PDA

View Full Version : Other Responses to the Speech

A. Havnes
01-21-2009, 09:16 AM
This where we post the sheeple's responses and wonder how on Earth to reach them!

Here's a few I found while arguing.

"It was fantastic and I was awe-struck most of the time. I loved Obama's speech. That speech said to me " I mean business". I was very happy to see how he listed problems that America and the World are facing. He covered some of the most important topics. He was very direct, he didn't mince words and I was very inspired. If he lives up to that speech, I'd be very happy."

"Obama has a tough task ahead and nobody knows that better than him. But I'm very hopeful that he will help the US and the World to help deal with its problems and solve them.

He's a ray of hope. I've read a LOT about him of course, watched him a lot too, but yesterday inspired me. Good luck Mr. Obama!"

"Overall i personally thought Barack Obama gave a very good speech, he managed to do quite a lot with it. The main one being to temper expectations that people have of him and to extend his hand to the world in a positive but firm fashion. I'm still laughing at the Chief Justice fluffing the oath of office and Obama correcting him."

"I like the idea that Big Government vs. Small Government is a fallacious argument. Sure, we'd like government to be smaller, but it's more important that government is done well.

Obama laid down the law on Islamic extremists too. As long as we're approached in good faith, we'll be friends. But he did warn those that won't meet us halfway.

Good luck and Goddessspeed Mr. Obama."

"I was in school when the Inauguration was on but every TV in the entire school district had it on. We began the new semester today so we had time (and my mom complained to the school that we should be able to watch a historic event). President Obama's speech was really thought out. I liked how he made a reference to just about every problem or issue we have and how we need to fix it. I was actually really unable to explain, when asked, what emotions I was going through because there were so many. I was glad to have the chance to watch a majority of it."

I'm officially sick now. So, how do we reach the people with this kind of mentality?

SnappleLlama
01-21-2009, 09:18 AM
Is it close-minded of me to believe that there's just no way to reach these people? I guess I've lost my faith in humanity. I never had much faith to begin with, though. :(

LibertyEagle
01-21-2009, 09:46 AM
:( So many are mesmerized by Obama. I'm thinking of someone I know, who totally shocked me yesterday with her defense of Obama. I just feel kinda sick. It's almost like people are under his spell.

georgiaboy
01-21-2009, 10:05 AM
The pomp of it all is still in the air, and people want to be jubilant and hopeful and give the benefit of the doubt on day 1.

Wait a while, the tune will turn.

There's a time for everything under the sun.

heavenlyboy34
01-21-2009, 10:11 AM
Bunchies was not impressed with the speech at all. http://www.wildpixels.com/bunchies/Images/bunchies_clear1.gif He eagerly anticipates RP's next move. ;):)

SnappleLlama
01-21-2009, 10:14 AM
Bunchies was not impressed with the speech at all. http://www.wildpixels.com/bunchies/Images/bunchies_clear1.gif He eagerly anticipates RP's next move. ;):)

Bunchies always knows!!:D:D

vodalian
01-21-2009, 10:31 AM
The pomp of it all is still in the air, and people want to be jubilant and hopeful and give the benefit of the doubt on day 1.

Wait a while, the tune will turn.

There's a time for everything under the sun.

What scares me though is what will Obama have to fuck up before the spell is broken? What will it take for people to pay attention? The total destruction of our country?

TastyWheat
01-21-2009, 10:32 AM
Most of these people are only inspired to sit back and let Obama fix everything.

PatriotLegion
01-21-2009, 10:49 AM
Sounds like Mr. O has threatened any aggressors or "We can't be stopped", ans there is a lot of "World" stuff in that speech. I just sounds like more of the same BS and loss of Liberty and Freedoms.

Andrew-Austin
01-21-2009, 10:54 AM
They love his rhetoric, not his policies. They love the image, not the man. Charismatic's don't seduce people by talking about real issues, but painting fantasy.

cheapseats
01-21-2009, 11:13 AM
Most of these people are only inspired to sit back and let Obama fix everything.

Exactly so . . . AND appear to the world to be Enlightened.

