PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul supporters, lick your chops and get ready for some delicious roast Thompson!

lynnf
09-12-2007, 03:44 PM
Thompson already showing signs of imploding!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/bloomberg/20070911/pl_bloomberg/a23dx3a8oufe%3B_ylt%3DAhXqM0MFIAyTkl69deZbCuiog9IF

excerpt:
Thompson Says He's No Churchgoer, Won't Tout Religion on Stump

Two days ago -- standing on the same City Hall steps in Nashua, New Hampshire, where John F. Kennedy declared his presidency 47 years ago -- Thomson was asked how he would make funding of the Iraq war more transparent while also ensuring adequate money in the federal budget for maintaining the U.S. infrastructure.

The Aug. 1 collapse of a Minneapolis bridge that killed 13 people -- the worst U.S. bridge failure in 25 years --``went down because things aren't being paid attention to at home,'' said Cindy Holden, 57, a nurse who asked the question.

In response, Thompson launched into an almost 10-minute answer focused on why it was necessary to overthrow Saddam Hussein. He didn't mention infrastructure.

``I think he lost track of it because he wanted us to understand why he thought what we had done wasn't so bad,'' Wolff said, referring to Iraq.

end of excerpt

some pundits said -- Thompson in in September and out by November

lynn

Paulitician
09-12-2007, 03:51 PM
In response, Thompson launched into an almost 10-minute answer focused on why it was necessary to overthrow Saddam Hussein. He didn't mention infrastructure.
Wow, I feel extremely sorry for those who had to sit through all that. Must have been very boring.

adpierce
09-12-2007, 03:54 PM
Thompson equates being a Christian and churchgoer to being good

When did being a Christian make anybody good? I thought the basic theme was you're bad that's why you need Jesus Christ. Plus being a churchgoer says nothing about your character except... you go to church. Thompson in his trying to avoid looking all proud exposed his pride. Sad.

singapore_sling
09-12-2007, 03:55 PM
Hmm I guess I can respect Thompson for one thing and one thing only: not talking about religion. I'm sorry but if you think its important to talk about your private religion and that it should somehow give you a better standing and that you're more moral...you're a fundie.

james1844
I'm not worried about Thompson, I'm worried about Gingrich.

speciallyblend
just reading that article in general ,not even counting the Religion aspect.I cant even understand how someone with a High School Education could even think of voting for fred thompson. huh? dee dee dee? award maybe?

billm317
09-12-2007, 03:56 PM
some pundits said -- Thompson in in September and out by November

The GOP knows Ron Paul is right when he welcomed Fred Thompson to the race. It simply splits up the pro-war vote. I hope Thompson stays around for awhile because I don't really think he's going to win, and in the mean time he can cause a divide.

I'm sure the GOP has plans for thinning out the pro-war candidates if they feel Ron Paul is gaining too much from the diluted field.

With that said, keep Thompson around and let him piss off the Romney and Giuliani campaigns! I've still yet to see a Giuliani supporter on the Internet. I'm ready for him to start getting attacked on TV as well. People need to know what kind of scumbag he is and maybe the Thompson campaign can help get the word out :)

nullvalu
09-12-2007, 03:58 PM
Did anyone catch Colbert's segment last night about Thompson? They showed his video from the website and basically made fun of how vague it is..

billm317
09-12-2007, 03:58 PM

Try to run for president on the atheist ticket and see how far ya get lol
Of course he's playing up religion as much as he can. Do you really expect better from him?

mdh
09-12-2007, 04:01 PM
Could be bad - Thompson splits the pro-war neocon vote even further, hence lowering our bar in the primaries. We want more neocons, not less - more neocons = lower % Dr. Paul needs to win. :p

specsaregood
09-12-2007, 04:04 PM
Maybe he or his advisors read Ron Paul's statement of faith and misunderstood:
"I have never been one who is comfortable talking about my faith in the political arena. In fact, the pandering that typically occurs in the election season I find to be distasteful. "
They tried to put their own spin on it and it came out poorly with the wrong message.

guntherg16
09-12-2007, 04:06 PM

Gingrich had his chance to prove he was conservative back in the 90s. Instead he saddled us with NAFTA.

quickmike
09-12-2007, 04:18 PM

When did being a Christian make anybody good? I thought the basic theme was you're bad that's why you need Jesus Christ. Plus being a churchgoer says nothing about your character except... you go to church. Thompson in his trying to avoid looking all proud exposed his pride. Sad.

Hold on just a minute there!!! George W Bush is a self proclaimed Christian, and look at what an outstanding .......................... nevermind.

