PDA

View Full Version : Mark Cross may be a genius!

qwerty
01-24-2009, 01:27 AM
http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog.php?view=9025

wizardwatson
01-24-2009, 08:47 PM
First off, I never realized Mark was such an old fart (see CFL pic).

Secondly, why are we now getting focused on building bridges with the GOP when we aren't even properly networked ourselves yet?

I don't necessarily question everyones motives who wants to work with the GOP, but it reeks of opportunism when those people aren't really actively trying to network the movement.

If the liberty movement simply folds into the GOP it has failed.

Gosmokesome
01-24-2009, 09:03 PM
The liberty movement is larger than just the liberty minded people who seek to take over the GOP.

tonesforjonesbones
01-24-2009, 09:10 PM
I kinda figured he wanted a foot in that door...that's ok. Hopefully he won't get absorbed by the gop centrists. tones

heath.whiteaker
01-29-2009, 07:50 PM
I don't think he will.

David40
01-29-2009, 09:11 PM
All I know is I donated money to the guy based upon his sticking to his principles. He caved in and all I can say is I want my money back! :(

heath.whiteaker
01-29-2009, 09:31 PM
David if you look at election laws... you had to request that at the end of his run. He had to either pay outstanding debt with it or donate it to a not for profit.

Matt Collins
01-29-2009, 09:50 PM
Heath -

I agree with Mark's decision to drop out in order to get closer to Greer, but I do not agree that he should've given his support to someone who was working in an underhanded manner against Ron Paul. Also please note I have no ill will against Mark; I am not judging him necessarily, I just think it was an erroneous choice of action.

That being said, you are right, the GOP desperately needs us and we should be building bridges in whatever ways possible but without compromising our philosophical basis. Ron has set the perfect example for us, or sometimes called the "gold standard", in how to pursue forward within the political realm.

And it's interesting that you are now on the Tech Committee of your local GOP. I have been assigned a position as Chief Information Officer of my local GOP here in Nashville. I think that getting fellow Ron Paul Republicans into these types of positions are beneficial because they allow for upward mobility within the GOP. The ultimate goal of course is to change the country by changing the Party.

I wish the best to you in your county race. I hope that this recent situation in Florida will not be a major setback to the liberty movement.

qh4dotcom
01-29-2009, 10:19 PM
All I know is I donated money to the guy based upon his sticking to his principles. He caved in and all I can say is I want my money back! :(

I want mine back too

heath.whiteaker
01-30-2009, 09:28 AM
well hell in that case I want my tax money back.