When "their man" can't deliver the goods, when the Swells keep jetting off on international working holidays, I suspect there'll be hell to pay.

cheapseats
01-21-2009, 11:15 AM
INAUGURATION OF INDOCTRINATION
20 January 2009

I recognize that a truly impressive - one might even say intimidating - number of my countrymen wuv Barack Obama. I do not share their sentiment. Granted, I never put a poster of ANYONE on my bedroom wall, not even in high school, but I am beyond disturbed by what I apprehend to be a collective and cowardly regression to the elevation of personality over principle.

Mark my words here. I am ON the record.

American Idol Gone Wild.

As though we have learned NOT. ONE. THING.

Most expensive campaign in our history, followed by the most expensive inauguration in our history, while we are in unprecedented financial trouble. Newt Gingrich said on Bloomberg TV that “no one does it better,” this peaceful transition of power.

Really? I’da said that certain Monarchies do it better. Take GREAT BRITAIN, as a random example. THEIR transitions have been smooth for hundreds of years, both on Downing Street and at Buckingham Palace. MOREOVER, they DAILY parade a you-gotta-see-it-once-in-your-lifetime-nifty Changing Of The Guard that has kept the coins of touristas flowing into the cups of local merchants, jeepers, for a long time.

Whether it’s Barack Obama or whether it’s Michelle Obama or both, whether its David Axelrod or the DNC or Powers That Be Wearing Invisibility Cloaks, SOMEONE in this operation is a SPENDAHOLIC. I speak from experience, I KNOW what I’m talking about. SOMEONE in this operation is OUT. OF. CONTROL. with what they WRONGLY think of as Petty Cash. It is EASY to think of eye-popping sums of money as petty, when the money is someone else’s and it’s suddenly fashionable to chat in billions instead of millions.

It is MY understanding that Barack Obama is sitting on tens of millions of dollars, AT LEAST, from his campaign. Referencing the exorbitantly higher price tag, someone on Bloomberg said “…mainly security.” If that’s true, howzabout Mr. Fund Raiser himself - the one who incites the NEED for heightened security - step up to the Volunteerism plate by kicking in his fair share of the bill? May I remind everyone that the very first demonstrable action of the 2006 Democratic “Mandate,” marking Nancy Pelosi’s assumption of the Speaker of the House mini-throne, was to throw a big parTAAY?

It was wasteful and inappropriate then, and the mandated Congress proceeded to do nothing but make matters worse. It is even MORE wasteful and MORE inappropriate now. What else CAN I logically infer but that this circle-jerk of Politicos will make matters worser still?

Michelle Obama should never wear that color again and burn those gloves.

What was in the paper bag sticking out of Bush Sr.’s greatcoat? Thought it was a flask for a minute.

Who was the young brunette that Joe Biden went out of his way to kiss after he took his oath. Was he well rehearsed, or WHAT?

What “came up” that delayed Hillary Clinton’s appointment as Secretary of State? That’s what they said on Bloomberg - that something “new” had caused a hiccup in her confirmation and that she was NOT attending the Inauguration as Secretary of State.

When I grow up or if I hook up with someone or, failing that, in my next life, I will bring technological proficiency to the table and then - you can mark my words again here - taking these bullshit politicians and corrupt officials is gonna be like shootin’ fish in a barrel.

Yep, I believe I could compose a gut-buster, if I could capture and insert the clips of Dick Darth Cheney, ridin’ low, not once but TWICE practically pop a wheelie to Exit Stage Left. THAT’S entertainment.

I ardently hope that the actions, inactions, attitudes and appointments during Barack Obama’s transition as President Elect do NOT connote the true game plan of his Administration, rather, that it has all been a bit of a hand-off-fake to pacify the Bad Guys until we were sure we’d gotten ‘em to leave without a fight.

I ardently hope that the predictably lofty rhetoric of his inauguration speech are the words by which he means to lead. Nuthin’ has changed. Talk is cheap. ONE study rather than one hundred rehearsals of his own pontification will make clear - that is, if he would avoid the appearance of being the Hypocrite that he already appears to be - why he needs to cut bait with Monsanto, Starbucks and Pepsi.

