PDA

View Full Version : Wrote a song called Liberty today. . . thought of you all.

FreeMama
01-20-2009, 06:46 PM
I spent the day with my T.V. off and guitar in hand. . . wrote this in about 5 minutes not the best thing I have ever written, really simple and crappy quality, but I thought I would share :D

Just want you guys to know your hard work WILL pay off keep up the good fight :cool:

*EDIT* to add better link http://homepage.mac.com/neens/FileSharing128.html

speciallyblend
01-20-2009, 07:13 PM
hmmm i see a pic of a good looking woman but i hear nothing:( hmmm not sure why it is not working?

jcarcinogen
01-20-2009, 07:14 PM
You need quicktime.

I like the song a lot and I feel the same way.

-R3volution!

FreeMama
01-20-2009, 07:16 PM
Stupid mac iweb. . . lemme go try my idisk *sigh* lol :p

And thank you for the compliment ;)

FreeMama
01-20-2009, 07:32 PM
Okay this should work you have to download it though http://homepage.mac.com/neens/FileSharing128.html

speciallyblend
01-20-2009, 07:49 PM
Okay this should work you have to download it though http://homepage.mac.com/neens/FileSharing128.html

diggin it;) thanks working now;)

FreeMama
01-20-2009, 08:10 PM
Thank you!! I will get some better quality freedom songs up in here soon ;)

speciallyblend
01-20-2009, 08:39 PM
Thank you!! I will get some better quality freedom songs up in here soon ;)

do me a favor,once me and my wife launch www.leadvillelifestyle.com ,feel free to join. It will launch soon and you can post videos,blog and interact with our mtn town and the world and help spread liberty. the site isn't 100% finished yet but you will get the idea of what we are gonna do:) hope you like it,peace kenny

FreeMama
01-20-2009, 08:51 PM
Oh cool!! I love the video. . . will do, bookmarking right now! ;)

speciallyblend
01-20-2009, 09:05 PM
Oh cool!! I love the video. . . will do, bookmarking right now! ;)

thanks we hope it will be successful. Our goal is to allow our town to debate and interact and for everyone online to upload mtn videos or ski/board or hiking videos and blog.

It should take off and have a life of its own. we want the users to generate content etc etc.

we will be advertising it locally all over in a few weeks,but once we launch it, i will email users already signed up and will post here as well!!

Paulitical Correctness
01-20-2009, 09:30 PM
Pretty.

And the song's good too.

heavenlyboy34
01-20-2009, 09:35 PM
audio still isn't working for me...but gosh, you're beautiful, OP! ;) We lucked out-the liberty movement gets all the hot chicks! :)

speciallyblend
01-20-2009, 09:44 PM
audio still isn't working for me...but gosh, you're beautiful, OP! ;) We lucked out-the liberty movement gets all the hot chicks! :)

ron paul women RULZ , try the download link on her 3rd post ,it worked for me:)

Bman
01-21-2009, 12:25 AM
Really dig your voice. It's ashame you don't access to better recording equipment.

I'm kinda spoiled (www.mediamusicstudio.com).

Also, have a small pro-tools, midi set up at home.

If you're ever in the market for recording devices or how to use any of them send me a tell, I'll help you out best I can with information.

jcarcinogen
01-21-2009, 12:53 AM
Actually I really like this, perfect for the day.

Nice :cool:

eOs
01-21-2009, 01:53 AM
reall good song, I'm teaching myself guitar right now..if you don't mind ..what chords are you playing?

raiha
01-21-2009, 02:17 AM
Nice voice you have indeed. couldn't see you though. never mind.

FreeMama
01-21-2009, 07:41 AM
Thanks everyone!! I really appreciate it!! I actually have Protools, and some really nice recording equipment and some SUPER guitars!
But, yesterday I thought of this song so fast that I actually just grabbed a little classical and didn't even bother to tune it and just used Garageband really quick so I wouldn't forget it LOL

It happens all the time. . . I have a song in my head and I LOSE it while I am getting all set up. But, at least I have it now and I can work to make a great recording :)

I would really like to make a heavy song. . . I am picturing a soft female voice over some really hard guitar :D How great would that be??

I decided I am going to sing us all the way to 2012 victory!!! We need to get behind someone even if it isn't Ron!!! Woooot!!

eOs I believe the chords are just a minor and e minor. . . definitely easy chords and man, the fewest chords I have ever used in a song :o

Oh well sometimes simple is better!

I would actually like to write the songs, and sing them. . . but meet up with a band who will do the rest!! I need to find one!

I am so pumped up and excited for the REVOLUTION :p

speciallyblend
01-21-2009, 08:39 AM
Really dig your voice. It's ashame you don't access to better recording equipment.

