PDA

View Full Version : Blasphemy!

RATM99
01-19-2009, 10:25 PM
You might have seen commercials. If not here they are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VU-DjbXyItA&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDpxgsmqGdI&feature=related

Disgusting.

Original_Intent
01-19-2009, 10:28 PM
You have been a member here for a year and that is your 38th post, and THAT sets you off? :)

RSLudlum
01-19-2009, 10:31 PM
What do you expect from a business that continues to exist and profit more from a tax system and quite a complicated one at that. They would probably be one of the companies to lobby against repealing the income tax.

RATM99
01-19-2009, 10:39 PM
You have been a member here for a year and that is your 38th post, and THAT sets you off? :)

Don't shoot the messenger. I do more reading than posting here. I just see this as a total mockery of what our founders believed. And unfortunately this type of propaganda will have a major effect on brainwashing millions of Americans.

Freedom 4 all
01-19-2009, 10:51 PM
Turbo Tax is a stupid name. Why do they have to "turbo" tax? It's an unpleasant process of getting robbed. What's next? "Mega Colonoscopy"? "Hyper Divorce Lawyers" "Super Duper Prostate Exam"?

heavenlyboy34
01-19-2009, 11:35 PM
Turbo Tax is a stupid name. Why do they have to "turbo" tax? It's an unpleasant process of getting robbed. What's next? "Mega Colonoscopy"? "Hyper Divorce Lawyers" "Super Duper Prostate Exam"?

The horror!! :eek::eek::eek:

tremendoustie
01-19-2009, 11:52 PM

I don't know, I prefer getting robbed quickly. That way I lose less time along with my money. :D

nobody's_hero
01-20-2009, 04:58 AM
The correct response would have been:

"What??!!! Taxation without representation?! We know what to do." —as one of the founders went to fetch the [effigies of tax collectors] from the wagon.

I guess that doesn't really help Turbo Tax. Of course, neither does me not doing business with them now.

tremendoustie
01-20-2009, 05:08 AM
The correct response would have been:

"What??!!! Taxation without representation?! We know what to do." —as one of the founders went to fetch the muskets from the wagon.

I guess that doesn't really help Turbo Tax. Of course, neither does me not doing business with them now.

You know, I think we should think more about civil disobedience. It seems like the only options discussed here are either within the law, or references to potential violence somewhere down the line, should things get much worse. What about ways we can fight tyranny peacably, though perhaps not fully legally?

I know this is off topic, but it's just something I've noticed.

nobody's_hero
01-20-2009, 06:23 AM
You know, I think we should think more about civil disobedience. It seems like the only options discussed here are either within the law, or references to potential violence somewhere down the line, should things get much worse. What about ways we can fight tyranny peacably, though perhaps not fully legally?

I know this is off topic, but it's just something I've noticed.

You're right. We should do what the founders did and start with burning effigies. I'll edit my previous post.

tremendoustie
01-20-2009, 09:12 AM
You're right. We should do what the founders did and start with burning effigies. I'll edit my previous post.

Yay!! Effigy burning!! I'll bring the marshmallows.