PDA

View Full Version : Obama and Hypnosis

A. Havnes
01-23-2009, 11:42 PM
My mom sent me this link that studies how Obama uses hypnosis (a covert kind) in his speeches. It sounds like it's kind of out there, but glancing through the massive document, I think it might make a strong case.

Here it is: http://www.pennypresslv.com/Obama's_Use_of_Hidden_Hypnosis_techniques_in_His_S peeches.pdf And, yes, the apostrophe is supposed to be there.

Let me know what you think. It looks interesting.

Zolah
01-24-2009, 12:11 AM
Ah, hope-nosis...

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/8601/obamahopenosislx4.gif

I'm too skeptical to open the link, I just wanted to post the picture, sorry :p

zach
01-24-2009, 01:04 AM
I'm liking it so far..

I've often thought the same thing, but I couldn't quite get a finger on it.
I always thought it was weird that they were mesmerized by his repetitive words.

pacelli
01-24-2009, 01:12 AM
Excellent, the analysis is said to be based on Milton Erickson's techniques. I learned clinical hypnosis using Erickson, so I'll report back once I get through the text of the PDF. His techniques have had an impact on the development of several therapeutic techniques, including on modern day neurolinguistic programming (NLP).

sevin
01-24-2009, 09:14 AM
I've read this document and I highly recommend it to everyone here. The problem with a lot of skeptics of this is they think hypnosis means he has his listeners under complete control and can command them to do anything. It's not that extreme.

But there are methods you can use when speaking to people that will get them to listen to you more carefully and tend to agree with you more. Techniques such as pacing and leading, creating anchors, stacking language patterns, etc. are things salesmen have used for decades.

Read this, and you'll better understand why so many weak-minded people are utterly ga-ga over him, why women faint at his rallies, and why it's almost impossible to reason with people who support him.

JenH88
01-24-2009, 10:48 AM
http://www.aapsonline.org/newsoftheday/0089

The AAPS did an article on that last Oct... it's pretty clear from studying his speaches that he is using such conversational hypnosis techniques to invoke certain emotional responses which are beneficial to him..

ihsv
01-24-2009, 12:54 PM
My dad is a medical hypnotherapist. I'm sending the article to him to see what he thinks

forsmant
01-24-2009, 01:00 PM
A politician who wants people to agree with him! Its no wonder he is successful.

heavenlyboy34
01-24-2009, 01:20 PM
OP-do you think RP hypnotized us? :O

ItsTime
01-24-2009, 01:23 PM

He did with his stuttering technique ;)

A. Havnes
01-24-2009, 04:19 PM

Yeah, but I have a tendency to be hypnotized by the truth anyway. Obama's got nothin' on Ron Paul! ;)

My dad is a medical hypnotherapist. I'm sending the article to him to see what he thinks

Let me know - I'm very interested in his opinion.

tonesforjonesbones
01-24-2009, 05:28 PM
I wonder if it has to do with the Law field? I heard they take acting classes...it stands to reason they use psychology techniques because they have to convince a jury. I believe psy ops / black ops has been used on us for many years. Communism. tones

A. Havnes
01-26-2009, 10:08 PM
Bump!

VIDEODROME
01-26-2009, 10:12 PM
I've often thought the way he conducts his speeches resembles Evangelical speakers.