PDA

View Full Version : "Obama Cool"

James Madison
01-18-2009, 08:22 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/01/18/obama.cool/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

The country might be going to hell but at least our new leader is "cool".:D

rich34
01-18-2009, 08:46 PM
I can't believe so many people are this flipping ignorant. Then again, yes I can.

nobody's_hero
01-18-2009, 08:47 PM
Somewhat off topic:

Is this from the same people who made the infamous "johnmccainforums.com"?:

http://www.theobamaforum.com/

when you type in www.johnmccainforum.com it redirects you to this, so, I'm thinking . . . this is the first I've found out about this.

The whole forum is full of people who think Obama is soo OMG cool! :D

jcarcinogen
01-18-2009, 08:49 PM
This is out of control.

I'm not used to snow but NH is sounding better and better.

James Madison
01-18-2009, 09:43 PM
This is out of control.

Didn't NH vote for Obama back in November?

jcarcinogen
01-18-2009, 10:06 PM
...And McCain in the GOP primary. If I used who the majority of the voting population voted for 'back in November' as a litmus test to form an opinion on a state, the state of insanity would be more desirable than any in the union.

I was just commenting in order to vent some frustration, thinking about the FSP, fully aware of the CFL and the JBS, LP, etc. with no real intention.

ClayTrainor
01-18-2009, 11:39 PM
This is out of control.

Every single one of us should just move to NH, and win that state, hands down, in 2012 :cool:

Agent CSL
01-18-2009, 11:41 PM
"Cult of Personality"

Dangerous, deadly and deliberate.

Nate K
01-18-2009, 11:52 PM
Some of you might not wanna hear the brutal truth but here it is..

He's black. Most people think that because you're black you're "cool". Because all black people are "chill man". Or at least this is how white boys see it.

It's a subconscious stereotype.

transistor
01-18-2009, 11:55 PM
i'm scared

Spike
01-18-2009, 11:56 PM
"Cult of Personality"

Dangerous, deadly and deliberate.

yes, yes, and yes.

I can't believe people are comparing Obama with MLK and Mandela. But America is the country of Idol-Worship so its not surprising. And right now Obama is the supreme American Idol.

The funny thing about all this is that...Obama is not even that interesting! People are just projecting leadership qualities onto him. It makes me wonder if a real American revolutionary took center stage then Americans may embrace him as a benevolent dictator.

Fixing America does not lie chiefly with reinstating the constitution but the peasant mind-set of the larger American populace needs to be changed. And there are some promising signs of that happening but its a race against time and the conditions are not looking too good.

Zera
01-19-2009, 12:40 AM

He's black. Most people think that because you're black you're "cool". Because all black people are "chill man". Or at least this is how white boys see it.

Isn't that even more of a stereotype itself?

Nate K
01-19-2009, 12:58 AM
Isn't that even more of a stereotype itself?

No it's an observation of the truth. Everyone knows it's true they just don't want to be the one to say it.

djfirm
01-19-2009, 01:29 AM
He's HALF black. People seems to forget the color of his mother.

Roxi
01-19-2009, 01:35 AM

correction: hes part black, and him like herm edwards is all black when its convenient for them and all white when they need to be white

Infamouswoodster
01-19-2009, 02:13 AM

I'm going to have to disagree with that. There are just to many generalizations in that statement and i haven't seen any of this personally.

Nate K
01-19-2009, 02:14 AM
I'm going to have to disagree with that. There are just to many generalizations in that statement and i haven't seen any of this personally.

so be it, i didn't post that in hopes people would agree.

Knightskye
01-19-2009, 02:22 AM
Tipped CNN off about a typo in that article. :D

Anyway, let's hope they find something useful to do with those t-shirts after they find out "hope" and "change" were just slogans.

anaconda
01-19-2009, 03:40 AM
The term "Obama cool" is a non sequitur.

RevolutionSD
01-19-2009, 10:03 AM
yes, yes, and yes.

I can't believe people are comparing Obama with MLK and Mandela. But America is the country of Idol-Worship so its not surprising. And right now Obama is the supreme American Idol.

The funny thing about all this is that...Obama is not even that interesting! People are just projecting leadership qualities onto him. It makes me wonder if a real American revolutionary took center stage then Americans may embrace him as a benevolent dictator.

Fixing America does not lie chiefly with reinstating the constitution but the peasant mind-set of the larger American populace needs to be changed. And there are some promising signs of that happening but its a race against time and the conditions are not looking too good.

What makes you think that suddenly, politicians everywhere will start embracing the constitution? It was pretty much over when we got the federal reserve, income tax, and WWI. Government, by nature, will always grow and find ways around written words that attempt to restrain them.

Nyte
01-19-2009, 10:15 AM
But he's not as cool as Reagraham Lincool (http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jhtml?videoId=215929&title=reagraham-lincool).