PDA

View Full Version : The biggest mistake I made:

parke
01-22-2009, 07:51 AM
I started a meetup with absolutely no political experience. The only organizational experience I had was being CEO of a show production company for a few years. (A very successful one at that)

When our meetup got quite a few members, our largest meeting had about 75, I turned to a local and said we should all show up at our county GOP meeting. The idea was shot down because 'We would freak them out.'

They say hind sight is 20/20 and I must agree. I learned young that an ego and not listening could put you at negative odds with success. What I learned from that was not taking charge when I should have cost me dearly. Im pretty pissed that I didnt have 50 people march up into a GOP meeting full of snooty rich folks. Damn right... I want them nervous. More than anything, I hoped to gain a level of respect and have the 'big tent' party accept a bunch of fresh, energized faces willing to volunteer, donate and become good Republicans.

After all the bullshit from the political establishment, 'conservative' blog sites and the media.. I got a simple question. Where the hell is our voice heard? The left is just a bunch of retards and the right is a bunch of hypocrites. Neither side really gives a shit about the country or average folks as long as their side wins. The left claiming deficits dont matter... Didnt Bush believe that?

Sun Tzu was right. Washington was right.

DIVIDE AND CONQUER.

From time to time it will take the blood of patriots and tyrants alike to secure our liberty.

JP2010
01-22-2009, 09:10 AM
At my local GOP meetings, the highest number there's ever been was MAYBE twenty.

Conza88
01-22-2009, 09:20 AM
"We would freak them out".

- Ok, I had to wait a few min before responding... but I'm still fired up.

You've got to be fucken kidding. If Thomas Jefferson was around - full knowledge of what America has become, in contrast to what it was. And that fck stain said that in his presence. I recon he'd either a) be speechless or b) go into a rage.

Probably B. Rome is about to burn. The titanic is about to sink. And someone is afraid they'll alert other citizens/passengers and freak them out, because there is a clusterf*#K going on... unbelievable.

parke
01-22-2009, 09:27 AM
At my local GOP meetings, the highest number there's ever been was MAYBE twenty.

We would have outnumbered them too... They would have had to make a decision right then and there to either accept us or turn us to their enemies. It would have been a tough call. We only had one truther and a couple nutty folks... no kidding.. we could have changed politics.

sucks ass.

parke
01-22-2009, 09:27 AM
"We would freak them out".

- Ok, I had to wait a few min before responding... but I'm still fired up.

You've got to be fucken kidding. If Thomas Jefferson was around - full knowledge of what America has become, in contrast to what it was. And that fck stain said that in his presence. I recon he'd either a) be speechless or b) go into a rage.

Probably B. Rome is about to burn. The titanic is about to sink. And someone is afraid they'll alert other citizens/passengers and freak them out, because there is a clusterf*#K going on... unbelievable.

as i said in the title.. worst mistake.

liberteebell
01-22-2009, 09:32 AM
Don't feel bad. I wound up being my meetup organizer because no one else would take it. I had no political experience and just thought everyone would involve themselves on their own. I couldn't have been more wrong. I should have leaned harder on everyone but I really didn't know what to push them into.

Now I know and I'm working to remedy that locally. Even so, it's still like herding cats...

ronpaulhawaii
01-22-2009, 09:47 AM
mistakes lose their meaning where lessons are learned.

onward and forward

slacker921
01-22-2009, 09:52 AM
NOW is the time to drag those people to the GOP meetings. Give the GOP one last chance. If they're still in denial and still trying to run you off then 2010 will be an even bigger loss for them.

.. we'll have our county and district conventions in the coming months. NOW is the time people can get into the local GOP and make a difference (if the local GOP wants that).

lucius
01-22-2009, 09:59 AM
I started a meetup with absolutely no political experience. The only organizational experience I had was being CEO of a show production company for a few years. (A very successful one at that)

When our meetup got quite a few members, our largest meeting had about 75, I turned to a local and said we should all show up at our county GOP meeting. The idea was shot down because 'We would freak them out.'

They say hind sight is 20/20 and I must agree. I learned young that an ego and not listening could put you at negative odds with success. What I learned from that was not taking charge when I should have cost me dearly. Im pretty pissed that I didnt have 50 people march up into a GOP meeting full of snooty rich folks. Damn right... I want them nervous. More than anything, I hoped to gain a level of respect and have the 'big tent' party accept a bunch of fresh, energized faces willing to volunteer, donate and become good Republicans.

After all the bullshit from the political establishment, 'conservative' blog sites and the media.. I got a simple question. Where the hell is our voice heard? The left is just a bunch of retards and the right is a bunch of hypocrites. Neither side really gives a shit about the country or average folks as long as their side wins. The left claiming deficits dont matter... Didnt Bush believe that?

Sun Tzu was right. Washington was right.

DIVIDE AND CONQUER.

From time to time it will take the blood of patriots and tyrants alike to secure our liberty.

You made no mistake; you are in action. Thanks for looking beyond yourself and doing something--press on...

JP2010
01-22-2009, 10:20 AM
We would have outnumbered them too... They would have had to make a decision right then and there to either accept us or turn us to their enemies. It would have been a tough call. We only had one truther and a couple nutty folks... no kidding.. we could have changed politics.

sucks ass.
The meetup I was in would outnumber the local Republican Executive Committee.

I need to get those people interested again. A vast majority of them gave up after Ron Paul lost in the primaries.

If I could bring them in, the people in the REC would be in shock. They would also be suprised at the ages of those in my meetup. I believe I was the oldest at 36. I'm probably the youngest active member of the REC, by at least a decade.

I think I know what I'm going to do next month :D

Conza88
01-22-2009, 10:41 AM
mistakes lose their meaning where lessons are learned.

onward and forward

QFT.

It ain't over by a long shot OP. :) No holds barred! :D

parke
01-22-2009, 04:38 PM
The meetup I was in would outnumber the local Republican Executive Committee.

I need to get those people interested again. A vast majority of them gave up after Ron Paul lost in the primaries.

If I could bring them in, the people in the REC would be in shock. They would also be suprised at the ages of those in my meetup. I believe I was the oldest at 36. I'm probably the youngest active member of the REC, by at least a decade.

I think I know what I'm going to do next month :D

Touche.. I screwed up by ending the meetup. After the primary alot of folks werent very happy and didnt come back.

I gotta say though... alot of folks did become involved and I still speak to a few. Give it about a year and once Obama falls flat on his face and folks will be wanting more Ron Paul kind of solutions.

Now that Im alot more stable, I cant wait until the next election. I know what I want to do...