach on the other hand our clubs will be shut down in the process by police and it would give us a bad name in the eyes of the media and general public. Again, tough call.

Jeremy
01-27-2009, 08:16 PM
That's a real tough call. On the one hand we should be practicing what we preach on the other hand our clubs will be shut down in the process by police and it would give us a bad name in the eyes of the media and general public. Again, tough call.

Practice what we preach? :rolleyes: Have you seen Overview of America? Didn't you see the part about morals? :rolleyes:

dude58677
01-27-2009, 08:17 PM
Practice what we preach? :rolleyes: Have you seen Overview of America? Didn't you see the part about morals? :rolleyes:

Ok.

Conza88
01-27-2009, 08:19 PM
How about we have youth overnghts and overnights for older people? In addition, we have ice cream socials.:D

Ice cream socials? WTF :D

coyote_sprit
01-27-2009, 08:21 PM
Ice cream socials? WTF :D

I'm always talkative with a mouth full of ice cream. Aside from the fact that I don't eat ice cream.

Jeremy
01-27-2009, 08:23 PM
I'm always talkative with a mouth full of ice cream. Aside from the fact that I don't eat ice cream.

only commies don't eat ice cream :mad:

raystone
01-27-2009, 08:45 PM
Is it too late to send invites for a super bowl party for patriots ? With the game playing in the background, hatch the perfect plan together to restore the constitution.

Original_Intent
01-27-2009, 08:55 PM
So.....scaring the crap out of people isn't the best way to grow the movement? :D

raystone
01-27-2009, 09:01 PM
So.....scaring the crap out of people isn't the best way to grow the movement? :D

You mean has bringing up the trilateral commission and FEMA camps in casual conversation with others converted them to the freedom movement ? Not so much. :)

dude58677
01-27-2009, 09:01 PM
How about annual ski trips, spending days at amusement parks, pinics, bonfires, youth summer camps, golf tournaments, bowling tournaments, billiard tournaments, etc? Of course there will still be newsletters about the Constitution. We could do all these things while preaching freedom.

powerofreason
01-27-2009, 09:22 PM

Boo!

coyote_sprit
01-27-2009, 09:26 PM
only commies don't eat ice cream :mad:

I don't drink milk unless it's free range.

dr. hfn
01-27-2009, 09:46 PM
bump! great idea!