PDA

View Full Version : Just posted this note on Facebook:

malkusm
01-21-2009, 08:40 AM
Title: Where were you?

As the country watched the inauguration of our 44th President yesterday, many on TV and other members of the media asked a question: "Where were you?" on this historic occasion? It's something that most people will remember forever. Well, I have a different question for everyone:

Where were you when it mattered?

Millions of Americans made the trip to Washington, DC to see one man take the oath of office - a man whose actions have earned no merit, as of yet.

Where were these millions of people when the Patriot Act came to a vote on Capitol Hill?

Where were these millions of people when Congress voted for billions more in funding for an endless war?

Where were these millions of people when Congress voted for billions, if not trillions, of bailout funds to go to torpedoed banks, insurance giants, or auto makers?

America, we have become too fat and happy with the successes of our past to see that our future must be obtained through a difficult struggle. One man will not "change" the direction of this nation overnight - especially a man who voted FOR the Patriot Act, FOR war funding, and FOR every bailout measure presented to him. It will take those millions of people standing up for what they believe in, when it matters. Where will they be?

Probably at the TV, listening to the next great candidate who says what they want to hear.

__________________________________________________ _________________________

The great thing is that people will only see this much before they click through:

As the country watched the inauguration of our 44th President yesterday, many on TV and other members of the media asked a question: "Where were you?" on this historic occasion? It's something that most people will remember forever.

speciallyblend
01-21-2009, 08:55 AM
well i know a few million were taking action;) when you have bush/the gop/the dnc not listening. you could have 20 million americans and still bush and the gop/dnc would play deaf dumb and blind.

great question. i just had to remind people millions have been taking action for at least 8-12 yrs:)

LittleLightShining
01-21-2009, 08:56 AM
Great note!

liberteebell
01-21-2009, 09:03 AM
Good questions.

LibertyEagle
01-21-2009, 09:24 AM
Great job, Malkusm.

ghengis86
01-21-2009, 09:41 AM
i'm going to post something similar. thanks and great work!

A. Havnes
01-21-2009, 09:47 AM
That was great!