PDA

View Full Version : A Return to Common Sense: Reawakening Liberty in the Inhabitants of America

Tom Mullen
01-21-2009, 05:26 PM
http://www.tommullen.net/sitebuilder/images/New_Picture-290x446.jpgAmerica finds itself in a time of crisis. For anyone remotely in touch with the state of our republic, there is a growing sense of dread that whatever is wrong is getting much worse much faster. Voters clamor for “change,” and politicians promise to deliver, but does anyone really know what changes are necessary, or even what changes they want? Is America still the land of opportunity? Is it still the land of the free? Do we still know what freedom is?

This book attempts to answer those questions. To do so, it goes back to the beginning to rediscover the meaning behind our most sacred words, and the truth about our natural rights. The answers that this book provides will surprise even the most informed reader, and will reveal the long-forgotten secret behind America’s former prosperity and greatness.

Get Your Copy Here! (http://www.lulu.com/content/5618680)

Tom Mullen is a writer, musician, and self-employed business consultant. He is a native of Buffalo, NY, where he earned a Master’s Degree in English at State University of New York College at Buffalo in 1989. Tom now resides with his family in Apollo Beach, FL. His writing and music are accessible on his blog at www.tommullen.net.

DirtMcGirt
01-21-2009, 05:31 PM
Welcome to the forums Tom...

Tom Mullen
01-21-2009, 05:35 PM
THank you! I just found it today. I am looking forward to meeting some great people here.

Deborah K
01-21-2009, 05:44 PM
Hi Tom, it's Deborah Robinet from the march. How've you been? Way to go on the book. Much good luck to you with it.

Tom Mullen
01-21-2009, 06:03 PM
How are you doing? I just found this site, it looks cool. I just finished this book and it really was the most satisfying thing I've ever done. I am looking for speaking/exhibiting opportunities to promote it, so let me know if you are involved in any. Let me know what else you are up to. Another march coming?

Deborah K
01-21-2009, 06:11 PM
Tom Porter and I are in the process of writing a book as well. It's on government intervention and the economy. It will be out in May or June, if all goes well. Did you ever meet Tom? He was on the core team and did a phenomenal job with our new websites. He lives in Germany.

I left Revolution Management Foundation soon after the march. Creative differences. Still love those guys though. I don't have plans for organizing any events in the near future but if that changes I'll let you know. I still have your email.

Really great to see you here. I love this place. I hang out here quite a bit. I've learned a lot from RPF people.

Tom Mullen
01-21-2009, 06:26 PM
I'm not sure I met Tom. I will definitely look for your book. I deal with a lot of economics in mine. I would say that mine tries to get the point across that liberty depends upon respect for property rights - more so for the poor and middle classes than for the rich (who do well in any system!). I have a long chapter called "The Economics of Liberty" that deals with intervention and its moral and practical downfalls, but certainly won't have the detail of a whole book. So, they may complement each other well! Keep in touch - I will do the same!

Deborah K
01-23-2009, 07:52 AM
Will do! Looking forward to reading your book, Tom!

Josh_LA
01-23-2009, 02:43 PM
How are you doing? I just found this site, it looks cool. I just finished this book and it really was the most satisfying thing I've ever done. I am looking for speaking/exhibiting opportunities to promote it, so let me know if you are involved in any. Let me know what else you are up to. Another march coming?

No kidding, what could be more satisfying than selling a book you wrote?

Should we read "Common Sense Revisited" first?

$5 a copy, ain't bad though!