PDA

View Full Version : We built a group any idea how to keep them together?

rvkpa
01-25-2009, 12:37 AM
This might not matter to a lot of you, but this was a big win for us. We have all of the proxy votes, and this wednesday we are voting to dissolve our homeowners association. It's been a long hard road, but no private entity should have the right to levy taxes on or tell private citizens what to do with their property.

I just hope that we can convert some of our neighbors activism for liberty at this extremely local level into a more sustainable form. I'm sure the majority of them are just onboard to get their dues back and stop the bleeding, but the idealist in me sees the prospect of something more.

Ex Post Facto
01-25-2009, 12:41 AM
Awesome...I really believe this is how you win the fight of liberty. You fight it on the local level and eventually everything changes. The city, county, state, then the federal level. I think we sometimes focus too much on the federal level to make the changes. It's the local level that is most accountable to us.

phill4paul
01-25-2009, 12:48 AM
Awesome...I really believe this is how you win the fight of liberty. You fight it on the local level and eventually everything changes. The city, county, state, then the federal level. I think we sometimes focus too much on the federal level to make the changes. It's the local level that is most accountable to us.

This. Grats rvkpa!

Imperial
01-25-2009, 02:09 PM
Get an email list, and next look at some other issues that can be related to this. Probably should focus on taxation. And keep a solid vision on how a group can practically expand and take down one issue at a time.