You win:D

Kregener
09-12-2007, 04:22 PM
Going to church makes you a Christian like going to a hospital makes you a doctor...

JMann
09-12-2007, 04:24 PM
One reason to vote for Thompson if Paul falls short.

The Good Doctor
09-12-2007, 04:52 PM
Yeah but the important thing here is how he pronounced "nuclearized"! :rolleyes:

The Good Doctor
09-12-2007, 04:52 PM
Uh, no. Don't waste the vote on Thompson. Write in Paul.

LibertyEagle
09-12-2007, 04:59 PM
Could be bad - Thompson splits the pro-war neocon vote even further, hence lowering our bar in the primaries. We want more neocons, not less - more neocons = lower % Dr. Paul needs to win. :p

Yeah, but unfortunately, he draws some of the people that might take a harder look at Dr. Paul. A lot of people out there think that Thompson is the 2nd coming of Reagan. He needs to be exposed.

speciallyblend
09-12-2007, 05:01 PM

UMM what did you just say? UMMM i dontthink you get it yet,the republican party will not get my vote unless they nominate RON PAUL,those other republicans are not getting my vote nor many of RON PAUL SUPPORTERS,the gop is gonna fall like a rock ,if they dont nominate RON PAUL,this is do or die for the GOP,thats what my vote and my wifes vote is saying;)

maybe i missed the sarcasm??

SWATH
09-12-2007, 05:05 PM
Did anyone catch Colbert's segment last night about Thompson? They showed his video from the website and basically made fun of how vague it is..

here is a link to video

http://www.indecision2008.com/blog.jhtml?c=vc&videoId=102542

RP4ME
09-12-2007, 06:26 PM

Exactly amen! I agree false humility.

and what about this turkey and probably church goer...

``As long as he was acclimated in some kind of church, involved in the church, that's very important,'' said Jamie Darnell, 27, of Greenville.

Yeah lets vote for him b/c he goes to church and is like me!!! Christian Sheeples....I'm glad I was saved from the cult of Christain politics.

RP4ME
09-12-2007, 06:28 PM
Try to run for president on the atheist ticket and see how far ya get lol
Of course he's playing up religion as much as he can. Do you really expect better from him?

Yeah he plays it up by downplaying it - pretty sneaky sis. again false humility alert.

lynnf
09-12-2007, 06:29 PM

I'm not worried about Gingrich. If he can't handle it when the House is handed to him on a silver platter, he can't handle a presidential campaign. If Dead Fred gets eliminated quickly, that would be a lesson for Gingrich.

lynn

mavtek
09-12-2007, 06:33 PM
I got a big kick out of this!
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070909/capt.dd3b9170d0e94bff81a167212355c424.thompson_200 8__nhjc111.jpg?x=380&y=282&sig=fWz5ef6aaj8XzuYL1WdYYw--

Richandler
09-12-2007, 06:34 PM
I really wish Ron had used the Christian just war theory when he was debating Huckabee. He would have made Huckabee look like a bigger fool.

LibertyEagle
09-12-2007, 06:55 PM

I have 3 letters for you.

C F R

JosephTheLibertarian
09-12-2007, 06:56 PM

Gingrich is not running.

AdamT
09-12-2007, 08:18 PM
lick your chops and get ready for some delicious roast Thompson!

LOL

wgadget
09-12-2007, 08:21 PM

Why? He's a womanizer.

BTW, got some ketchup?

Chibioz
09-12-2007, 08:24 PM
UMM what did you just say? UMMM i dontthink you get it yet,the republican party will not get my vote unless they nominate RON PAUL,those other republicans are not getting my vote nor many of RON PAUL SUPPORTERS,the gop is gonna fall like a rock ,if they dont nominate RON PAUL,this is do or die for the GOP,thats what my vote and my wifes vote is saying;)

maybe i missed the sarcasm??

I'm in the same boat. There is no republican candidate besides Ron Paul that I am even considering voting for. I agree with the person who said that anyone with a high school degree should be able to see through these phony candidates. It's amazing that they are given so much credibility by the public.

lynnf
09-13-2007, 03:51 AM
I'm in the same boat. There is no republican candidate besides Ron Paul that I am even considering voting for. I agree with the person who said that anyone with a high school degree should be able to see through these phony candidates. It's amazing that they are given so much credibility by the public.

Please remember that the public is fed a bunch of bull by the lamestream media. Given the current environment, our biggest job is education to counteract this.

lynn

Richandler
09-13-2007, 04:13 AM
I came up with some slogans we can throw at the Fred Thompson assault. They're in my sig.