PDA

View Full Version : Report about the USC Rally

dseisner
09-12-2007, 07:03 PM
I arrived at 3, right before a girl sang a beautiful rendition of The Star Spangled Banner. Ed Griffin announced Dr. Paul (Whom I later spoke to and didn't even realize it was him! When he told me his name I knew I had read something by him...I realized what kind of jackass I was when 2 seconds later I remembered that he wrote The Creature From Jekyll Island!) Well, beyond me acting like a goof, it was a good event. The weather was nice and at the beginning of his speech, it looked like there were about 200 people there. That grew to about 500 (a lot of supporters, some interested parties/passer-bys). A local reporter from Fox 11 did a story and quoted those numbers. I thanked her for being fair and objective (whoa was she hot, I was about to hit on her then remembered my surroundings). I asked her name but I forget it now - somebody youtube Fox 11 news tonight. I got the great opportunity to shake Dr. Paul's hand and thank him (and I also mentioned Aaron Russo) for changing my life. That's a moment I'll remember forever and I hope it happens again. In 20 years I'll say, "I shook the hand of the great visionary, leader, and inspiration of the freedom movement, Ron Paul!" This is a great reason alone to attend a rally. Of course, Dr. Paul stuck around while supporters CROWDED him (people were VERY excited to meet him and take a picture and all). It looked like he stayed to meet everyone who wanted to meet him. There were some other small media outlets there and I think a lot of college kids at USC were influenced (a prime target).

This was the first political rally I've ever attended. All in all, it was a fun time and a decent turnout in "the middle of day on a motherf*ckin Wednesday!"

Others, please give your report...(especially if you were there early or later).