PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Vindicated on Saudi Arabia

Brian4Liberty
09-12-2007, 12:21 PM
They all look the other way when Ron Paul speaks the truth. This story relates directly to some of Ron Paul's recent points on terrorism.

I don't know how much this story was distributed. Was it somewhat squelched? Did anyone relate this to Ron Paul being correct on this issue?

----

http://in.news.yahoo.com/070912/137/6kn06.html

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Despite six years of promises, Saudi Arabia has failed to pursue wealthy individuals identified as sending millions of dollars to al Qaeda, the U.S. official in charge of tracking terror financing said in an ABC News interview on Tuesday.

"If I could somehow snap my fingers and cut off the funding from one country, it would be Saudi Arabia," said Stuart Levey, the under secretary of the Treasury.

No one identified by the United States and the United Nations as a terror financier has been prosecuted by the Saudis, Levey said.

"When the evidence is clear that these individuals have funded terrorist organizations, and knowingly done so, then that should be prosecuted and treated as real terrorism because it is," Levey said.

----

Mister Grieves
09-12-2007, 12:31 PM
I guess according to O'Reilly and other neocons, refusing to prosecute individuals that fund terrorist organizations is ok so long as they don't make a public, written, formal declaration about it.

ButchHowdy
09-12-2007, 12:33 PM
Excellent! We needed this affirmation!~

Akus
09-12-2007, 01:09 PM
hey hey hey
enough of history lesson will ya :rolleyes:

Scribbler de Stebbing
09-12-2007, 01:10 PM
Yup. SA is the place WITH all the money. And all the terrorists. Boy, I just don't see how people fell for Iraq as the center of the Axis of Evil when we are so frickin' cozy with SA. We even took our military bases out of there after 9/11.

Johnnybags
09-12-2007, 01:13 PM
I guess according to O'Reilly and other neocons, refusing to prosecute individuals that fund terrorist organizations is ok so long as they don't make a public, written, formal declaration about it.

Heck the Saudi Royal family owns a large chunk of News corp, of course we cannot say anything. Saudi Arabia should be wiped off the map.