PDA

View Full Version : Take this inauguration and shove it.

The Grinning Maniac
01-20-2009, 10:08 AM
I'm an art student over at Western Michigan University. This morning I found out that today, all classes will be tuning into Obama's inauguration live. At first I thought it was just the teacher's idea in my first class, but then I found out that the President of the University is encouraging it campus-wide. All classes are encouraged to watch.

I walked out.

I very politely, but publicly, stated to the professor and the students within earshot that I feel Obama is a fraud and a liar and I was not going to participate in this political circlejerk. I wished them well, then I gathered my stuff, tipped my hat, and walked out. The looks on their faces were amazing. It was like I had confessed to pedophila or something. I suppose my being black had a little to do with that.

But hey, I have principles and I'd rather not waste 2+ hours of my time watching something that disgusts and embarrasses me.

SnappleLlama
01-20-2009, 10:09 AM
I'm an art student over at Western Michigan University. This morning I found out that today, all classes will be tuning into Obama's inauguration live. At first I thought it was just the teacher's idea in my first class, but then I found out that the President of the University is encouraging it campus-wide. All classes are encouraged to watch.

I walked out.

I very politely, but publicly, stated to the professor and the students within earshot that I feel Obama is a fraud and a liar and I was not going to participate in this political circlejerk. I wished them well, then I gathered my stuff, tipped my hat, and walked out. The looks on their faces were amazing. It was like I had confessed to pedophila or something. I suppose my being black had a little to do with that.

But hey, I have principles and I'd rather not waste 2+ hours of my time watching something that disgusts and embarrasses me.

Nicely done!

decatren
01-20-2009, 10:13 AM
good man! ;)

Crash Martinez
01-20-2009, 10:15 AM
+∞

gls
01-20-2009, 10:17 AM
Wow...I would demand a refund. I remember a few years ago when I was in college calculating that each class period cost me around $80.

zach
01-20-2009, 10:21 AM
We just have some place on campus that's broadcasting it..

Dang.. at least we have classes too.

Nice form. :)

tremendoustie
01-20-2009, 10:24 AM
What? You mean, black people aren't all the same? Man, I thought for sure I had you all pegged, based on what the media tells me. They've been helping me see that I don't need to get to know any black people as individuals, I can know immediately upon seeing the color of their skin that they think Obama is terrific, and this is is one giant step towards MLK's dream (you know, the one that says something about content of character, not color of skin, I can't recall exactly ...). And that's only the beginning! They let me know there's lots of other things that are true about all people with dark skin!

Anyhow, this media insight has really saved me time, you know, actually getting to know people as individuals is such a hassle. It helps with other groups too, it's so great to be able to look at people and immediately know what "votor block" they belong to, and so everything important about them. Young and old people, white people, black people, hispanic people, people who look poor, people who look rich, people who look like students, people who look like soccer moms and drive SUVs, people who drive priuses, people with crosses around their necks. I know everything about all of them without getting to know anybody! Whoohoo MLK's dream here we come baby!! :D
/sarcasm

georgiaboy
01-20-2009, 10:26 AM
^+1

fedup100
01-20-2009, 10:37 AM
^^^:D^^^

apc3161
01-20-2009, 10:48 AM
Well done!

TastyWheat
01-20-2009, 10:50 AM
I sincerely hope you actually called it a "circlejerk". I can think of no better word to describe all the fanfare surrounding a President with no real record of change or accomplishment.

Agent CSL
01-20-2009, 10:51 AM
Great job!

MRoCkEd
01-20-2009, 10:53 AM
Nice!

danberkeley
01-20-2009, 10:58 AM

I walked out.

Here's a beer:

http://www.splitbrain.org/_media/projects/ppbeverag.jpg

Matt Collins
01-20-2009, 11:01 AM
I walked out.

