PDA

View Full Version : Neo-evolutionary self-destructionism

LibertiORDeth
01-24-2009, 10:41 PM
I just created a new word to describe the belief that for the benefit of mankind the world should be destroyed, since I couldn't find a word for it anywhere. Does that work?
Neo-evolutionary describes the first part, being that this is the next step in the evolution of humanity, self-destruction describing the rest, in that the evolutionary step is self-destruction.
Libertarian viewpoint: Nobody has a right to violate the rights of others to promote their own self interest. Following, in life everyone has pain and most have pleasure. Some have more pain, some have more pleasure, some have less pain, some have less pleasure. Those with the most pain either choose to end their existence or continue on, in the hopes that the amount of pleasure will overtake that of pain. Life has existed on Earth for (last time I checked) between 3-4 billion years, and yet suffering still exists. I see no reason to believe it will be eradicated in the next 3-4 billion years. Thus, in order for life to continue on Earth, more people will experience pain, some without even experiencing pleasure (arguably). Those of us who wish to continue living have no right to do so, as it will continue others who don't want pain to experience it. Therefore, it is not only pointless for life to exist, but detrimental and for sure not pro-liberty. Anyone who supports the continued existence of humanity is, therefore, totally hypocritical if they consider themselves at all pro-freedom.
Can anyone counteract this, or is this an infallible argument? If it isn't I'll edit it until it becomes one.

M House
01-24-2009, 10:46 PM
Um okay well there's actually a Voluntary Human Extinction Movement you might wanna google before getting all dramatic. Concept is simple just stop breeding.

LibertiORDeth
01-25-2009, 03:14 AM
Um okay well there's actually a Voluntary Human Extinction Movement you might wanna google before getting all dramatic. Concept is simple just stop breeding.

Yeah... do I see any volunteers? That's not the point, since I'm not doing this for myself, but for war victims, murdered babies, etc.