My ears perked right up when I heard the Great One announced as Barack. H. Obama. Heavy emphasis on the H., it seemed to me. Like it’s own sentence. H.

Yeah, ‘cuz we don’t usually announce the FULL names of our presidents at formal/legal affairs. The nation was treated to Millhouse and I’ve no doubt that the nation would have been treated to Sinclair. Not so, Hussein.

Between you, me and the lamp post, I think Chief Justice Roberts didn’t get the memo. I think Chief Justice Roberts shocked the shit out of Barack Obama when his voice rang out, “I, Barack HUSSEIN Obama.” Surely, it was that and not nerves that caused our new President, He of the cadenced delivery of heartstring-tugger prose, to FLUB THE OATH OF OFFICE.

I don’t usually resort to internet shorthand, but . . . LMAO.

Laughter being the best medicine, tell me it’s not funny that Barack Hussein Obama said he is humbled.

http://www.mcpolitics.com

Godfather89
01-21-2009, 12:47 PM
Obama speech is (as the NWO would expect) a sign of things to come.
From "Change" to "I Changed My Mind About Change."
From "Hope" to "Obey"

He's a hypocrite, he is trying to paint himself up as a fan of the founders. If they were here they would have had him dead.. not because of his skin but because of his ideas.

He says that "if one is on the side of those who would silence dissent than, you are on the wrong side." My family was around and I said aloud "keep that in mind"

He said "it does not matter if government is small or big, just so long as it works." Thats bullshit... the bigger a government gets the less it can function properly and the more red tape and bullshit there is.

Unfortunately, I see Obama as (to point to hollywood) as a mix between Anakin Skywalker (Obi-Wan is Martin Luther King Jr.) who was supposed to destroy evil not join them and also Two-Face from the The Dark Knight (no pun intended) because you have this pure guy who turns evil and is swept along by circumstances that make him forget that he had undone everything.

angelatc
01-21-2009, 12:55 PM
Between you, me and the lamp post, I think Chief Justice Roberts didn’t get the memo. I think Chief Justice Roberts shocked the shit out of Barack Obama when his voice rang out, “I, Barack HUSSEIN Obama.” Surely, it was that and not nerves that caused our new President, He of the cadenced delivery of heartstring-tugger prose, to FLUB THE OATH OF OFFICE.

I don't think that at all. I think that Robert's sort of paused, and Obama expected a pause, after his name. Obama started speaking over Roberts, and it threw them both off their game. Then Roberts flubbed the words, which screwed with Obama - he knew the words, and knew that Roberts had flubbed them - so he didn't quite know if he should repeat what Roberts said or if he should say the right words..

Roberts effed it up more than Obama did.

A. Havnes
01-21-2009, 09:01 PM
I think the bigger government vs smaller government was his way of saying, "I don't want to lose anyone's support, so I'll avoid stating whether I'm for big government or small government by basically saying, 'who cares' in a fancy fashion that sounds intelligent." It was a perfect beating around the bush sort of remark.

A. Havnes
01-21-2009, 11:29 PM
Sorry for the double-post, but I've got some more!

"There are no secret prisons other than Guantanamo Bay!"

"Some pharmaceutical drugs have serious side-effects, but most of us enure long, healthy lives!"

"Scientists are sure of global warming. it's a fact."

"The first lady looked sooooooooo beautiful!"

*puke*

libertarian4321
01-22-2009, 10:46 AM
I don't think that at all. I think that Robert's sort of paused, and Obama expected a pause, after his name. Obama started speaking over Roberts, and it threw them both off their game. Then Roberts flubbed the words, which screwed with Obama - he knew the words, and knew that Roberts had flubbed them - so he didn't quite know if he should repeat what Roberts said or if he should say the right words..

Roberts effed it up more than Obama did.

Yup.

I think it was a combination of Roberts being nervous and flustered, causing him to screw up the words. I doubt a sitting Supreme Court chief justice would do something so petty as intentionally screw up the Oath (at least, I hope not).