You sir are a very honorable man! If only more people in our country had your courage and ability to think for themselves.

jclay2
01-20-2009, 11:30 AM
To the Op: You are seriously my hero for today. A ton of classes are doing this at my school and it is really starting to annoy me. All I have to comfort me at this point is that the sheeple that are following obama off a cliff will eventually realize what an epic fail he will be. It is only a matter of time...

heavenlyboy34
01-20-2009, 11:39 AM
A principled and peaceful position. I'm proud of you, OP! :D

JoshLowry
01-20-2009, 11:41 AM
Post of the month!

heavenlyboy34
01-20-2009, 11:43 AM
http://www.wildpixels.com/bunchies/Images/bunchies_clear1.gifhttp://www.wildpixels.com/bunchies/Images/bunchies_clear1.gifhttp://www.wildpixels.com/bunchies/Images/bunchies_clear1.gifhttp://www.wildpixels.com/bunchies/Images/bunchies_clear1.gifhttp://www.wildpixels.com/bunchies/Images/bunchies_clear1.gif Bunchies approves of this thread. :D

tmosley
01-20-2009, 11:58 AM
Well done, OP.

liberteebell
01-20-2009, 12:01 PM
*Standing ovation* Bravo!!

Matt Collins
01-20-2009, 12:06 PM
If Hannity were there he would call you "A Great American"

SnappleLlama
01-20-2009, 12:07 PM
http://www.wildpixels.com/bunchies/images/bunchies_clear1.gifhttp://www.wildpixels.com/bunchies/images/bunchies_clear1.gifhttp://www.wildpixels.com/bunchies/images/bunchies_clear1.gifhttp://www.wildpixels.com/bunchies/images/bunchies_clear1.gifhttp://www.wildpixels.com/bunchies/images/bunchies_clear1.gif bunchies approves of this thread. :d

bunchies!!!

MRoCkEd
01-20-2009, 12:09 PM
If Hannity were there he would call you "A Great American"
But if you did that during Bush's inauguration he would have called you a an unamerican traitor. :cool:

Athan
01-20-2009, 12:10 PM

I walked out.

Holy shit you have huge balls!

PatriotG
01-20-2009, 12:11 PM

I walked out.

A man of principle you are.
Good man! If I could I would buy you a beer ....or two..... or.....;)

heavenlyboy34
01-20-2009, 12:16 PM
bunchies!!!

http://www.wildpixels.com/bunchies/Images/bunchies_clear1.gifhttp://www.wildpixels.com/bunchies/Images/bunchies_clear1.gifhttp://www.wildpixels.com/bunchies/Images/bunchies_clear1.gifhttp://www.wildpixels.com/bunchies/Images/bunchies_clear1.gifhttp://www.wildpixels.com/bunchies/Images/bunchies_clear1.gifhttp://www.wildpixels.com/bunchies/Images/bunchies_clear1.gif and more bunchies!:D

SnappleLlama
01-20-2009, 12:17 PM
Bunchies will never betray us! BUNCHIES for PRESIDENT(-Elect)!

Mini-Me
01-20-2009, 12:25 PM

I walked out.

My heart jumped in my chest when I read "political circlejerk," because you struck a chord with that perfectly fitting terminology. Pure badass, especially if you actually used those words in class. :D

A. Havnes
01-20-2009, 12:25 PM
+1000! Grinning Maniac, you're awesome! I wish that I had a class I could walk out of.

gilliganscorner
01-20-2009, 12:48 PM
Ding ding ding! We have a winner! Post. Of. The. Day.

Well done! There is no Left or Right, Black or White, in a Feudal System. Only Top and Bottom. Lords and Serfs.

Again. Well done.

Natalie
01-20-2009, 12:49 PM
Amazing, amazing...

Bryan
01-20-2009, 12:55 PM
Post of the month!

+1.

Deborah K
01-20-2009, 01:36 PM
I am duly impressed. You are a hero.

self-evident
01-20-2009, 01:47 PM
Badassery 101.

Matt Collins
01-20-2009, 01:50 PM
I wish that I had a class I could walk out of.Yeah me too... I have no class :D:p:);):cool:

Freedom 4 all
01-20-2009, 02:23 PM

LOL political circlejerk. You da man.

The Grinning Maniac
01-20-2009, 02:31 PM
Didn't say circlejerk exactly. Forgot the term I used. But the rest I did say verbatim.

cheapseats
01-20-2009, 02:34 PM
RANDOM THOUGHTS ON A SPECIFIC COUNTRY
BORN OF RANDOMNESS BEHAVING RANDOMLY

I recognize that a truly impressive - one might even say intimidating - number of my countrymen wuv Barack Obama. I do not share their sentiment. Granted, I never put a poster of ANYONE on my bedroom wall, not even in high school, but I am beyond disturbed by what I apprehend to be a collective and cowardly regression to the elevation of personality over principle.