I'm kinda spoiled (www.mediamusicstudio.com).

Also, have a small pro-tools, midi set up at home.

If you're ever in the market for recording devices or how to use any of them send me a tell, I'll help you out best I can with information.

bman ,i came out of my bomb shelter:rolleyes:, nice tune from you to;) i risked my life for 30 seconds bman? sigh hehe

M House
01-21-2009, 10:20 AM
I'd form a band in a couple seconds if it meant getting some relief from Alabama and school. Anybody in this stupid state. I ended up playing guitar with a few people in college nothing ever really came of it.

LibertyEagle
01-21-2009, 10:48 AM
Nice tune. Great voice. :)

Bman
01-21-2009, 11:05 PM
I would actually like to write the songs, and sing them. . . but meet up with a band who will do the rest!! I need to find one!

Ouch! Be careful with that. LSD (lead singers disease) is only tolerated if moneys rolling in.

speciallyblend
01-21-2009, 11:19 PM
Ouch! Be careful with that. LSD (lead singers disease) is only tolerated if moneys rolling in.

being a dj only one person to deal with. most bands are good people,but once you have 4-5 people and the egos to go along with, chaos will follow:)

always DRAMA IN A BAND!!!!

Bman
01-21-2009, 11:39 PM
being a dj only one person to deal with. most bands are good people,but once you have 4-5 people and the egos to go along with, chaos will follow:)

always DRAMA IN A BAND!!!!

Yeah. I'm 32 now but I vaguely remember being in a parking lot when I was about 23 with my singer telling each other how badly we were going to kick each others asses. It can get messy. Throw in management and it is pure chaos. Gosh, I think the funniest is when the keyboard player spit on the sound guy at one of our gigs. It's tough. Everyone's got an opinion on music. I hung up my performing shoes at 28.

M House
01-21-2009, 11:42 PM
Wow you guys sound a bit too much like "artists". I would've been pretty happy to have band. I just played with some college guys and only once played live with some teenage punk at the local indie venue.

Bman
01-21-2009, 11:51 PM
Wow you guys sound a bit too much like "artists". I would've been pretty happy to have band. I just played with some college guys and only once played live with some teenage punk at the local indie venue.

Of course I sound like an artist. It's how the bills get paid.

hotbrownsauce
01-22-2009, 12:30 AM
What a beautiful piece of work. Very soothing.

This song gives me a very euphoric feeling. And your lovely voice carried me through it nicely. You've made my day, thanks!

May I recommend something for you? A couple of days ago someone posted a video link to the Paul grassroots documentary being created. And I really think the song you just made could really add depth to the documentary. Send the creator of this video a message http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=in4MucGktkI .

FreeMama
01-23-2009, 12:20 PM
Thanks so much for the feedback!! I will send it to the creator too thanks! :)

HOLLYWOOD
01-23-2009, 12:35 PM
I'll listen to it a few more times before being a critic, in the meantime...

I was thinking it was going to be more like that 80's hit... "Jeopardy" by the Greg Kinn Band

which then morphed to Wierd Al's version: "I Lost On Jeopardy"

which morphed into MY version: "I Lost On LIBERTY..." ;)

Here's some of my babies:
http://b1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/00114/17/87/114917871_l.jpg

FreeMama
01-23-2009, 12:41 PM
Ooooooo you have some nice ones :D

I will get a pic of mine up here soon hehe this is fun!!

speciallyblend
01-23-2009, 01:41 PM

i still perform as a DJ,but i can only yell at myself hehe. I do keep it fun or i would not DJ,but i wouldn't manage a band even if they paid me to:)

speciallyblend
01-23-2009, 01:46 PM
Of course I sound like an artist. It's how the bills get paid.

so true. i love to dj but it is better when your getting paid. When money is involved it changes how things are for sure.

I have a gig next week where they explained how they are not set up for live venues. so they explained everything and how i had 1 hr to setup and bring my system etc(all in writing) i have a 2 beer tab hehe(glad i like my bronwies,just give the beer to my wife). In case i showed up expecting a sound man and all the other crap most bands want. they wanted to make sure i knew everything,so i wouldn't come in bitching about the set up,even though i had already spoke to the owners and knew what i had to do! they wanted to stop any drama before it started :)

I try to be a NO DRAMA DJ:)

heavenlyboy34
01-23-2009, 01:58 PM
This still doesn't work for me, but you are very beautiful, OP. ;):D:)

jcarcinogen
02-02-2009, 03:31 AM
Bump, best artist (I love your voice) and the fact that it was written/posted on 1/20.

r3volution

FreeMama
02-02-2009, 11:07 PM
Awwww thank you!! It made my night to see this thread bumped up :o

1/20 was a difficult day to get through. . .

You guys are so awesome!! I can't wait for the project to come out!!

jcarcinogen
02-04-2009, 12:42 AM
/bump

mama, I love that you shared this with us on the day you wrote it, the day you kept your TV off. 1.20.09.

I love it and your voice.

FreeMama
02-09-2009, 06:03 PM
^ thank you!!

Knightskye
02-09-2009, 08:07 PM
Great voice.

hmmm i see a pic of a good looking woman

That too, hahaha.

FreeMama
02-25-2009, 03:08 PM
Thank you Knightskye!!! :)

danda
02-25-2009, 11:30 PM
Hi FreeMama. The song made me smile, and this message made me smile a lot bigger. This is awesome news!!!

I would really like to make a heavy song. . . I am picturing a soft female voice over some really hard guitar :D How great would that be??

I decided I am going to sing us all the way to 2012 victory!!! We need to get behind someone even if it isn't Ron!!! Woooot!!

eOs I believe the chords are just a minor and e minor. . . definitely easy chords and man, the fewest chords I have ever used in a song :o

Oh well sometimes simple is better!

I am so pumped up and excited for the REVOLUTION :p

ClayTrainor
02-26-2009, 04:26 AM
wow... i just heard this for the first time now... great job!!! very cool style. :cool:

speciallyblend
02-26-2009, 04:39 AM
wow... i just heard this for the first time now... great job!!! very cool style. :cool:

i hope she contacts us:) i am sure we could use her song somewhere in our trailers or videos:)
Liberty

Bman
03-09-2009, 04:34 PM

So whats the ETA? I want to rock!

ClayTrainor
03-09-2009, 10:15 PM
this song is so dam good :cool:

You and Aimee allen should play gigs together. ;)

Live_Free_Or_Die
03-09-2009, 10:58 PM
Good job.

I'm jealous I didn't get one comment on mine last month. :)

speciallyblend
03-09-2009, 11:06 PM
Good job.

I'm jealous I didn't get one comment on mine last month. :)

i missed it , can you repost it?

Live_Free_Or_Die
03-09-2009, 11:30 PM
i missed it , can you repost it?

I will pm you a link after I redo it though because I mispronounced Keynesian like an idiot.

FreeMama
03-10-2009, 01:41 AM
^awww I would like to hear it too! I miss a lot of threads on here it moves fast!! :)

Specialty Blend do you need music for your projects?? I would love to help in anyway I can!!

Bman what is ETA? Forgive me I am so clueless with abbreviations lol!

Gosh I would love to play with Aimee. . . like an acoustic tour around the country to rev up for 2012 :)

ClayTrainor
03-10-2009, 02:49 AM
Gosh I would love to play with Aimee. . . like an acoustic tour around the country to rev up for 2012 :)

Ronstock 2010!!!! :cool: ;)

speciallyblend
03-10-2009, 05:14 AM
Ronstock 2010!!!! :cool: ;)

haha, here we go again:) watch out paul n emily , i think the ron paul supporters are planning on reclaiming your farm in 2010/2012:) hehe

FreeMama
03-10-2009, 10:55 AM
Weeeeeeeeeee!! RONSTOCK!! We can sell Legalize weed tshirts :D

Hahaha!

Bman
03-10-2009, 02:16 PM
Bman what is ETA?

ETA = Estimated time of arrival.

Plus I sent you a PM. If you could use help let me know.

Weeeeeeeeeee!! RONSTOCK!! We can sell Legalize weed tshirts

Hahaha!

I'll take my order from Humble County.

jcarcinogen
03-11-2009, 12:35 AM
Awesome Inauguration Day sang again. Do you you have just your voice track?

IDK how you copyright.

ClayTrainor
03-11-2009, 03:31 AM
Weeeeeeeeeee!! RONSTOCK!! We can sell Legalize weed tshirts :D

Hahaha!

I'm so there! :cool:

FreeMama
03-11-2009, 10:15 PM
Heehee!

Aww I don't have just a voice track but I could EASILY crank one out :)

This little inauguration song just literally POPPED out as I was singing it. . . like totally one of those moments where you have to grab the guitar quick before you forget it! I had NO other takes besides this one. . . and it was with a crappy classical guitar. . . our professional guitars are put away upstairs nicely sans toddler hands LOL ;)

Soooo yea. Totally needs fixing up, editing, reworking. . . manipulating. . . maybe making it HEAVY! :D

I'm game for anything!

Rock and Roll for Revolution babay ;)

Add me to facebook my name is Annie Pants hehe look me up