PDA

View Full Version : Setting up meeting places if SHTF

Deborah K
01-20-2009, 12:55 PM
This is a supplement to this: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=175553

Don't know if it's ever been discussed before, but how will those in the freedom movement find each other if we lose communication? Any ideas?

I think we should have at least 4 designated locations nation wide, probably on someone's private land, or an obscure national park or something.

It never hurts to be prepared.

SnappleLlama
01-20-2009, 01:12 PM
"Bunker Talk Express is coming to you LIVE from an undisclosed location in the Arizona desert..."

Andrew-Austin
01-20-2009, 02:01 PM
This is a supplement to this: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=175553

Don't know if it's ever been discussed before, but how will those in the freedom movement find each other if we lose communication? Any ideas?

I think we should have at least 4 designated locations nation wide, probably on someone's private land, or an obscure national park or something.

It never hurts to be prepared.

Only four? There should be meeting places in every general part of a state.

Deborah K
01-20-2009, 02:24 PM
Only four? There should be meeting places in every general part of a state.

Wouldn't that spread us out too thin?

Josh_LA
01-20-2009, 02:32 PM
Wouldn't that spread us out too thin?

why is spreading out thin a problem?

why would you run from concentration camps to become your own camps?

camps and dense gatherings make easy target.

besides, the more people you have, the more likely you'll have rats.

Deborah K
01-20-2009, 02:36 PM
why is spreading out thin a problem?

why would you run from concentration camps to become your own camps?

camps and dense gatherings make easy target.

besides, the more people you have, the more likely you'll have rats.

I'm thinking in terms of protecting ourselves. There's power in numbers. You know, circling the wagons. It's too easy to overtake small groups.

Traps can be set for rats.

smithtg
01-20-2009, 02:45 PM
my dad has 300 acres in Ohio. Im bugging out there

I also know of many pretty hard to get to places in SE Ohio and in the mountains of WV that could be habitable during the warmer months

acptulsa
01-20-2009, 02:54 PM
In the event, I'm not going to some remote place and waiting to see who else shows.

Get in tight with your local meetup so you can be effective from day one. And if you have a 'bug out spot', get in with the meetup there, too. At least they'll know your name when the time comes to call them allies.

Small groups can be overrun, but large groups can too--if you have the might the government has. As for rat traps, well, we aren't rats and they might not know what to bait the trap with. Besides, I think we're a little smarter than your average pack of rodents...

All politics is local. Save your own piece of ground--we'll stitch it all back together when we can. Get in with your meetup!

JeNNiF00F00
01-20-2009, 03:16 PM
I'm in with Deb. We NEEd to have some sort of organization if things do go down. If you peeps want to do your own thing that is great but for the ones who want to band together there should be some sort of safe ground for us to go to if needed. JMO.

wizardwatson
01-20-2009, 03:19 PM
I been thinking of this and related stuff for quite sometime.

Namely, how do you organize "decentralized" ANYTHING. If we could solve this riddle we could do all sorts of stuff like this together.

Deborah K
01-20-2009, 04:37 PM
As for rat traps, well, we aren't rats and they might not know what to bait the trap with. Besides, I think we're a little smarter than your average pack of rodents...

I was responding to Josh_LA's remark about how bigger groups attract rats.

heavenlyboy34
01-20-2009, 05:00 PM
If SHTF in winter, you guys should come hide in the mountains here in AZ. If you're staying long term, go up to the grand canyon or the forests where its cooler. ;):D And remember your survival gear! Not many trees in the southern half of the state, except for lawn citrus trees. :( I've heard of people hiding out there from the feds and never getting caught! :)

JeNNiF00F00
01-20-2009, 05:15 PM
East coast over here man :)

Josh_LA
01-20-2009, 05:30 PM
I'm thinking in terms of protecting ourselves. There's power in numbers. You know, circling the wagons. It's too easy to overtake small groups.

Traps can be set for rats.

Honey, RAT as in secret informants, tattle tellers, traitors, infiltrators.

Josh_LA
01-20-2009, 05:32 PM
I been thinking of this and related stuff for quite sometime.

