PDA

View Full Version : Chris Rock on Obama

BlackTerrel
01-20-2009, 11:47 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/01/19/chris.rock.kill.the.messenger/?iref=mpstoryview

Interesting interview if anyone wants to read the whole thing. But one part in particular struck me:

CNN: What are you hoping Barack Obama does for this country? What do you think is his most important task?

Rock: You know, if you're the president you only have two jobs: peace and money. That's it. I mean, it's like, what did Clinton do? We were at peace and we had a budget surplus. That's it. That's the gig. The closer you get us to those two goals, you know, that's pretty much the gig. Is that too much to ask for?

I think he makes a great point and that's why I support Ron Paul really. I don't agree with all his policies but on the most important ones peace (non-interventionism) and money (monetary policy) he is dead on. That's why I like him and that's why I support him. The message is rather simple really.

Omphfullas Zamboni
01-20-2009, 11:50 PM
Hello,

I concur with your sentiments.

Best regards,
Omphfullas Zamboni

Chester Copperpot
01-20-2009, 11:50 PM
Too bad Chris Rock doesnt understand that there was no budget surplus under Clinton.

wizardwatson
01-20-2009, 11:58 PM
Too bad Chris Rock doesnt understand that there was no budget surplus under Clinton.

That's what sucks about famous people. Instead of dealing with one famous dumb-ass (Obama), we get to deal with a pyramid of dumb-asses underneath.

It's not about peace and money. It's about justice and freedom.

It's a shame artists don't see this type of thing. They only see beauty and form in their own little esoteric view of reality.

devil21
01-21-2009, 12:11 AM
That's funny. Chris Rock spent about half of his last HBO comedy special talking up how great Obama is. I was watching it wondering "Is this a comedy routine or a commercial?"

The_Orlonater
01-21-2009, 07:22 AM
That's what sucks about famous people. Instead of dealing with one famous dumb-ass (Obama), we get to deal with a pyramid of dumb-asses underneath.

It's a shame artists don't see this type of thing. They only see beauty and form in their own little esoteric view of reality.

+1

That's true.

Conza88
01-21-2009, 07:30 AM

Too bad Chris rock doesn't understand that there was no peace under Clinton.

Tell that to the people who got bombed in Kosovo. :rolleyes:

Pity Chris Rock is as ignorant as the next retard. Same goes with all those celebrities on stage during the inauguration. Look scum, you are being used. You are part of history - but its on the wrong side.

Think Hitler addressing the masses. You ass clowns are on stage with him, right behind the FUHRER.

AND COMPARING OBAMA TO HITLER IS TOO KIND.

He's going to be more like Stalin. In terms of outcome, end results. He won't be the supreme overlord, but it will all be done under his seal.

coyote_sprit
01-21-2009, 07:34 AM
That's funny. Chris Rock spent about half of his last HBO comedy special talking up how great Obama is. I was watching it wondering "Is this a comedy routine or a commercial?"

CNN and HBO are owned by the same company, what did you expect?

heavenlyboy34
01-21-2009, 11:46 AM

I see it! :D So did papa Beethoven. ;):)

Paulitician
01-21-2009, 12:45 PM
Not to mention Clinton's interventions. Nope, there was no peace nor a surplus (it was merely an accounting fraud/trick, happens all the time with government). In fact, part of the "prosperity" under Clinton's era liberals are nostalgic about was not at all Clinton's doing. The internet revolution happened on its own, and part of the "prosperity" was Greenspan's serial bubblization, which turned out to have horrible consequences. Clinton presided over the "deregulation" mania many of the liberals rail Bush against. Most of Bush's presidency was keep a keep a depression from happening due to the policies that took place under Clinton (not that Clinton had much to do with it), but of course Bush and the congress have wrought an even worse situation for the economy, which Obama is now going to have react against. And that's basically how the musical chair game works folks. You don't want to be president when the music stops (or maybe you do because you have some odd fascistic or communistic authoritarian agenda...), the state is there in order to make the music keep going as long as possible, at your expense :o

gls
01-21-2009, 12:46 PM

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg320/ariz1323/obama_supporters.jpg

Paulitician
01-21-2009, 12:54 PM
So they're even worse than zombies! Hahaha, loved the pun in that pic, quite a zinger.

Freedom 4 all
01-21-2009, 01:26 PM

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg320/ariz1323/obama_supporters.jpg

LMAO where did you get that?

SimpleName
01-21-2009, 07:02 PM
WOW! Pretty much...Chris is completely off target with both points. Clinton did not produce any real budget surplus. Re-appropriating (whatever the word is for that) money in order to make things look better than they actually are is not in any way creating a budget surplus. And of course, Clinton's wondrous interventions.

I wish people who had absolutely no clue what they are talking about would stop talking. Lets face reality, Chris Rock likes Obama because he (rock) is part of the raging celebrity cult that refuses to do anything that would get them kicked out of the mainstream mass of fellow celebrities. Congrats John Mayer for your odd half-drunken support of Dr. paul and of course, my celebrity hero, Drew Carey. Not to mention, Obama being black had a LOT to do with it. Collectivism reigns in America.

The_Orlonater
01-21-2009, 07:04 PM

Pity Chris Rock is as ignorant as the next retard. Same goes with all those celebrities on stage during the inauguration. Look scum, you are being used. You are part of history - but its on the wrong side.

Think Hitler addressing the masses. You ass clowns are on stage with him, right behind the FUHRER.

AND COMPARING OBAMA TO HITLER IS TOO KIND.

He's going to be more like Stalin. In terms of outcome, end results. He won't be the supreme overlord, but it will all be done under his seal.

You're absolutely right, but your anger is getting in the way of some facts. I doubt Obama will have 30 million people killed.

The_Orlonater
01-21-2009, 07:05 PM
I see it! :D So did papa Beethoven. ;):)

Same with Shostakovich, can't say the same about Kachaturian.

dannno
01-21-2009, 07:10 PM

"We are still in the Persian Gulf War. We have been bombing for 12 years."

-Ron Paul

Conza88
01-21-2009, 08:06 PM
You're absolutely right, but your anger is getting in the way of some facts. I doubt Obama will have 30 million people killed.

I'm sorry, I didn't realise the NWO wanted to depopulate the earth. You know like get rid of 90% of the population... :rolleyes:

The_Orlonater
01-21-2009, 08:30 PM
I'm sorry, I didn't realise the NWO wanted to depopulate the earth. You know like get rid of 90% of the population... :rolleyes:

Yup, because that's exactly what's going to happen.

Even if they tried, the world would win anyway. 90 on 10? Come on, be realistic.

Conza88
01-21-2009, 08:50 PM
Yup, because that's exactly what's going to happen.

Even if they tried, the world would win anyway. 90 on 10? Come on, be realistic.

The 90% don't even know there is a battle on. How can you fight against something, you don't even know exists. :rolleyes: Come on... an elite with a goal, a purpose, an end game - activiely striving towards those goals in the halls of power. Or 90% walking around in circles aimlessly, following whatever the next Idol contestant is doing... Come on, be realistic. :rolleyes:

Starvation & Aids in Africa.

War in the Middle East.

Fluoride, GM foods, Chem Trails in the Western countries.

All you need is Bird Flu to mutant and go from Human to human, in ASIA...

The Environmentalists the world over. - The Death wish of anarcho-communism by Murray Rothbard (http://mises.org/story/2197)

The fact that the abandonment of rationality and economics in behalf of "freedom" and whim will lead to the scrapping of modern production and civilization and return us to barbarism does not faze our anarcho-communists and other exponents of the new "counter-culture." But what they do not seem to realize is that the result of this return to primitivism would be starvation and death for nearly all of mankind and a grinding subsistence for the ones remaining.

Whose being not being "realistic"? :rolleyes:

BlackTerrel
01-21-2009, 11:00 PM
WOW! Pretty much...Chris is completely off target with both points. Clinton did not produce any real budget surplus. Re-appropriating (whatever the word is for that) money in order to make things look better than they actually are is not in any way creating a budget surplus. And of course, Clinton's wondrous interventions.

Just to clarify I don't agree with Rock on Clinton. What I liked were that he mentions the two jobs of the President are peace and money. That's why I like Ron Paul - peace and money. Explaining why to support Ron Paul is a rather tricky concept, and I like the rather simple approach. Of course there are a couple other things, but the main ones are peace and money as Rock states.

angelatc
01-21-2009, 11:11 PM
Except he's wrong. Neither of those jobs belong to the President.

yokna7
01-22-2009, 11:16 AM
Except he's wrong. Neither of those jobs belong to the President.

nice. the president should have a relatively minor role in all of this.

Truth Warrior
01-22-2009, 11:45 AM
"Freedom, Peace and Prosperity" -- Ron Paul

Mesogen
01-22-2009, 03:16 PM

and Somalia and Iraq.

Yes, Clinton bombed Iraq.