PDA

View Full Version : We Are One: The Obama Inaugural Celebration

Original_Intent
01-18-2009, 06:01 PM
I seriously cannot believe this shit.

2 hour special on HBO that they are cycling thru the HBO channels.

Oh and HBO just "happens" to be free this weekend so that everyone can witness the coronation....:rolleyes:

Denzel Washington speaking atm, I just can't tear myself away from the drama.

RSLudlum
01-18-2009, 06:13 PM
What did Denzel speak about? Being that he starred in a film, The Siege, about the CIA, FBI, terrorism, and martial law with caging of American citizens, I wonder if he see's the connections of what may be going on in the country? Am I asking too much of him??

Kotin
01-18-2009, 06:13 PM
yeah I fucking hate this shit..

how can we handle 4 years of it?

Original_Intent
01-18-2009, 06:19 PM
Basically he is being lionized by the Hollywood elite. I am watching it just to keep myself up on the latest propaganda. It is seriously hard to watch they are showing videos of FDR, they want Obama to be the next FDR. It is seriously hard to watch this and realize how much of America is just eating it up.

RSLudlum
01-18-2009, 06:19 PM
yeah I fucking hate this shit..

how can we handle 4 years of it?

Don't worry Obama's got a handle on it. All we gotta do is sit back and HOPE. :rolleyes:

It is seriously hard to watch this and realize how much of America is just eating it up.

mmmmm...yummy

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3060/2763172441_79458c56d9.jpg?v=0

Original_Intent
01-18-2009, 06:56 PM
Um, doesn't reflect on Obama, but I am pretty sure I just heard a rapper at the big inaugural party throw out the "n" word.

How classy. I think the exact line was "if you only love your own race, then n*****r, you just leaving space to discriminate".

Now it is Tiger Woods speaking, so I am guessing this party is a showcase of African American Awesomness. (in fairness, they have had about 1/3 of the talent white folks, and they even had George Lopez on a bit ago.)

ClayTrainor
01-18-2009, 07:00 PM
90% of my family is probably watching this, with a big happy smile on their face.

Makes me sick to my stomach :-(

HenryKnoxFineBooks
01-18-2009, 07:18 PM
This is tough to watch, especially the part where Garth Brooks sang AMERICAN PIE, and I could only think of Avaroth's video Stop Dreaming....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWfIhFhelm8