PDA

View Full Version : America is so far detached from Constitution even the Chief Justice F's up the oath

socialize_me
01-20-2009, 10:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=274_VdeckAU

Anyone see this?? I mean, Obama was a little antsy at first and interrupted Roberts, but the Chief Justice didn't even say the damn oath as it is specifically written in the Constitution!! (so technically he's not properly inaugurated, right?? :P)

Now, this might be nit-picking, but the oath?? I mean, is there even a word of the Constitution that's even respected anymore?? I find it funny the Supreme Court likes to get anal with the Constitution, but when the Chief Justice doesn't even know how to administer the fucking oath of office, what does that tell you about our "leaders", the supposed Constitutional geniuses??

You could tell Obama was like "wtf??" when Roberts didn't do the oath correctly. That's either because Obama spent the past two months in front of the mirror making out with himself with moaning the Oath, or that's the only thing he remembered from his Constitutional Law teaching days.

M House
01-20-2009, 11:55 PM
Yeah I was wondering how the justice could fuck it up so badly too.

nate895
01-21-2009, 12:06 AM
Generally, the oath you see on TV isn't the official oath, they do the official oath in some office in the Capitol Building itself. The one out front is a big show. At least, that is what I remember from the Bush inaugurals.

danberkeley
01-21-2009, 12:54 AM
Generally, the oath you see on TV isn't the official oath, they do the official oath in some office in the Capitol Building itself. The one out front is a big show. At least, that is what I remember from the Bush inaugurals.

Never knew that.

jcarcinogen
01-21-2009, 01:08 AM
Either way, gotta hand it to him to catch the Chief Justice in a mistake and not mess it up. I didn't notice that when I watched it this morning.

socialize_me
01-21-2009, 01:10 AM

I thought they did the oath in private only if inauguration day fell on a Sunday, as will happen in 2013. They then do the public inauguration on the following Monday, but other than that, the inauguration you see on TV is the real thing considering this year's inauguration date was January 20th which falls on a Tuesday. If January 20th were a Sunday this year, Obama would be sworn in privately on that Sunday. He would then do a public one on Monday, January 21st.

In fact, this is how Ronald Reagan was sworn in. He did it on a Sunday (privately) in North Entrance Hall of the White House, but it was televised. He then did it again the next day in the Capitol Rotunda for the public.

M House
01-21-2009, 01:13 AM
Um I would call the result by the parties involved was more than alittle creative with the constitution. Atleast Obama knew it better than that old retard.