PDA

View Full Version : GOP: Freepers ready to wake up?!?

tron paul
01-21-2009, 11:56 AM
Looks like the Neocon Fundy (aka Free Republic) wing of the party is ready to wake up. :eek: That "W is the Savior" crap didn't work out so well for FreeRepublic.:p

Finally, the dead-ender fringe wing of the party begins to consider returning to its home base of small, Constitutionally limited government from the fever swamps of unlimited eternal warfare to protect Holy Israel and kill heathen Muslims.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2167716/posts [200+ Comments]
The Republican Party: It's time for a Revolt

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2167666/posts [300+ Comments]
JimRob: "now is the time to begin planning a conservative offensive movement.
How many of you would like to attend a two day conference symposium, er "FReepmeet" regarding taking back our country? It's been suggested that if we do this, it should be held in a central location or airline hub like Denver or Dallas so a maximum number of FReepers can attend. "

The CFL already had such a pow-wow and it was 100 times bigger and better than anything JimRob's broken, wretched, pissy Muslim-haters can do!

You all should have stuck with obeying the Constitution, instead of going on a Crusade for Biblical (Real Estate) Values and Muslim genocide.

JP2010
01-21-2009, 12:07 PM
I'd post there, were it not for being banned after the first Republican primary debates, when I said that I liked what Ron Paul had to say.

It's a good thing I didn't donate any money to freerepublic's "cause".

RonPaulFanInGA
01-21-2009, 12:20 PM
Freepers ready to wake up?!?

Nope.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2163393/posts

Generally, "FReepers" aren't very bright. How else can one explain their willingness to believe that site costs $320,000 dollars annually to run and donate as such to the site's shady grifter of an owner (http://www.freerepublic.com/~jimrobinson/)?

angelatc
01-21-2009, 12:41 PM
No way. They're not really interested in change - they will do nothing but spin their wheels on ways to devise methods of convincing people that they're right.

Oyate
01-21-2009, 01:10 PM
No way. They're not really interested in change - they will do nothing but spin their wheels on ways to devise methods of convincing people that they're right.

Totally agreed. It would be like us embracing Bob Barr (which sooooo didn't happen) just because he embraced 20% of the freedom platform. Big deal if they suddenly like small government. They are still racist, militant, socially conservative biggots.

tron paul
01-23-2009, 05:12 PM
Totally agreed. It would be like us embracing Bob Barr (which sooooo didn't happen) just because he embraced 20% of the freedom platform. Big deal if they suddenly like small government. They are still racist, militant, socially conservative biggots.

I had high hopes for Barr. I think he initially had the support of about 50% of us, before he blew it.

If we can get 50% of the evangelicals and other fundys of the Freeper type won over to the Revolution, that would be a huge influx of committed, vocal supporters.

Now is the time to get them, while they're desperate and looking for answers to the question of why their Neocon Gods failed.

If anything can compete with Israel in the mind of the Zio-vangelists, it's the Pro-Life platform. I'm willing to believe that about half of the Zio-fundies hate abortion more than they love Israel. That's our "in." That's how we win them over.

Now that Obama is bringing their nighmares to life, the sheeple have nowhere to stampede but into the Ron Paul corral.

Lovecraftian4Paul
01-23-2009, 05:39 PM
A lot of posters on Free Republic are the epitome of the dumbed down, war hungry neo-con who populate a good portion of the GOP's real life base. There are even posters on there screaming about Guantanamo being shut down. I really do believe it would be good for the Republican Party to get smashed one more time in 2010, just for good measure. Or better yet, if Ron Paul Republicans are the only Republicans to win office, while the mainstream neo-cons get destroyed.

tron paul
01-23-2009, 06:00 PM
A lot of posters on Free Republic are the epitome of the dumbed down, war hungry neo-con who populate a good portion of the GOP's real life base.

That's very true. Which is why it's so amazing and inspiring to see them suffering so much cognitive dissonance that SOME of them might have to change their minds.

I've seen one poster say that she's started wishing that she had supported Ron Paul.

How can we help that sentiment grow?

BeFranklin
01-23-2009, 06:23 PM
They aren't real evangelical fundamentalists, they are some weird mixture of mormons (ie orin hatch), roman catholics, and others, including apparently witchcraft believers, who would normally be preached against by evangelicals.

I was kicked off once for saying witchcraft was wrong, and a different time for challenging roman catholicism. This isn't a fundie board.

Anti Federalist
01-23-2009, 08:02 PM
Ugh, I hate wandering into that kludgy, fetid , difficult to navigate, fever swamp of delusion.

Here is typical snapshot, posted some by knothead by the name of El Gato:

Republican congressman Ron Paul says the US is aiding and abetting Israel in Gaza through its financial and military support for Tel Aviv. "The weapons being used to kill so many Palestinians are American weapons, and American funds, essentially, are being used for this," said the congressman Friday.

Makes me proud to be an American. At least in this case my tax money is going to something worthwhile.

71 posted on Monday, January 12, 2009 6:35:03 PM by El Gato ("The Second Amendment is the RESET button of the United States Constitution." -- Doug McKay)

And hundreds more like that.

According to them we are all anti Semitic, racist, tin foil hat wearing loons who would do everyone a favor by just curling up and dying.

Questions for these asshats: who lost?

Who so thoroughly destroyed the GOP brand that "your" guys died, big time, in November?

Who was one of the few GOP congressmen who didn't even have to compete in the general election since no one ran against him, because it was losing proposition?

How many neo-con assholes can make that claim?

liberteebell
01-23-2009, 08:32 PM
That's very true. Which is why it's so amazing and inspiring to see them suffering so much cognitive dissonance that SOME of them might have to change their minds.

I've seen one poster say that she's started wishing that she had supported Ron Paul.

How can we help that sentiment grow?

By doing an end run around them. If you have the time and stomach for visiting there.

I would suggest going over there and posting articles against the bailouts and stimulus packages, about sound money, about the deficit, deficit spending, about how the inflation tax works, how broke we are and those types of things. Never directly sourcing Ron Paul's stuff but there are plenty of other sources from which to draw.

Once someone begins to understand that it's all about the money, they see the world through very jaundiced eyes.

Lovecraftian4Paul
01-23-2009, 08:51 PM
I agree that posting there (if you can stand it) on economics is the best policy for now. If you ever get an idea of how to pry a "mainstream" Republican away from belligerent interventionism and cowering from imaginary terrorists, you win the $64,000 prize.

Lovecraftian4Paul
01-23-2009, 11:08 PM
Just another juicy tidbit of unrestrained barbarism that characterizes a good many of the Freepers.

On the subject of Obama shutting down Guantanamo Bay's prison camp, one of them wrote:

"Take no prisoners on the battlefield. Kill all suspected enemies."

This will be clarifying for our Men in the Field. All in all, it is correct to kill illegal combatants; they have no rights, kill them. Legal mumbo jumbo after the fact is quite useless, especially now.
8 posted on Friday, January 23, 2009 5:25:06 PM by Uncle Miltie (Dissent is Patriotic. Palin 2012!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]