PDA

View Full Version : Digg Dialogg: Ask John Boehner a question

V3n
01-21-2009, 07:08 PM
http://digg.com/dialogg/John_Boehner_1?FC=UASDJB1

Remember John Boehner? He's the "House Republican Leader" who among other things voted for the bailout (twice) and begged other Republicans to vote for the first one even after calling it a "crap sandwich".

My question:

How can one be a leader or ask others to call them a leader when one openly acknowledges a bailout bill as a "crap sandwich" and pleads other (stronger) members of Congress to vote FOR it? Wouldn't a true leader stand against a "crap sandwich"-bill until a better bill comes along?

V3n
01-21-2009, 07:54 PM
Oh... And I just read he co-authored the "No Child Left Behind" Act... This dude is AWESOME!!!!

V3n
01-21-2009, 08:06 PM
tee hee... fine, I'll just reply to myself all night long... :)

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=10000103&sid=a64ZIkmVPv_w&refer=us

"In 1995, Boehner handed out campaign checks from the tobacco industry to members on the House floor at a time when lawmakers were considering eliminating a tobacco subsidy."

The deeper I digg, this guy just gets better and better!!!

angelatc
01-21-2009, 08:13 PM
I'm there - I dugg you up without even realizing it was you.

V3n
01-23-2009, 06:58 AM
Today's the interview.

There will be a few questions that have to do with the Republican party returning to its roots, and one question names Ron Paul.

#9: What will you do to reach out to the Ron Paul republicans and like minded, libertarian leaning republicans?

His answer will of course be complete BS, still, may be interesting to watch...

Feenix566
01-23-2009, 02:14 PM
The video's up on Digg.

http://digg.com/dialogg/John_Boehner_1

Boehner is very disappointing to me. He's just another bad Republican. He's anti-gay rights. People ask him about controlling spending, and all he can talk about is earmarks. Earmarks account for a miniscule portion of federal spending. When we talk about controlling spending, we're not talking about controlling earmarks. We're talking about repealing Medicare. Boehner refuses to answer the simple question of whether or not waterboarding is torture. He apparently thinks that if marijuana were legal, people would be getting high and going crazy, running around the streets committing more crime.

The problem is that the Republican party is afraid to alienate their base, and their base are a bunch of morons who hate homosexuals, and drugs, and know nothing about the budget. But the Republican party can't win with just their base. They need a new base. They need to start appealing to young people. It's only a matter of time before they realize that. I don't think Boehner has realized it yet.

angelatc
01-23-2009, 09:59 PM
He's a neocon. He has neocon eyes.

So does the CJ of the SCOTUS, Roberts.

slacker921
01-23-2009, 10:19 PM
sigh... more evidence that the leaders of the GOP just do not get it. :(

... his answer to the 2nd question is just infuriating. Does he think we're that stupid? Earmarks?!? They worked with Bush to limit spending?!? What a joke.