PDA

View Full Version : Direct Mail from Ron Paul

Cowlesy
09-12-2007, 04:41 PM
Anyone else get the nice letter from the campaign? Very nice letter, it looks like they printed it using Ron Paul's handwriting. First class stamps and an excellent appeal to those who received them to keep supporting the campaign.

Great work PCC --- very nice letter!!

Spirit of '76
09-12-2007, 04:47 PM
Didn't get that yet, but some slimjims and bumper stickers finally came in today.

Huzzah! :D

Original_Intent
09-12-2007, 04:49 PM
Anyone else get the nice letter from the campaign? Very nice letter, it looks like they printed it using Ron Paul's handwriting. First class stamps and an excellent appeal to those who received them to keep supporting the campaign.

Great work PCC --- very nice letter!!

We can't all be maxxed out like you Cowsley :D I wish I could have donated more than the couple hundred I have so far. Hopefully another C-note by the end of the month.

Eli
09-12-2007, 04:53 PM
I got a thank you card from the campaign for the donations but I gotta say it kinda made my heart sink. I know they only spent about .50-.75 to send it and its a necessary gesture, but i still wish that money could of been spent on something other than thanking someone who is already a supporter. Every penny counts, and I want every penny to go directly to letting more people hear about ron paul not to some worthless piece of paper in my mail box.

I'd send him another $1 donation to make up for it, but i'm afraid they'd send me another card :)

McDermit
09-12-2007, 05:00 PM
I got a small postcard right after I donated for the first time. Then a few weeks ago, I got a typed up letter and a contribution form. That's it so far.

They should reallllllly look into a postage meter though. It would save money.

BuddyRey
09-12-2007, 05:02 PM
I also got the letter! I even recall tearing up a bit while reading it.

My 14-year-old sister, ever disdainful of politics and my near-obsessive interest in the campaign, sarcastically quipped "it must be from your lover Ron Paul." I would have threatened to strike flint on her braces if she'd not had them removed earlier that day.

Cowlesy
09-12-2007, 05:04 PM
We can't all be maxxed out like you Cowsley :D I wish I could have donated more than the couple hundred I have so far. Hopefully another C-note by the end of the month.

Haha there'd be no point in asking for donations from only people who are maxed out. I think it may have came because I actually wrote one paper check.

Maybe they're targeting folks who've written a check at some point in time.

I think the key for us is when new people come in this forum, WELCOME them in and make them enjoy the forum. Everyone here is bleeding themselves dry donating what they can, the more new people we can bring into the fold and get them to chip in $25, the better off the campaign will be.

Cowlesy
09-12-2007, 05:05 PM
I got a thank you card from the campaign for the donations but I gotta say it kinda made my heart sink. I know they only spent about .50-.75 to send it and its a necessary gesture, but i still wish that money could of been spent on something other than thanking someone who is already a supporter. Every penny counts, and I want every penny to go directly to letting more people hear about ron paul not to some worthless piece of paper in my mail box.

I'd send him another $1 donation to make up for it, but i'm afraid they'd send me another card :)

Haha, I donated $1 to Huckabee. Maybe he'll send me a bunch of stuff now---muhahahaha.

skiingff
09-12-2007, 05:08 PM
I'm definitely saving my $1,000 I have left to donate for when another Ron Paul fundraiser happens near me. So far I've given the campaign $1300. And also because I don't have another $1,000 to give right now...

MsDoodahs
09-12-2007, 05:09 PM
Haha there'd be no point in asking for donations from only people who are maxed out. I think it may have came because I actually wrote one paper check.

Maybe they're targeting folks who've written a check at some point in time.

Could be, I wrote a check at a local fundraiser early on.

Scribbler de Stebbing
09-12-2007, 05:12 PM
I didn't get it. :(

But actually, I don't want the campaign to spend money on me, not even the paper, postage and staff time for a letter. I'd be happy if they didn't even spend the money to send me the thank you postcards. How's that for grateful! :D

Eli
09-12-2007, 05:15 PM
thank you emails would be an idea!

Cowlesy
09-12-2007, 05:17 PM
I didn't get it. :(

But actually, I don't want the campaign to spend money on me, not even the paper, postage and staff time for a letter. I'd be happy if they didn't even spend the money to send me the thank you postcards. How's that for grateful! :D

I agree! Save every single nickel. At the same time, if the only way to appeal to some old-school folks who get all their info in the mail or TV and it raises cash---I'm all for it.

rajibo
09-12-2007, 06:05 PM
I received that today. Pretty cool, except they addressed it to Mrs.:mad:. I told them once before that I'm not a Mrs.

How do I convince them that I'm a man...:o

RP4ME
09-12-2007, 06:09 PM
I also got the letter! I even recall tearing up a bit while reading it.

My 14-year-old sister, ever disdainful of politics and my near-obsessive interest in the campaign, sarcastically quipped "it must be from your lover Ron Paul." I would have threatened to strike flint on her braces if she'd not had them removed earlier that day.

Step aside , ROn paul is mine!

Scribbler de Stebbing
09-12-2007, 06:11 PM
I received that today. Pretty cool, except they addressed it to Mrs.:mad:. I told them once before that I'm not a Mrs.

How do I convince them that I'm a man...:o

Heh, they have me as DR. Scribbler de Stebbing. My guess is that I didn't fill in the title, and somewhere along the way they assigned me the first alphabetically available title. Either that, or I've given enough to have earned an honorary doctorate. :cool:

inibo
09-12-2007, 06:41 PM
http://openqbl.org/preview/letter1.jpg

http://openqbl.org/preview/letter2.jpg

Now that everybody has gotten a copy of the letter, send more money.

:)

Actually, I have to wait for my next paycheck. Then it'll be another $100. I mean, gee whiz, Ron Paul sent me a letter. How could I refuse?

Corydoras
09-12-2007, 09:20 PM
[QUOTE=McDermit;184745]I got a small postcard right after I donated for the first time. Then a few weeks ago, I got a typed up letter and a contribution form./QUOTE]

That's strange, I've donated what feels to me like a fair amount, and I haven't gotten anything in the mail weeks later. Not that I think they should spend money on that! I'm going to donate again anyway!

I noticed that NOBODY in my zip code donated ANYTHING to ANY presidential campaign last quarter. That's even weirder. Maybe that flags our zip code as presidentially insignificant.