PDA

View Full Version : GM: New study shows unborn babies could be harmed

tropicangela
01-21-2009, 02:32 AM
GM: New study shows unborn babies could be harmed

Mortality rate for new-born rats six times higher when mother was fed on a diet of modified soya

By Geoffrey Lean, Environment Editor
Sunday, 8 January 2006

Women who eat GM foods while pregnant risk endangering their unborn babies, startling new research suggests.

Environmentalists say that - while the results are preliminary - they are potentially so serious that they must be followed up. The American Academy of Environmental Medicine has asked the US National Institute of Health to sponsor an immediate, independent follow-up.

http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/gm-new-study-shows-unborn-babies-could-be-harmed-522109.html

M House
01-21-2009, 09:22 AM
I assume soya beans are just soybeans. Soy is high in phytoestrogens if your pregnant get that shit outta your diet. Another ridiculous claim in the article is the GE corn is bad for you. A diet high in corn and corn products is good for nobody. People need learn about their vegetables. Someone posted awhile back about that skin infection related to GE food which probably is a more legit concern, so if someone's got some more info on that.

tropicangela
01-21-2009, 01:19 PM
Isn't it true that there is soy in a lot of our foods bought off the store shelf as an additive? And corn? The concern would be women not eating raw diets and who eat an average American diet which is the majority of our population.

M House
01-21-2009, 01:31 PM
There is soy often in baby formula I think... I'm not pregnant or having a child and male so I'm not in the market but it'd be wise to consult the list of ingredients everytime. Leafy green vegetables and raw fruits what's so hard about that to people? Hell you can even eat a potato and it's reasonably good for you. Seaweed that too. Oily seeds do not count as vegetables and that's what soy pretty much is.

Isaac Bickerstaff
01-21-2009, 01:45 PM
I assume soya beans are just soybeans. Soy is high in phytoestrogens if your pregnant get that shit outta your diet. Another ridiculous claim in the article is the GE corn is bad for you. A diet high in corn and corn products is good for nobody. People need learn about their vegetables. Someone posted awhile back about that skin infection related to GE food which probably is a more legit concern, so if someone's got some more info on that.

The disease is Morgellon's Disease.
Here is a link to one of the results of a quick Google search.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=8464

Agent CSL
01-21-2009, 01:54 PM
I don't like GM no matter how you shake it.

Isn't it a little odd that after GM corn and wheat became widespread, trillions of bees began dying?

M House
01-21-2009, 02:00 PM
Corn has been engineered for centuries, todays version has little in common with what would've been natural and found in the wild. It's also not that great to have large quantities of in your diet genetically engineering or not. There's a dietary deficiency that was linked to along time ago. Compared to many vegetables it's kinda lacking.

M House
01-21-2009, 02:22 PM
Sounds terrible instead of looking for a cause the first thing fucking doctors tend to turn to is antipsychotics.

heavenlyboy34
01-21-2009, 04:16 PM
I don't like GM no matter how you shake it.

Isn't it a little odd that after GM corn and wheat became widespread, trillions of bees began dying?

I thought that was because cell phone signals screwed them up in their bee circuitry. :confused:

Zippyjuan
01-21-2009, 04:46 PM
Ah good old Morgellon's disease. The fearmonger's #! choice of disease. I that was supposed to be caused by contrails. They are using it for GM foods now?

I guess we should have banned GM foods back in the 17th Century. If they were around then.
http://morgellonswatch.com/

David T Robles MD PhD1, Sharon Romm MD2, Heidi Combs MD2, Jonathan Olson BS1, Phil Kirby MD1
Dermatology Online Journal (2008 June 15) 14 (6): 2
Morgellons disease
In the seventeenth century Sir Thomas Browne used the term Morgellons disease to describe an unusual symptom complex resembling those seen in patients today [21]. Patients with this condition maintain the unshakeable belief that fibers or some other material is imbedded or emerging from their skin. They pick and dig at their skin to extract the offending “material.” They may reject the notion that they have parasites but may still exhibit the “matchbox” sign, bringing in fragments of clothing fibers, lint, hair fibers and dried skin fragments for examination.

We consider Morgellons to be within the spectrum of delusions of parasitosis, except that the patients are focused not on parasites but on “unusual material” that they believe is in their skin. We have seen a number of such patients in our clinic and all manipulate their lesions enough to self-induce irregular ulcerations. They frequently dig at their lesions with their own nails as well as house-hold items such as nail clippers or tweezers, the so-called “tweezer sign” (Robles, in press). It is important to ask patients if they use instruments in addition to fingernails because in our experience, the use of mechanical devices portends a more malignant psychological profile.

Morgellons disease has received recent attention, primarily through the internet and through the website of Morgellons Research Foundation (http://www.morgellons.org). The Morgellons Research Foundation claims that this condition is an emerging infectious disease [21], however, no available evidence exists to confirm this hypothesis. Some authors affiliated with the Morgellons Research Foundation claim that Lyme Borreliosis [22] has an association but this has not been substantiated.

Epidemiology
There are no data available describing the prevalence of this syndrome. It may be seen in association with a number of psychiatric conditions including unipolar and bipolar depression, schizophrenia and abuse of drugs [21].

Treatment
There are no randomized control studies to establish the recommended treatment of this disorder. Some experts discuss the importance of establishing patient rapport by referring to the delusions as Morgellons disease [23]. After ruling out an organic cause, emphasis should be placed on how disconcerting the symptoms must be for the patient.

Medication trials have been intermittently effective. Pimozide has been used in doses of 0.5-2.0 mg daily. Koblenzer believes that Pimozide, with the added anti-pruritic effect, is a preferred treatment [24]. The use of atypical antipsychotics such as risperdal, olanzapine and aripiprazole may also be of benefit [21, 23]. In our experience, the use of extra-thin hydrocolloid dressings over the ulcerations is generally very effective because it provides a mechanical barrier to manipulation and facilitates wound healing. The wounds frequently become secondarily infected, making the use of topical or systemic antibiotics an important adjunctive measure.

M House
01-21-2009, 04:52 PM
Um I actually have no doubt it's possible that there could be parasitic fungal or bacteria elements on the GE food. Why not we get these kinds of infections all the time. Doctors treat parasitic infections with denial most of the time. It's poorly taught and an often clinical oversight. In their defense, parasitic infections in this country are rare. However if some of the pictures, etc, are legit why not? There's no excuse for 1st labeling it a psychological disorder and then treating it with the strongest psychopharms available.

M House
01-21-2009, 04:54 PM
You also notice it's been thrown in with bipolar, unipolar, and scizophrenia which are quite the psychological disorders of the month. There's been great medical fallback on these however lately.