PDA

View Full Version : TEA PARTY February 1st - Denninger

Lucille
01-23-2009, 01:03 PM
TEA PARTY February 1st? (http://market-ticker.org/archives/732-TEA-PARTY-February-1st.html)

It is time for We The People to send a strong message to Washington DC - no more. No more loading our children and grandchildren with debt. No more bailing out speculators and bankers who made bets they knew were unsafe at the time. No more bailing out people who came to Congress to demand the removal of leverage limits, got what they asked for, then blew themselves up with the very leverage they demanded to be able to use.

No more.

Therefore, on February 1st, which is more than enough time for Barack Obama to be seated in his chair in the West Wing, I am recommending an act of peaceful, lawful and yet unmistakable protest.

That is, to mail President Obama one teabag. Nothing dangerous, nothing illegal - just one teabag.

Send one to your Congressman and one to each Senator.

Later, when the weather is a bit warmer and fountains are running water (rather than frozen!) this sort of protest can be repeated with LOOSE tea in select cities.

But for now, let's start with the symbolism, to be repeated each and every time our government votes or intends to do something similarly stupid - which I presume will include Obama's "stimulus" package.

If we all mail our teabags on February 1st, it will send a strong message to Washington. Include a copy of this Ticker, another Ticker related to the many bailouts (pick one!) or write your own letter condemning the fraud and abuse in our banking and financial system - with the teabag being your symbolic refusal to quietly pay for it.

Pass it around the blogs and email lists - its a bag of tea folks, and the obvious parallel to the Boston Tea Party of old should be instantly obvious to everyone who receives it.

Also: Boston Tea Party Calls for Bailout Tea Party (http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1411817/boston_tea_party_calls_for_bailout.html?cat=62)

slacker921
01-23-2009, 01:06 PM
oi.. that would send the DHS folks into a tizzy and I'm betting those letters won't be received or counted.

However, a scanned image of a tea bag printed out and mailed to them would slide right through and get the same message across.