Namely, how do you organize "decentralized" ANYTHING. If we could solve this riddle we could do all sorts of stuff like this together.

decentralization is by definition UNCONCENTRATED, an in a way UNORGANIZED.

it means a few people can get the job done, or one person can take care of himself, THATS what we should be going for, if there's one lesson in freedom living, it's to NOT trust or rely on another person.

Deborah K
01-20-2009, 06:35 PM
Honey, RAT as in secret informants, tattle tellers, traitors, infiltrators.

Well no shit....

Deborah K
01-20-2009, 06:41 PM
I suggest we do what another poster suggested and get with our local meetups, HAM radio groups, gun owner's rights groups, etc. AND we should organize at least 4 other locations nation wide where those who choose to can go to be with a much larger group.

I'm not saying it will positively get to this point, but think about what the Jews could have done for themselves if they had been given the time to organize? Many of them refused to believe the rumors flying about. Others took it seriously and got the hell outta there. It would behoove us to remember the past lest we repeat it.

Josh_LA
01-20-2009, 06:47 PM
Well no shit....

good luck trapping them.

Josh_LA
01-20-2009, 06:50 PM
I'm not saying it will positively get to this point, but think about what the Jews could have done for themselves if they had been given the time to organize? Many of them refused to believe the rumors flying about. Others took it seriously and got the hell outta there. It would behoove us to remember the past lest we repeat it.

Are you talking about Jews in WW2 Germany ?

How do you think they were caught and captured? Because they stayed in their ghetto neighborhoods where people knew they lived. If they lived scattered around, how would they have been hunted down?

How do you run from a concentration camp by becoming one? You don't, you run, hide and trust nobody. If they want to gas and bomb a whole city just to catch one of us, too bad. (ooops, that's what they did in Iraq and Palestine, ain't it!)

Deborah K
01-20-2009, 06:51 PM
good luck trapping them.

Oh come on! You don't think you could sniff out a rat from amongst us? ;)

Josh_LA
01-20-2009, 06:52 PM
Oh come on! You don't think you could sniff out a rat from amongst us? ;)

I really don't. Sadly, the only surest way is to assume everybody is a rat. But at the same time, if you're not doing anything wrong,you have nothing to rat about.

Deborah K
01-20-2009, 06:54 PM
Are you talking about Jews in WW2 Germany ?

How do you think they were caught and captured? Because they stayed in their ghetto neighborhoods where people knew they lived. If they lived scattered around, how would they have been hunted down?

Exactly. That is why I am suggesting meeting points.

How do you run from a concentration camp by becoming one? You don't, you run, hide and trust nobody. If they want to gas and bomb a whole city just to catch one of us, too bad. (ooops, that's what they did in Iraq and Palestine, ain't it!)

How did a meeting point become a concentration camp?

Roxi
01-20-2009, 06:55 PM
yes, we can all meet in Lake Jackson, at Ron Pauls house :D

Josh_LA
01-20-2009, 09:24 PM
Exactly. That is why I am suggesting meeting points.

How did a meeting point become a concentration camp?

if you don't want to spread thin, what else is it?

a big number of people gathered in general area, is a concentration camp, or a target for bombing.

Kotin
01-20-2009, 09:28 PM
yes, we can all meet in Lake Jackson, at Ron Pauls house :D

sounds solid to me..

heavenlyboy34
01-20-2009, 09:37 PM
if we have any miners here, it might be a good time to plan a tunnel system for when SHTF. ;):)

Athan
01-26-2009, 10:07 PM
Can we get a national map and start working on updating information there? Like the C4L map and just kind of add little markers for rally points?

Original_Intent
01-26-2009, 10:28 PM
I agree with Josh_La on this one.

Think guerilla. If you think fortress, you are just creating a target.

Sandra
01-26-2009, 11:20 PM
Branch Davidians, Elohim City, ... too cloistered. American Ghettos are too culturally mixed today and will probably side with the feds to sustain subsidies. It's too dang hard to bring down a citzenry with guns to begin with much less apprehend thousands of households by an aggressor and not expect that aggressor to "disappear". That's why TPTB need to round up combatants and concentrate them in one area.

Athan
01-26-2009, 11:23 PM
Kenedy County seems like a good county if SHTF.