PDA

View Full Version : Obama signs executive order to close GITMO

brandon
01-22-2009, 11:28 AM
Well, so far so good for Obama. I'm surprised he actually did this. If this is a repost feel free to delete the thread mods.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/LawPolitics/story?id=6707095&page=1

A. Havnes
01-22-2009, 11:41 AM
Yeah, there's another thread like it. I'm actually not surprised. Did we really expect the world to end overnight and the sheeple's confidence to falter so quickly? No, he's going to try and please his supporters, do some things that most people can agree to, and then the true colors will shine. He said he'd do this, and he's doing it to pander to his supporters. If he would have just up and formed his Gestapo-like forces, declared war at some other point of the Middle-East, ect. then there'd be no way his followers would still hold the wool over their eyes.

The Grinning Maniac
01-22-2009, 04:20 PM
That's a good move on his part. I was actually surprised to see that he ordered *other* CIA sites around the world closed too. I was expecting him to just close Gitmo as a token move. But this is good.

*golf clap*

gaazn
01-22-2009, 04:36 PM
Obama is the master of the shell game. He might close publicly known sites, but wonder how many secret shadow sites will take their place. Bye bye Iraq, hello Afghanistan-Pakistan.