Mark my words here. I am ON the record.

American Idol Gone Wild.

As though we have learned NOT. ONE. THING.

Most expensive campaign in our history, followed by the most expensive inauguration in our history, while we are in unprecedented financial trouble. Newt Gingrich said on Bloomberg TV that “no one does it better,” this peaceful transition of power.

Really? I’da said that certain Monarchies do it better. Take GREAT BRITAIN, as a random example. THEIR transitions have been smooth for hundreds of years, both on Downing Street and at Buckingham Palace. MOREOVER, they DAILY parade a you-gotta-see-it-once-in-your-lifetime-nifty Changing Of The Guard that has kept the coins of touristas flowing into the cups of local merchants, jeepers, for a long time.

Whether it’s Barack Obama or whether it’s Michelle Obama or both, whether its David Axelrod or the DNC or Powers That Be Wearing Invisibility Cloaks, SOMEONE in this operation is a SPENDAHOLIC. I speak from experience, I KNOW what I’m talking about. SOMEONE in this operation is OUT. OF. CONTROL. with what they WRONGLY think of as Petty Cash. It is EASY to think of eye-popping sums of money as petty, when the money is someone else’s and it’s suddenly fashionable to chat in billions instead of millions.

It is MY understanding that Barack Obama is sitting on tens of millions of dollars, AT LEAST, from his campaign. Referencing the exorbitantly higher price tag, someone on Bloomberg said “…mainly security.” If that’s true, howzabout Mr. Fund Raiser himself - the one who incites the NEED for heightened security - step up to the Volunteerism plate by kicking in his fair share of the bill? May I remind everyone that the very first demonstrable action of the 2006 Democratic “Mandate,” marking Nancy Pelosi’s assumption of the Speaker of the House mini-throne, was to throw a big parTAAY?

It was wasteful and inappropriate then, and the mandated Congress proceeded to do nothing but make matters worse. It is even MORE wasteful and MORE inappropriate now. What else CAN I logically infer but that this circle-jerk of Politicos will make matters worser still?

Michelle Obama should never wear that color again and burn those gloves.

What was in the paper bag sticking out of Bush Sr.’s greatcoat? Thought it was a flask for a minute.

Who was the young brunette that Joe Biden went out of his way to kiss after he took his oath. Was he well rehearsed, or WHAT?

What “came up” that delayed Hillary Clinton’s appointment as Secretary of State? That’s what they said on Bloomberg - that something “new” had caused a hiccup in her confirmation and that she was NOT attending the Inauguration as Secretary of State.

When I grow up or if I hook up with someone or, failing that, in my next life, I will bring technological proficiency to the table and then - you can mark my words again here - taking these bullshit politicians and corrupt officials is gonna be like shootin’ fish in a barrel.

Yep, I believe I could compose a gut-buster, if I could capture and insert the clips of Dick Darth Cheney, ridin’ low, not once but TWICE practically pop a wheelie to Exit Stage Left. THAT’S entertainment.

I ardently hope that the actions, inactions, attitudes and appointments during Barack Obama’s transition as President Elect do NOT connote the true game plan of his Administration, rather, that it has all been a bit of a hand-off-fake to pacify the Bad Guys until we were sure we’d gotten ‘em to leave without a fight.

I ardently hope that the predictably lofty rhetoric of his inauguration speech are the words by which he means to lead. Nuthin’ has changed. Talk is cheap. ONE study rather than one hundred rehearsals of his own pontification will make clear - that is, if he would avoid the appearance of being the Hypocrite that he already appears to be - why he needs to cut bait with Monsanto, Starbucks and Pepsi.

My ears perked right up when I heard the Great One announced as Barack. H. Obama. Heavy emphasis on the H., it seemed to me. Like it’s own sentence. H.

Yeah, ‘cuz we don’t usually announce the FULL names of our presidents at formal/legal affairs. The nation was treated to Millhouse and I’ve no doubt that the nation would have been treated to Sinclair. Not so, Hussein.

Between you, me and the lamp post, I think Chief Justice Roberts didn’t get the memo. I think Chief Justice Roberts shocked the shit out of Barack Obama when his voice rang out, “I, Barack HUSSEIN Obama.” Surely, it was that and not nerves that caused our new President, He of the cadenced delivery of heartstring-tugger prose, to FLUB THE OATH OF OFFICE.

