PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone use Congress.org?

jrich4rpaul
01-24-2009, 09:03 AM
Is it legit? What are your experiences with it?

Thanks.

liberteebell
01-24-2009, 09:11 AM
No I don't, sorry.

But I love your RP quote!! I hadn't heard that one.

jrich4rpaul
01-24-2009, 09:39 AM
No I don't, sorry.

But I love your RP quote!! I hadn't heard that one.

It's from a good speech Ron Paul made in Prague
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLoDMv4XsWw

Ex Post Facto
01-24-2009, 02:36 PM
I use it...they send me pretty good bills that are important to vote on. I've even been contacted by local newspapers for an additional comment. It gives you the option to voice your opinion not only to senators and congressmen but also the media.

H Roark
01-25-2009, 01:39 AM
Yes I've used it several times and it works. Makes it easy to locate and send messages to your representatives.

hillbilly123069
01-25-2009, 09:02 AM
It's a direct email line to your reps.

nobody's_hero
01-25-2009, 12:06 PM
I think just about everyone uses it except Congress.

Then again, they haven't been listening to anything I've been sending them lately, regardless of the venue it gets sent.

EDIT: Well well. Maybe they do.

Thank you for contacting me regarding the salaries of Members of Congress. I appreciate hearing from you.

Pursuant to the Ethics Reform Act of 1989 (Public Law 101-194) and the Government Management Reform Act of 1994 (Public Law 103-356), Members of Congress received a 2.8% increase in pay in January, 2009.

This annual salary adjustment is based on a formula using changes in private sector wages and salaries as measured by the Employment Cost Index. This adjustment goes into effect annually unless Congress statutorily prohibits the adjustment; Congress statutorily revises the adjustment; or the annual base pay adjustment of General Schedule employees is established at a rate less than the scheduled increase for Members, in which case Members would be paid the lower rate.

Legislation that would prohibit the annual adjustment has not come before the Senate this year. I have never supported a pay increase for Members of Congress, and have always voted against them on every occasion they have come up.

If you would like to receive timely email alerts regarding the latest congressional actions and my weekly e-newsletter, please sign up via my web site at: www.chambliss.senate.gov. Please let me know whenever I may be of assistance.
Received 1/16/09

My original message as sent on December 23, 2008:

I oppose giving Congress a pay raise this year because Congress has not
faithfully obeyed/defended/supported the Constitution of the United
States.