PDA

View Full Version : LTE: My Obama Pledge

freedominnumbers
01-22-2009, 09:30 AM
In honor of the historic inauguration of Barack Obama I have made an Obama Pledge of my own.

I pledge to fight against government waste wherever and whenever I find it, even when it’s “just pennies”. I will stand against government interference, regulation and encroachment in my life and the lives of my neighbors whether it is local, state or federal. Never again will I idly bear abusive taxation which threatens to impoverish my family and community. No political party will ever come before my principles, for without principles even the strongest party is nothing. Group think will never enter my mind; all people are individuals of distinct character and achievement and deserve to be treated as such.

I pledge to champion the natural right of the individual to life, liberty and property. I will strive unapologetically to keep every cent created by my labor and dispose of it as I see fit and defend the right of my neighbor to do the same. I recognize that government cannot give anything to me unless it takes it from somebody else and so I will never ask the government to act for my benefit because I know that to do so is to harm my neighbors.

If you would like to join me in this pledge I’d like to hear about it. Every voice and every opinion matters.

http://brainflation.wordpress.com

SnappleLlama
01-22-2009, 09:31 AM
I pledge to send Ron Paul chocolate chip cookies every year!

liberteebell
01-22-2009, 09:34 AM
In honor of the historic inauguration of Barack Obama I have made an Obama Pledge of my own.

I pledge to fight against government waste wherever and whenever I find it, even when it’s “just pennies”. I will stand against government interference, regulation and encroachment in my life and the lives of my neighbors whether it is local, state or federal. Never again will I idly bear abusive taxation which threatens to impoverish my family and community. No political party will ever come before my principles, for without principles even the strongest party is nothing. Group think will never enter my mind; all people are individuals of distinct character and achievement and deserve to be treated as such.

I pledge to champion the natural right of the individual to life, liberty and property. I will strive unapologetically to keep every cent created by my labor and dispose of it as I see fit and defend the right of my neighbor to do the same. I recognize that government cannot give anything to me unless it takes it from somebody else and so I will never ask the government to act for my benefit because I know that to do so is to harm my neighbors.

If you would like to join me in this pledge I’d like to hear about it. Every voice and every opinion matters.

http://brainflation.wordpress.com

This is EXCELLENT! :D

heavenlyboy34
01-22-2009, 07:11 PM
I pledge to send Ron Paul chocolate chip cookies every year!

Make sure they're home-baked, with no weird artificial ingredients! :):D (and send me some too! ;) )

Rael
01-22-2009, 11:54 PM
+1

mt4rp
01-23-2009, 10:24 AM
Inspiring words

mellamojuana
01-24-2009, 07:49 PM
I have always been thrifty, careful, responsible re: $$.

My family and I have been so independent for so long that now my health is suffering because there is no help. Sometimes, we go for days without milk, eggs, and other food and things we need because I can't go to the store. I'm caring alone for two disabled family members with no help from gov't except their Medicare, which they have more than paid for in long lifetimes of taxpaying. I want to be independent, but I do not want to collapse, and I do not want any of us to go hungry.

I have asked both state and federal gov'ts for help because there is no one else. I have advertised to hire someone, but people either can't lift more than 8-10 lbs, or they prefer welfare over work, or they want us to pay for their health insurance, or they are illegal, or they want to come to sit and knit and be paid.

If the gov'ts can take care of thousands of healthy, young, strong, able-bodied Illegals, they can take care of the elderly citizens who still pay taxes to take care of those who are able to take care of themselves.

:confused:

If I were physically able to take your pledge, I would. I've done my part; I'm still pulling my weight and my family's. I'm not the Energizer bunny; I can't go forever. I want no judges.

freedominnumbers
01-27-2009, 03:45 PM
So far the letter has been published in 1 of 4 submitted papers.

1/4
http://www.remindernews.com/node/7/&town=easthartford&url=EASTH-2009-01-28-8-Ar00801 They editied out my intro line and changed group think to group thinking :(

freedominnumbers
01-29-2009, 09:17 PM
2/4
http://journalinquirer.com/articles/2009/01/29/letters_to_the_editor/doc498189df557a2660487600.txt