PDA

View Full Version : What should we do with Gitmo people?

socialize_me
01-23-2009, 04:14 PM
Well? Do we move them onshore on US soil, keep them in some offshore prison, give them trials, release them, what?

ClayTrainor
01-23-2009, 04:15 PM
Give them all a fair trial, and lock up the ACTUAL Criminals and terrorists, with incriminating evidence holding them in prison.

Let EVERYONE ELSE GO!

Especially my fellow Canadian, Omar Khadr

Deborah K
01-23-2009, 04:20 PM
I heard on the local news here that the worst of the worst are being sent to Camp Pendleton. Our reps are pitching a fit about it because our soldiers from here who are stationed in the middle east have families living there.

JohnJay
01-23-2009, 04:35 PM
Anyone who speaks against the American fascism machine should be rounded up and brought to the United States for a trial in the U.S. ? Why ?
What crime is it for citizens of the world to have the United States as your enemy ?

CasualApathy
01-23-2009, 05:34 PM
Give them all a fair trial, and lock up the ACTUAL Criminals and terrorists, with incriminating evidence holding them in prison.

Let EVERYONE ELSE GO!

what he said..

Kludge
01-23-2009, 05:39 PM
Take them to a mock-up city and call it New York City. Have all the agents within pose as civilians who are incredibly friendly and generous so that when the "combatants" are deported, they will praise the USA.

BeFranklin
01-23-2009, 05:39 PM
Well? Do we move them onshore on US soil, keep them in some offshore prison, give them trials, release them, what?

Let them bunk in the white house :D

kombayn
01-23-2009, 05:45 PM
Close the prison down like they should and then give them a fair trail. 'Nuff said.

paulitics
01-23-2009, 06:58 PM
It's really not complicated, Follow the Constitution!

Johnnybags
01-23-2009, 07:09 PM
why not, no reason to be there anyway, another occupation.

TastyWheat
01-23-2009, 11:54 PM
You wouldn't expect anything less than fair treatment and a fair trial. We should extend nothing less to war criminals and terrorists. The neo-cons would love nothing more than to detain and imprison everyone until they're sufficiently sure you're not a threat to America and especially to their power.

idiom
01-24-2009, 12:10 AM
Declare them POWs. POWs are easy to handle.

Then shoot them for not wearing uniforms when captured.

Or just hold them in plain sight of the Red Cross till the end of time.

Seriously none of them know anything. The idea that interrogations will get anywhere is what is causing all the trouble.

qh4dotcom
01-24-2009, 12:10 AM
This is so freaking easy and doesn't have to cost millions....Hire several lie detection experts...if the experts determine someone is guilty then send them to a federal prison...if not deport them...no need for trials that take years and cost so much money.

idiom
01-24-2009, 12:16 AM
The are soliders of a para-national organisation. Treat them as such.

Bundle em up into camps and let them rot. No trials, no releases, just regular old war.

AmericasLastHope
01-24-2009, 12:47 AM
Tar and feather.

M House
01-24-2009, 01:11 AM
Um just release them unless we got a real terrorist them lets just him a real option his freedom to work for us. Seriously, though it's stupid we have a bunch of people detailed illegally, treated illegally, under a undeclared war. Why is there any debate? I could care less if there's a hand full more of terrorists released that hate us. I mean they know we torture them their families, friends, cohorts hate us with extreme disgust. What do we have to lose? They'll leak information we suck? You're think we'll get anymore useful information from people who have been tortured and outta contact with their leaders for years?

idiom
01-24-2009, 01:50 AM
Al Qaeda declared war back in the 90's.

I don't see why this is so hard.

M House
01-24-2009, 01:57 AM
I don't know I don't really like the idea of spending millions shipping around people for needless periods of time so the CIA can strap some electrodes to their testicles and water board them if they feel generous. Maybe you think this is money well spent but I could think of a few ways it would be better utilized.

AdamT
01-24-2009, 02:01 AM
Release them immediately. Then stand back because the lawsuits are gonna fly.

Jordan
01-24-2009, 02:21 AM
Give them trials. Thats supposed to be how we do business in the US so that's what we need to do.

M House
01-24-2009, 02:25 AM
Do you want to pay for their trials? What are their trials for? Do you want to allow the presentation of evidence gathered from forced homoerotic experience, electroshock treatment or the hydro-therapy?

jim70769
01-24-2009, 03:56 AM
It would be terrible if the ammo depot caught on fire or some country sent a missle into the cells