I don’t usually resort to internet shorthand, but . . . LMAO.

Laughter being the best medicine, tell me it’s not funny that Barack Hussein Obama said he is humbled.

http://www.mcpolitics.com

Andrew-Austin
01-20-2009, 02:42 PM
If you were white, some of them would have thought you a racist. Amusing moment no doubt, would have been all the more glorious if you used the term circlejerk.

Rael
01-20-2009, 02:44 PM
Good job!

anaconda
01-20-2009, 02:46 PM
You rock.

Matt Collins
01-20-2009, 02:49 PM
Maniac -

Congrats again for your resolve.

What do you think about that little poem / joke that many here are claiming was racist against whites?

Here it is:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=176218

haaaylee
01-20-2009, 02:57 PM
I live next to an african american college, and today all classes were cancelled .
not sure that really makes sense ---- to celebrate the first black president we opt out of education?

Michael Landon
01-20-2009, 02:59 PM
Very well done. You are my hero for the day.

- ML

SnappleLlama
01-20-2009, 03:01 PM
i live next to an african american college, and today all classes were cancelled .
Not sure that really makes sense ---- to celebrate the first black president we opt out of education?

lol!

CurtisLow
01-20-2009, 03:07 PM
I have principles.

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii152/phxsicsense/applause.gif
Curtislow approves this message. *Salute*

satchelmcqueen
01-20-2009, 03:13 PM

I walked out.

you are me new hero. way to stand up. i also stated my views to a few people today about the sickening love fest without any earned merit yet.

The_Orlonater
01-20-2009, 05:21 PM
I wish I could've done that during class, but they wouldn't have letten me. :(

I had the book, "How Capitalism Saved America" to red so that made me happy. It's like having the holy bible infront of a group of devils.

dr. hfn
01-20-2009, 05:29 PM
LOL! Truth matters more than anything

Lucille
01-20-2009, 05:34 PM
http://blogs.smh.com.au/mashup/images/applause.gif

jack555
01-20-2009, 06:31 PM

I walked out.

O man...Bravo sir!

mediahasyou
01-20-2009, 07:01 PM
nicely done.

Roxi
01-20-2009, 07:35 PM

I walked out.

I love you

youngbuck
01-20-2009, 07:42 PM
Sweeeeet

canadian4ronpaul
01-20-2009, 07:50 PM
respect!

I Am Weasel
01-20-2009, 09:16 PM
Bravo!!! 1000%!

ksuguy
01-20-2009, 10:41 PM
Good for you.

devil21
01-21-2009, 12:15 AM
Nice move. Wear a Ron Paul shirt next time :)

bj72
01-21-2009, 02:55 AM
Grinning...you have me grinning :)

It gives me hope. I hope people start to realize that true change, Constitutional change back to our core documents (not the socialist and fascist rhetoric we've heard for decades from the left and right), will not come until each of us takes a stand in everyday situations. One does not need to be on TV to be heard. If your actions even encouraged one person in that room to ask "Why?" and start to educate themselves, that could snowball into them eventually reaching two more, and so on...a ripple effect.

Sometimes speaking out around our peers is the hardest thing to do. I've been going against the grain in our Home Educators circle this past year and half. 97 other families out of the around 100 probably think we were nuts for saying we weren't first for Huckabee and constantly shooting holes in his policy vs. Ron Paul's, then crazy for not jumping on board and supporting McCain to "avoid" Obama's policies. It shocked them a lot that we did not think much of McCain's foreign policy either as we are a very conservative military family with 15 yrs in. I explained while I appreciated McCain's service while he was in the military, he has not served his country well in the Senate. I basically said it didn't matter if it was Obama or McCain...it is all the same game, trying to point out policies on both sides of the aisle that are amiss. Over the past year, a few more families are slowly coming around and asking more questions and "waking up". It takes time, patience, and persistence.

I hope you become active with the Campaign for Liberty's effort for "Young Americans for Liberty" if you haven't already. I saw a Michigan State University chapter listed, but none for Western Michigan University. It seems pretty easy to start a chapter (only need 3 people to start), and dues are only $10 a year http://blog.yaliberty.org/.

Principled, polite, yet still outspoken people like you are hard to come by unfortunately, and we need more to stand up and lead for liberty right now. Well done!

Ex Post Facto
01-21-2009, 03:43 AM
Good job standing for what you believe.