PDA

View Full Version : The Control Grid is Getting Tighter...

lucius
01-21-2009, 04:16 PM
I got rightfully jack-up by the police this morning. My inspection sticker/registration are from 2004. :p

I don't believe much in car registration nor inspections stickers fees, in fact if I keep hanging out here; I will probably start making my own license plates pretty soon, file them with the state, and get ready for that 'paper trip', like that sovern individual: sirgonzo420. I wish he post here more. [I do have a lot of information on this subject that I am just about to wade off into]

Note...all I have on me is cash, wrist watch and a harried attitude: no id, no proof of insurance (I do carry insurance on my cars though) and my license is expired with an address from several years ago in maybe a different city/state: I use a passport for id. When the young officer approached the car; my hands were at 10/2 on the wheel with fingers spread-out. It seemed to put him at ease.

In little while, he started joking with me about my lapses in 'keeping my papers in order'. He knew from his wifi in the car that I do carry insurance, have alternative vehicles, and the address that they are registered at. Wrote just two tickets for the inspection/registration expired. Very polite and cut me loose all within 10 minutes. Since this rp revolution, I have actively sought police to recruit to the cause at weekly poker etc...it is nice to have friends that are in blue--some cheat at poker though and have a blurred confused understanding between extorting minor boons from civilians through positional-power, and then equating it too a distorted quasi-freemaket behavior often called courtesy pay/special pricing. They seem to be inculcated to prey...

Long, short of it, got the car inspected, registration up to date, will fax to the shyster, who will catch a judge during a lunch, and it all goes away--little muss/fuss...much cheaper (about 40%) than paying five-years worth of yearly fees/registration. :)

kathy88
01-21-2009, 06:33 PM
Good on ya.