PDA

View Full Version : Tea Party 2009 : Print $2T dollars and dump truck it to the Federal Reserve door step

Nanerbeet
01-21-2009, 03:37 AM
I have a suggestion for the 2009 Tea Party

"Print the Future"

The Federal Reserve is determined to save our economy and needs our help. The Government printing press cannot possibly print enough money that is needed to rescue our economy in time. We need the American people to help print as much money as we can from our home PC's. On April 15th, 2009 we'll deliver 10 to 15 dump trucks full of money to the front door of the Federal Reserve Bank on National TV.

Something like that.

nobody's_hero
01-21-2009, 05:07 AM
Nah, they'd just pick them up and put them into circulation.

rockjoa
01-21-2009, 06:17 AM
National TV coverage would be very hard to obtain.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
01-21-2009, 06:37 AM
That would be the largest mass arrest for littering in the history of the world.

speciallyblend
01-21-2009, 07:31 AM
That would be the largest mass arrest for littering in the history of the world.

arrest me;) ooo the threat of arrest. i have one word for that whoopie;)

my printer is ready;)

IPSecure
01-21-2009, 07:45 AM
http://www.hasbro.com/games/kid-games/monopoly/images/money_500.gif (http://www.hasbro.com/games/kid-games/monopoly/default.cfm?page=StrategyGuide/gametools)

Monopoly Money: Link (http://www.hasbro.com/games/kid-games/monopoly/default.cfm?page=StrategyGuide/gametools)

"Be as rich as you want to be and print your own money!"

FreeMama
01-21-2009, 07:49 AM
Boy that would piss the greenies off!!

slacker921
01-21-2009, 08:01 AM
print/spray the monopoly money design onto big (6 - 8ft tall) sheets of foam.. get a hundred or so people to wear them (gumby style) and picket in front of each of the 12 Fed banks.

Seeing a bunch of funny money walking around in circles in front of the Fed would be priceless. It'd make the local news in each of the 12 cities....

mello
01-21-2009, 09:45 AM
Here is an old photoshop pic I made. It shows what 98 million dollars looks like with
$100 bills (For reference, that's a 46" Sony Bravia behind the stack):

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p48/fmello/98_million.jpg

It would be easier to make one of these just to represent a fraction of the debt for local
news. Use it to reference our debt (We need ** of these stacks to pay the daily interest
of our debt with China, & etc.)

From that I extrapolated & made an animated gif of what our debt was (at the time):

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p48/fmello/football_field_debt.gif

If Ron Paul does run again I'd love to see a commercial that actually showed what are
debt is using CGI.

PS. Making fake money is a felony. If I remember correctly legal fakes have to be
150% larger or smaller. It's difficult to tell from that pic but I altered the image of the
bills & made them very blue. I took the picture on the left for reference & then
immediately tore it to shreds. I then color-corrected it digitally.

Danke
01-21-2009, 09:51 AM
print/spray the monopoly money design onto big (6 - 8ft tall) sheets of foam.. get a hundred or so people to wear them (gumby style) and picket in front of each of the 12 Fed banks.

Seeing a bunch of funny money walking around in circles in front of the Fed would be priceless. It'd make the local news in each of the 12 cities....

I'd also have them walk around the buildings seven times, blow their trumpets and...:D

Carole
01-21-2009, 09:52 AM
I have a suggestion for the 2009 Tea Party

"Print the Future"

The Federal Reserve is determined to save our economy and needs our help. The Government printing press cannot possibly print enough money that is needed to rescue our economy in time. We need the American people to help print as much money as we can from our home PC's. On April 15th, 2009 we'll deliver 10 to 15 dump trucks full of money to the front door of the Federal Reserve Bank on National TV.

Something like that.
We could just send them trillions in Monopoly money.

Or better yet, why not encourage every American to send Monopoly money to our congress AND the Fed AND the Treasury? :)

SnappleLlama
01-21-2009, 09:53 AM
I'd totally do that.

SnappleLlama
01-21-2009, 09:53 AM
We should print fake money with Ron Paul's face in the middle. Let them know that his supporters are watching...and waiting.

Andrew-Austin
01-21-2009, 10:04 AM
I think I'll send a sarcastic letter with enclosed monopoly money to a Congressman.

tangent4ronpaul
01-21-2009, 10:53 AM
Do remember that all mail to Congress critters DC office will be sent to an out of state location to be opened by contractors and then forwarded back to said congress critter. This process takes 6-8 weeks.

Mail to their district offices do not go through this.

As to printing that much Monopoly money - it would be far more cost effective to do a chip-in and get it printed on a web press - that is if you want do really dump 2T worth on the Feds doorstep. Home printers would be better if you want a mail campaign.

-t

-t

mello
01-21-2009, 11:40 AM
Do remember that all mail to Congress critters DC office will be sent to an out of state location to be opened by contractors and then forwarded back to said congress critter. This process takes 6-8 weeks.

Mail to their district offices do not go through this.

As to printing that much Monopoly money - it would be far more cost effective to do a chip-in and get it printed on a web press - that is if you want do really dump 2T worth on the Feds doorstep. Home printers would be better if you want a mail campaign.

-t

-t

I don't know how feasible this would be. One trillion dollars in $100 bills would be
about 8 feet tall if you stacked it on a football field. You would probably be criticized on
environmental reasons if you actually managed to do it.

Nanerbeet
01-21-2009, 11:47 AM
So it would take a few thousand dump trucks and a couple of billion dollars-- I think we can pull it off ;)

But seriously I really think its a good idea!! The Fed needs our help!!

slacker921
01-21-2009, 12:00 PM
I think I'll send a sarcastic letter with enclosed monopoly money to a Congressman.

$100,000,000,000 Zimbabwe notes can be gotten fairly cheaply on eBay. They're pretty effective at demonstrating the result of the US going down the wrong path.

ShannonOBrien
01-21-2009, 01:59 PM
If they had a mail slot we could put the monopoly money in the mail slot and then not get in trouble for littering.

I like what someone else said about mailing it. But we'd all have to mail is on the same day. Everyone from all over the country could print out monopoly money and mail it to the Fed. They could put their city and state but a return address might be a bad idea. So anyway, that's doable. That would make it on the news. Plus, it would be freaking hilarious.

I was a member of a message board once and they found a website that will mail you free boxes. So whenever someone came along in the news that they didn't like, (for example, there was a woman who sued two little girls for leaving cookies for her on her doorstep) they would all mail free boxes to her house and she ended up getting truckloads of boxes. The woman was really confused and it made the news. That was only a small message board too. Not nearly as many as are on ronpaulforums.

tangent4ronpaul
01-21-2009, 02:08 PM
If they had a mail slot we could put the monopoly money in the mail slot and then not get in trouble for littering.

hmmm... maybe rent an insulation blower... - or just do a Bernanky and rent a helicopter to toss it out of ;)

I like what someone else said about mailing it. But we'd all have to mail is on the same day. Everyone from all over the country could print out monopoly money and mail it to the Fed. They could put their city and state but a return address might be a bad idea. So anyway, that's doable. That would make it on the news. Plus, it would be freaking hilarious.

It worked well with the bricks around the time we were protesting about the "fence" and they went out over several weeks and made news.

-t